• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... Got a scouting report on this cat?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lambert was it his best in the playoffs, compiling a 1.68 ERA in five postseason outings as River City finished as Frontier League runner-up.
“Likely getting drafted I would have been spent to a rookie-league team and been with a lot of guys my age or younger,” the 23-year-old Lambert said. “The league I was in has been compared to the High-A level. I played with and against a lot of guys that had Double-A experience and a couple with Triple-A experience. Competing on that level was great and just the knowledge and wisdom I gained in a couple of months was very beneficial.”
Lambert could likely be assigned to the Low-Class A Hickory Crawdads in North Carolina or High-Class A High Desert Mavericks in California. Either way, he’s just grateful for the opportunity.
“The Rangers made a big push to get something going,” Lambert said. “That was the first team to give me an offer and I jumped on it.”

Cant find much as far as scouting or what pitches he throws or so forth. Looks like there is some potential there though for an undrafted kid.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Senior righthanded pitcher Trey Lambert has been particularly special for the Flames this season. Lambert has a 2.27 ERA in 79 1/3 innings, and is a consistent arm who will sit 88-91 mph with his fastball, touching 92 at times. He also has a true four-pitch mix with a decent curveball, along with a cutter and changeup.

Mid-major spotlight: Host hunting | Perfect Game USA

Senior righthander Trey Lambert (7-1, 1.92 with 32 strikeouts and seven walks in 56 innings) sets the tone on Friday nights. He threw a six-hit shutout Friday against VMI, allowing one walk while striking out five. He shut out Presbyterian on one hit a week earlier. Lambert has plenty of confidence and poise regardless of his opponent.
“Trey Lambert beat South Carolina last year, beat Clemson last year, beat Georgia last year,” Toman said. “He’s pretty much the same guy every time out: 88-91, on a good day bumps 92, has a curveball, cutter and changeup. He’s one of those senior sign veteran guys, works downhill, solid guy. Mature.”

Three Strikes: Week Eight - BaseballAmerica.com

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a long relief/spot starter candidate.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last two segments of Norm's show today are going to be on the Rangers. FYI....somewhere 11:15 or later.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm's Show (with Ty Walker and Shawn Bass) highlights:

Biggest hope for 2015......health.....stunning isn't it?

Biggest concern.......offense....Prince especially. Followed by Choo.....Wants to see Martin and EA take the next step.

Little scrutiny of JD. Hmmmmm......

Overall.....optimistic......But also, they felt the A's made good moves in off-season.

Think basically, overall, a better than .500 team.....

Few questions on Bannister....will he mesh with the staff?......Too much "coach-speak" so far......

My take on the first segment anyway.....I'm betting - and I'll put a $100 on this - Bennie is gonna step in!.....hahaha

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm's Show (with Ty Walker and Shawn Bass) highlights:

Biggest hope for 2015......health.....stunning isn't it?

Biggest concern.......offense....Prince especially. Followed by Choo.....Wants to see Martin and EA take the next step.

Little scrutiny of JD. Hmmmmm......

Overall.....optimistic......But also, they felt the A's made good moves in off-season.

Think basically, overall, a better than .500 team.....

Few questions on Bannister....will he mesh with the staff?......Too much "coach-speak" so far......

My take on the first segment anyway.....I'm betting - and I'll put a $100 on this - Bennie is gonna step in!.....hahaha

Agree with all of that except the part about the A's. They had a bad offseason. You don't replace Jon Lester, Jeff Samardzija, Jason Hammel, Josh Donaldson, Brandon Moss, Derek Norris, and Jed Lowrie with Brett Lawrie, Billy Butler, Ike Davis, Ben Zobrist, and Tyler Clippard and call the offseason a win. Even if you say the offense acquired replaces the offense lost, the pitching took a hit big time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest PLUS surprise for 2015?......# 5 starter.......High on Spencer Patton/Fuji

Still have ?? on Rua/Somo for 2015......also Choice...Big time on Michael.......Needs more AB at lower level......Positive on Odor - very positive.....but raw.

Think they feel the veteran's brought in (OF) maybe have better chance for being with the big club to begin the season.......

BP.....Feliz...???......Missteps in how we handled BP to SP and vice-versa.

Gimenez/MM seem to be almost jokes to them.....

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest PLUS surprise for 2015?......# 5 starter.......High on Spencer Patton/Fuji

Still have ?? on Rua/Somo for 2015......also Choice...Big time on Michael.......Needs more AB at lower level......Positive on Odor - very positive.....but raw.

Think they feel the veteran's brought in (OF) maybe have better chance for being with the big club to begin the season.......

once they brought in Corporan, Gimenez basically became a excess unneeded catcher. the only reason i think they are keeping MM is as a safety valve in case Prince can't go other than that he is a waste

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The jokes about MM and Giminez revolved around the need to have them pitch last year and not their ability to contribute in a more conventional way in the future.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Overall it is just 3 guys opinions and those opinions don't have any more weight to me than anyone on this board or other boards that I visit. I certainly don't consider them any kind of experts. I always enjoy hearing Ranger talk, but there wasn't anything newsworthy mentioned.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we could get Joe Beimel at low cost as he is still available. I know he is 37 but had a 1.18 WHIP and held LHers to a .188 average with an overall ERA of 2.21. Might be worth a 1 year deal as situational lefty. Not sure if is willing to take a 1 year deal.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we could get Joe Beimel at low cost as he is still available. I know he is 37 but had a 1.18 WHIP and held LHers to a .188 average with an overall ERA of 2.21. Might be worth a 1 year deal as situational lefty. Not sure if is willing to take a 1 year deal.

I think we still need a LH that can get lefties out, would be worth a phone call or 2 to see what it would take

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
questions about his elbow holding up.

Okay ... I read that too ... but " only 28 walks in 109 innings during his final season at Liberty." sounds pretty sound if there were an elbow issue ...

At River City ... 1 CG, 27SO, 18BB in 37.1IP in 27 games.

Trey Lambert Minor League Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

Interesting he's got low 90s FB, cutter, curve and change up. That's a bunch of pitches for a guy you don't draft. Draft would have been cheap ... but nice that TEX has him now. We need to mark this guy. This is the kind of guy who in 5 or 6 years turns out to be competing for the CY.