• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the kind thought. Care giving has been a little heavy. We live quite a way from family so it's been up to me but things are getting better. Been blessed with a wonderful wife so that makes any effort on my part easy.
:nod:

Glad to hear, sounds like you are blessed to have her. Hope to hear she continues to recover well, with all your help. Hang in there, and here's to hoping it continues to get better:suds:

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it takes till the second season after TJ to get back physically and mentally to %100.[/QUOTE

Do you mean a full 24 months after surgery then? How much of that time do you think needs to be spent pitching in order to get the mental part right? In Perez's case does he need to be starting for 2 months this season so he is ready to go at 100% in 2016?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it takes till the second season after TJ to get back physically and mentally to %100.[/QUOTE

Do you mean a full 24 months after surgery then? How much of that time do you think needs to be spent pitching in order to get the mental part right? In Perez's case does he need to be starting for 2 months this season so he is ready to go at 100% in 2016?

I've always heard its about the 2nd full season...so if Perez were to come back in July then it could very well be that Perez isn't what he was before injury until the 2017 season. Of course that's probably just a person to person variation but I I heard in the 2nd full season is when most pitchers should be completely 100%.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chi Chi and Thompson I could see starting out in AA to get a little more seasoning as both only spent half a season there last year,

Asher and Eickhoff already spent a full season there so I could see them making the leap

Going to 6 man rotations might be an option though and would allow them to limit their innings over the course of the season

ST might sort a bit of this out for the Rangers

Early in the season getting routine starts whether in AAA or AA is most important. Better to get on fire in AA and then push your way into the AAA mix than to start in AAA and bog down.

Early in the season ... and I haven't pulled the schedule out yet ... often teams can go with four starters through most of April and sort out what they want to do with their fifth.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There probably should have been a fourth in Cliff Lee.

Last year is the first his war value didn't match his contract value, and over the course of his contract he has provided 3 million dollars in surplus value overall

Kind of the opposite of overpaid, will he end up being overpaid? Maybe, but as of now he hasn't been

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year is the first his war value didn't match his contract value, and over the course of his contract he has provided 3 million dollars in surplus value overall

Kind of the opposite of overpaid, will he end up being overpaid? Maybe, but as of now he hasn't been

That was then and this is now though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but when you're talking about whether someone is worth their contract you should consider they value they provided throughout the life of that contract.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but when you're talking about whether someone is worth their contract you should consider they value they provided throughout the life of that contract.

The article that we were referencing was talking about players being overpaid in 2015 and not over the life of their contract. Hence, my statement "that was then and this is now." Being overpaid for the life of a contract would be a very good topic, but it is a different topic that I was replying about.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have no way of knowing, I think the rest of the guys on that list have already shown themselves to be overpaid

Lee doesn't fall into that category, he's actually outperformed his contract thus far, even with last year

What you THINK he he will do this year doesn't make him already overpaid

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article that we were referencing was talking about players being overpaid in 2015 and not over the life of their contract. Hence, my statement "that was then and this is now." Being overpaid for the life of a contract would be a very good topic, but it is a different topic that I was replying about.

Title was "The 5 Most Overpaid MLB Players Heading into 2015"