• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna be surprised if it was just me that took it that way.

Based on his past posts, I would've taken it the same way, especially the way the post was phrased,

But if Scotty truly agrees, then good deal, perhaps the Gallardo trade gave him just enough hope to step off the ledge for a little while

I truly think we will have a competitive rotation this year, even with a couple injuries factored in here and there

I think the bullpen will be solid

I think Fielder and Choo will rebound closer to their career standards

and the rest of the lineup will be solid but not spectacular,

Andrus will rebound now that he's not going to be asked to bunt every 3rd AB, the career high in doubles last year was encouraging, now if only he would boost his walk totals back up just a tad, meaning that he's becoming more selective at the plate and swinging at good pitches... I see a career high SLG% for Andrus this year

Will this be enough, maybe not, but I think we will see a competitive season worth watching

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame::tsk::L

So if I respond to your post I'm a stalker, huh? Grow up, son.

Not much to do with your post - although I did laugh about it - but I love that Raylan pic you've got there. What a truly great show. Fantastic cast.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to do with your post - although I did laugh about it - but I love that Raylan pic you've got there. What a truly great show. Fantastic cast.

I can't believe its already the final season. :pout:

Best show on TV IMO.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on his past posts, I would've taken it the same way, especially the way the post was phrased,

But if Scotty truly agrees, then good deal, perhaps the Gallardo trade gave him just enough hope to step off the ledge for a little while

I truly think we will have a competitive rotation this year, even with a couple injuries factored in here and there

I think the bullpen will be solid

I think Fielder and Choo will rebound closer to their career standards

and the rest of the lineup will be solid but not spectacular,

Andrus will rebound now that he's not going to be asked to bunt every 3rd AB, the career high in doubles last year was encouraging, now if only he would boost his walk totals back up just a tad, meaning that he's becoming more selective at the plate and swinging at good pitches... I see a career high SLG% for Andrus this year

Will this be enough, maybe not, but I think we will see a competitive season worth watching

Based on his butthurt "stalker alert" post, I have a strong feeling he's crawdading, but that's just me.

I too am cautiously optimistic about this season and I'm not sure the front office have gotten enough credit for the moves they've made this winter.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a mute point but if I had a choice between Lee and Hamels it would not be Lee. But I agree with those about the fact that we need to see how things play out first.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on his butthurt "stalker alert" post, I have a strong feeling he's crawdading, but that's just me.

I too am cautiously optimistic about this season and I'm not sure the front office have gotten enough credit for the moves they've made this winter.

I'm almost in the camp of "giving them credit for the moves they didn't make" actually.

Unlike some here, I'm delighted we just didn't go all bat-shit and make some silly moves based on being a team making the "big splash" in the off season, only to regret it later.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jta, my problem was my wording. all i meant was that until we know what the injured players bring to the plate the safest thing to do is nothing. i can see how it could be misunderstood but others including you gave me the benefit of the doubt on it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest from Law on our farm system.

11. Texas Rangers

A lost year at the major league level led to a productive trade with Detroit that netted the Rangers a top-100 prospect in Jake Thompson, and they had one of the steals of the 2014 draft when they got right-hander Luis Ortiz with a supplemental pick. There has been some attrition from the large group of high-upside position players they brought into the system in 2011-12, but not as much as you might expect, with that set likely to produce two or three stars in a couple seasons.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some forget on how and why Cliff Lee ever got on our radar to begin with.

These are my words, but I suspect it went something like this.........management went to ownership and said to effect, "this guy can be the tipping point of us going to our first WS." And the rest is history.

A Lee/Hamels trade is something which is made when you're 95% sure - better maybe - that this guy takes you over the top.

Right now, we have absolutely no clue if we'd win the the AL with both Lee and Hamels, based on the number of positional question marks we have.

Sorry Ham.....but I'm not buying you being sarcastic on bringing up Lee to the Rangers again. And again.

It is sarcasm good sir. We don't need lee now but if we go after him, I would still welcome him back with open arms

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually those who are dying to make trades either talk themselves into thinking it won't cost much or they talk themselves into thinking prospects aren't worth much anyway. If Lee goes back to being the pitcher he was before last year then it will cost a ton in terms of prospects even if Philly doesn't pick up much of his contract. If Lee doesn't return to form he isn't worth trading for.

I'm not really dying to make trades. I'm ok with the roster right now

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is sarcasm good sir. We don't need lee now but if we go after him, I would still welcome him back with open arms
I see why Don thinks so but I'll take your word to be true.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see why Don thinks so but I'll take your word to be true.

That's cause why would I think otherwise? If rangers are after him I support it. If not wait to see what happens. I do think rangers are good enough where they only need one more difference maker at the deadline. Depends on health and luck.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Knocked me off balance too when Scotty agreed. Would be near to almost a decade break in form.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am too. But I see a 2nd place finish at best in the west but I could be wrong

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio still going, amazing this guy is still be playing baseball at any level at 56 years old.

It has now been eight years since Julio Franco last played in MLB, but his playing days are still not over. The 56-year-old Franco went 6-for-27 (.222) in seven games with the independent Fort Worth Cats last season, and now he's heading to Japan to continue playing.

According to a report, Franco has signed with the Ishikawa Million Stars, a semi-pro team in Japan.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio still going, amazing this guy is still be playing baseball at any level at 56 years old.

It has now been eight years since Julio Franco last played in MLB, but his playing days are still not over. The 56-year-old Franco went 6-for-27 (.222) in seven games with the independent Fort Worth Cats last season, and now he's heading to Japan to continue playing.

According to a report, Franco has signed with the Ishikawa Million Stars, a semi-pro team in Japan.

Are the rangers interested?