• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not often impressed with any of our prospects.

Sure I am but not Tepesch. I think that Chi Chi & Thompson are going to be dynamite and the same with Rua and Alfaro I'm just ready to rush them out on the field as others are. And there are some others I think have good written all over them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scotty: "Rangers needs a #3 pitcher"
Board: "How would you have gotten that done this offseason, based on the contracts being offered and the prospects being thrown around?"
Scotty: "that's not my job, it just needs to get done, otherwise JD is going through the motions"
Board: "That's not very helpful"

So when I make a suggestion I get slammed and when I don't I still get slammed. Personally I would go after Shields but I know no one else agrees so why suggest it

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if I necessarily agree with that, Telis might actually be slightly better, but Giminez might simply get the nod bc Darvish likes,

It matters a hill of beans as long as they are close in talent

Just think it would be good to have Telis stay at AAA one more year. But you are right in that it really is of little consequence.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when I make a suggestion I get slammed and when I don't I still get slammed. Personally I would go after Shields but I know no one else agrees so why suggest it

You are allowed to suggest whatever you want. If we all agreed completely it could get rather boring at times on this board. Now I would rather stick with what we have now that we added Detweiler unless we can trade for a decent MORP. But Shields concerned me after his lackluster postseason so I am not sure I want to invest a bunch of money and years. But I do understand you wanting to bolster the most important area on the team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always there with you

Always backed Perez too, when everyone else wanted to trade him for whatever BS trade rumor was floating around at the time, simply bc he was struggling being (usually by far), the youngest player in just about every level he played at

I have to admit I had my doubts at times with Perez as he seemed to struggle at times in the minors. But he pitched great at the Big League level. Having the same concerns about Luke Jackson so I hope I am wrong again.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always there with you

Always backed Perez too, when everyone else wanted to trade him for whatever BS trade rumor was floating around at the time, simply bc he was struggling being (usually by far), the youngest player in just about every level he played at

I was always telling people to chill the eff out on wanting to trade Perez.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit I had my doubts at times with Perez as he seemed to struggle at times in the minors. But he pitched great at the Big League level. Having the same concerns about Luke Jackson so I hope I am wrong again.

People never seemed to be able to get it through their heads how young he was. Hell, he joined the system at 16.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? do you even read, I just stated above that I WOULD go after Shields, given that it was a reasonable contract

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are allowed to suggest whatever you want. If we all agreed completely it could get rather boring at times on this board. Now I would rather stick with what we have now that we added Detweiler unless we can trade for a decent MORP. But Shields concerned me after his lackluster postseason so I am not sure I want to invest a bunch of money and years. But I do understand you wanting to bolster the most important area on the team.

Latos was about the only reasonable package I've seen money and prospects wise, and he's coming off an injury plagued season, not really the type of player we need to be investing in after last year

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When have you even made a suggestion??

"We need a #3 SP, LF and backup C" is not a suggestion, how do you propose we should have acquired those things so far, based on whats been thrown around lately??

How to solve the problem is a suggestion, knowing what the problem already is, is not

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We need a #3 SP, LF and backup C" is not a suggestion, how do you propose we should have acquired those things so far, based on whats been thrown around lately??

How to solve the problem is a suggestion, knowing what the problem already is, is not

\/\/\/

Because no announcements have been made does not mean JD is standing still with hands in pockets. I gave you a good example w/ EA. May be people wanting him but Profar has been holding up things. Who do you want to give up for whom and lets discuss that.

i'm not qualified to make those kind of suggestions that's JD's job. i hope that JD makes the quality moves this team needs. but we need at least one quality SP and to resign Colby Lewis. and to be honest we need a bat

What a cop out.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You took the words right out of my mouth. Bell was my favorite Ranger at the time but I would have to give the nod to Beltre.

I was a huge BB fan, and felt he was vastly underrated. Like I said earlier, I loved watching him play.

But AB, because his bat is so stout, gets the nod as far as our best 3rd sacker IMO.

Buddy, to this day, is one of my all time favorite Rangers, regardless of position.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? do you even read, I just stated above that I WOULD go after Shields, given that it was a reasonable contract

no i missed your comment so it is nice to see i'm not alone on the subject

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like i said me i would go after Shields as the #3 with one of the SD starters (Cashner or Ross) as possible trade targets.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said me i would go after Shields as the #3 with one of the SD starters (Cashner or Ross) as possible trade targets.

The SD pitchers aren't options now obviously

And Shields makes sense only if its a team friendly deal, nothing over 4 years, which he's likely to reject

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what happens when Preller or Shields asking price is way too high?