• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might get flamed for this, but any chance we don't see Elvis in the #2 spot?

Martin
Choo
Fielder
Beltre
(Whoever ends up as DH)
Andrus
Odor
(Whoever ends up as LF)
Chirinos

I have no issue with that lineup, personally.

Certainly an option, but I'm not sure I see that happen.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might get flamed for this, but any chance we don't see Elvis in the #2 spot?

Martin
Choo
Fielder
Beltre
(Whoever ends up as DH)
Andrus
Odor
(Whoever ends up as LF)
Chirinos

There's plenty of us that would love to see EA out of the 2 spot, but they aren't going to stack 3 lefties at the top of the line-up. If Rua hits like he did last year he could eventually be an option in the 2 hole, but I'm not counting on that by any means.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might get flamed for this, but annot be too crazy hance we don't see Elvis in the #2 spot?

Martin
Choo
Fielder
Beltre
(Whoever ends up as DH)
Andrus
Odor
(Whoever ends up as LF)
Chirinos

I really would not want to see EA in the 5 hole. I may not like him that much in the 2 hole but I would rather see him there and move the lineup down a notch. Hopefully EA will do better in the 2 hole with a manager who will not take the bat out of his hand.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point my only desire for the lineup is that it isn't set in concrete. I hope Banister is willing to make adjustments when guys go into prolonged slumps and isn't afraid of hurting anyone's feeling when they are moved down at times. The lineup doesn't have to be fluid, but it certainly shouldn't be concrete. I remember a few years ago that anytime Kinsler was hurt Wash simply put whoever was playing 2B that night in the leadoff spot whether they should hit there or not. That kept him from having to move anyone else from their spot.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would not want to see EA in the 5 hole. I may not like him that much in the 2 hole but I would rather see him there and move the lineup down a notch. Hopefully EA will do better in the 2 hole with a manager who will not take the bat out of his hand.

In the scenario you quoted Andrus was in the 6 spot

And agreed about not taking the bat out of his hand, I think he will do much better if actually allowed to swing the bat more regularly

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point my only desire for the lineup is that it isn't set in concrete. I hope Banister is willing to make adjustments when guys go into prolonged slumps and isn't afraid of hurting anyone's feeling when they are moved down at times. The lineup doesn't have to be fluid, but it certainly shouldn't be concrete. I remember a few years ago that anytime Kinsler was hurt Wash simply put whoever was playing 2B that night in the leadoff spot whether they should hit there or not. That kept him from having to move anyone else from their spot.

I felt he overcorrected in 2014... seemed like every day there was a different lineup. I know injuries factored into it but there was just too much experimentation going on. I prefer consistency in the lineup.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think unless things change drastically in ST it will be:

Martin CF
Elvis 2B
Choo RF
Beltre 3B
Prince 1B
Rua LF
Moreland DH (don't want him but who else do we have)
Chiniros C
Odor 2B

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt he overcorrected in 2014... seemed like every day there was a different lineup. I know injuries factored into it but there was just too much experimentation going on. I prefer consistency in the lineup.

Have no idea of what you're referring too here.

You already stated injuries forced our hand and then you mention experimentation. IMO Ron Washington and the word experimentation should be considered mutually exclusive from one another.

Exactly where did he "over-correct" in 2014?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martin CF
Elvis 2B
Choo RF
Beltre 3B
Prince 1B
Rua LF
Chiniros C
Odor 2B

I'd be surprised if Rua starts out that high in the order. Getting a legitimate DH would improve the lineup infinitely.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea of what you're referring too here.

You already stated injuries forced our hand and then you mention experimentation. IMO Ron Washington and the word experimentation should be considered mutually exclusive from one another.

Exactly where did he "over-correct" in 2014?

What I mean by over-correct is that in 2012-2013, it seemed like Wash absolutely refused to make any changes, operating under the "we've been successful before, and we'll be again" mantra. In 2014, though, I recall many times where Wash would shuffle the lineup on an almost daily basis, trying different guys in different spots in the lineup to see if it all gelled. I realize that the basic concept of that is sound, but there was never any chance to see if a lineup gelled because the next day it would be totally different. And that's not because of injuries, it was Wash trying something new.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the scenario you quoted Andrus was in the 6 spot

And agreed about not taking the bat out of his hand, I think he will do much better if actually allowed to swing the bat more regularly

Missed that DH part in the 5 hole didn't I. I wonder about myself at times. LOL

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's discussed here but I got a chance to see the hot stove edition on FSSW with Rhads, TAG, and Evan along with Banny. I realize a lot of his stuff has been coach speak thus far which I don't blame him since he hasn't had a chance to see the players perform in person yet but based on his words of handling of players, lineups, matchups etc I'm really excited in that he'll be using analytics and not be set in his ways like Wash was.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would help to get legitimate DH but who is available that you would sign?
He may become more valuable at defense and Prince becomes DH at least partly. Not really the fix we're looking for.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martin CF
Elvis 2B
Choo RF
Beltre 3B
Prince 1B
Rua LF
Chiniros C
Odor 2B

I think that's it exactly. If it were me, I'd go

Choo
EA
Beltre
Prince
Rua
Moreland
Chiniros
Odor
Martin

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's it exactly. If it were me, I'd go

Choo
EA
Beltre
Prince
Rua
Moreland
Chiniros
Odor
Martin

I don't know, you really don't have any good options for the one or two other than Choo... But if you put a speed guy at 2(martin or Andrus), it might protect from DPs, but it also will prevent some base running...

I would probably put Martin at the one spot and test him out there, see if he can raise his OBP...
and have 1-4 be Martin,choo, Beltre, Prince, and 9 be Andrus... 5-8 are all coin tosses...