• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you didn't read what I wrote. I said the Rangers set a limit and if it goes beyond that limit then they drop out. I haven't seen a pitcher come available in FA that the Rangers were willing to go beyond that limit but the day will come

HaHa. I read what you wrote. I am saying that is the one thing that gets in the way most of the time. Then there are guys like Greinke and Lee who simply would rather pitch somewhere else. Of course when Greinke and Lee were available they had more money to spend on them than they do currently. It has always been either money or the pitchers wanting to go somewhere else. It has been that way since free agency came into play in the 70s.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa. I read what you wrote. I am saying that is the one thing that gets in the way most of the time. Then there are guys like Greinke and Lee who simply would rather pitch somewhere else. Of course when Greinke and Lee were available they had more money to spend on them than they do currently. It has always been either money or the pitchers wanting to go somewhere else. It has been that way since free agency came into play in the 70s.

and so that means to you that Texas will never ever sign a FA stud pitcher?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince has a video of him benching 405 lbs on instagram. Damn he is a strong dude.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cole Hamels a lot but not sure it'd be the right deal for this team at this time.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would want Alfaro, Mazara and another very high prospect and that doesn't include Jackson or Sardinas.

Jackson is our #3 prospect and Mazara is our #6 prospect according to The Rangers site and Sardinas would step in at SS replacing Rollins. they may ask about Alfaro but with 4 catching prospects behind Ruiz including Joseph and Rupp they have other needs. Mazara could crack their starting OF this season and Jackson could make their starting rotation in 2016. anymore than that and they would have to sweeten the deal with players or cash (preferably the cash)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cole Hamels a lot but not sure it'd be the right deal for this team at this time.

my problem is why would it not be the right deal. with Yu, Derek, Hamels & Martin Perez, we could slot ChiChi or Jake into the #5 and then if Yu decides to opt out(when he can) then we have Hamels, Derek, Martin, Jake and ChiChi

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is our #3 prospect and Mazara is our #6 prospect according to The Rangers site and Sardinas would step in at SS replacing Rollins. they may ask about Alfaro but with 4 catching prospects behind Ruiz including Joseph and Rupp they have other needs. Mazara could crack their starting OF this season and Jackson could make their starting rotation in 2016. anymore than that and they would have to sweeten the deal with players or cash (preferably the cash)

I dont see LuJax being our #3 prospect. Chi Chi and Thompson have leap-frogged him.

Gallo
Chi Chi
Alfaro
Thompson
Mazara
Jackson
Williams
Kela
Ortiz
Rua

That's how I would currently rank our Top 10.

my problem is why would it not be the right deal. with Yu, Derek, Hamels & Martin Perez, we could slot ChiChi or Jake into the #5 and then if Yu decides to opt out(when he can) then we have Hamels, Derek, Martin, Jake and ChiChi

I like the idea of Hamels -- but I would like to see everyone healthy before I trade for him. Too many questions right now to be shipping off top prospects.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince has a video of him benching 405 lbs on instagram. Damn he is a strong dude.

Is it a post neck surgery video, or prior to?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys at MLB Trade Rumors just will never get it where it concerns the Rangers. They include them in almost every costly acquisition. I guess one day they are going to get lucky and actually be right. lol

I don't know how we can be "IN" on every player they write about

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see LuJax being our #3 prospect. Chi Chi and Thompson have leap-frogged him.

I like the idea of Hamels -- but I would like to see everyone healthy before I trade for him. Too many questions right now to be shipping off top prospects.

My biggest question would be, is Hamels even healthy? He has had some issues of late, and the Rangers have enough players with question marks because of injury

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was from today. So that would be very post.

Man thats a lot of weight for a dude with disc issues in their neck or hell just anybody. Jiminy Christmas, I am all about hitting the weights but damn! Hope he gets back to swinging a bat like he could. If he could get back to putting up some of those Brewers seasons, that would go a long way in helping the Rangers

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gallo
Chi Chi
Alfaro
Thompson
Mazara
Jackson
Williams
Kela
Ortiz
Rua

I am just basing it off of what the Rangers site shows but even at #6 Jackson would still be plus for them. And as for far as waiting for people to get healthy I don't believe Harrison will ever be healthy enough to pitch at the mlb level again and Martin is probably not going to be available until July or August. If the positional players are healthy and ready to go then if anything hurts this coming season it will be our starting rotation. Adding someone like Hamels is nothing but a big positive for this time.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This year you cannot count on Perez.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I haven't followed the offseason thread this year. This offseason seems to be boring. The only big offseason moves are Bannister being hired and Fielder / Darvish getting healthy right?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gallo
Chi Chi
Alfaro
Thompson
Mazara
Jackson
Williams
Kela
Ortiz
Rua

That is a pretty good job of ranking Xx. That top 5 is tough to pick because someone like Thompson could leapfrog up the list.

If we are ever going to give up prospects or large salary or both then it would have to be for someone like Hamels. Love to slot this guy into our rotation.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pretty good job of ranking Xx. That top 5 is tough to pick because someone like Thompson could leapfrog up the list.

If we are ever going to give up prospects or large salary or both then it would have to be for someone like Hamels. Love to slot this guy into our rotation.

Totally agree

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just described Chirinos... Yu needing a personal catcher is ridiculous, it's not like he's a knuckleballer

Wellington Castillo was pretty good defensively according to defensive metrics, and the bat isn't terrible for a catcher

Between the 2 I could see decent offense and defense on any given night

I don't think Yu has been a prima donna on wanting to pitch to certain catchers. But his results have been much better with certain one's that's for sure.

I'm not for cowtailing to Yu or any other pitcher either. But I do want to have a good defensive minded catcher available.

To me, Chirinos is still learning - to an extent anyway - the finer nuances of the position and look for him to get better for the next two years.