• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they dang sure didn't keep us from going to the WS two in a row.

Ya know - and I'm only speaking for me - but when we went to the WS for the 1st time and beat the stew outta the hated Yanks for the AL championship.....I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted from our franchise. As absurd as this may sound, we'd already won OUR WS by beating the hell outta the HATED Yanks.

Ridiculous I know.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know - and I'm only speaking for me - but when we went to the WS for the 1st time and beat the stew outta the hated Yanks for the AL championship.....I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted from our franchise. As absurd as this may sound, we'd already won OUR WS by beating the hell outta the HATED Yanks.

Ridiculous I know.
I know where you're coming from. In their case , you make a valid point.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Cameron's idea:
1. OF Matt Kemp for LHP CC Sabathia

Kemp's remaining contract: 6 years, $128 million
Sabathia's remaining contract: 4 years, $96 million
The Los Angeles Dodgers have a crowded outfield, and likely have to trade one of Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier or Carl Crawford due to the emergence of Yasiel Puig (and top prospect Joc Pederson isn't far behind). They reportedly are in the market for another starting pitcher, but don't want to part with a draft pick to sign one of the better starters on the market. By swapping Kemp for Sabathia, they could kill two birds with one stone

Can you imagine a healthy Kemp in Yankee Stadium?

I don't want to imagine a healthy Kemp in Yankees Stadium

more bad news for Cano. This is why you don't come out saying "300 million"...it was unwise, teams are going to start to revolt against those types of demands

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we weren't willing to go that high for McCann does anyone think we will still pay for Choo? I expect he will command about the same, if not more.

How about Cruz and Morales (DH)? Morales was one of my favorites from the beginning, but I never heard of us being interested at all.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again we fail to at being the GM'S we think we are. Doesn't app[y to diplomats.

Not me buddy....I'm smoking.

Now you need to get outta here and go get your BEARS a BIG V.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ridiculous I know.

no no, not ridiculous, the Rangers were on the map after that Championship (that's why you felt that way)
it was beautiful.

The trick is to stay there, and I like our odds

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we weren't willing to go that high for McCann does anyone think we will still pay for Choo? I expect he will command about the same, if not more.

How about Cruz and Morales (DH)? Morales was one of my favorites from the beginning, but I never heard of us being interested at all.

I'd pay the same for Choo myself and be pretty proud of it.

Get Navarro as a back up to Soto. Or, I wouldn't rule out Salty returning.

And let's not forget, the mad scientist - one Jon Daniels - may have a ace up his sleeve yet on the trade front.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES they have.

Kiss your next Heisman goodbye Johnny Boy. He really failed today. And I'm not one to blame the QB when all else goes wrong. But he failed on the big stage for really the first time today.

He made some bone head plays, but that was almost all on the o-line, pathetic performance

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes, I think he'll go that high for Choo

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made some bone head plays, but that was almost all on the o-line, pathetic performance

That, and his go to strategy of chucking the ball up and praying for Evans to go get it finally caught up to him.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, and his go to strategy of chucking the ball up and praying for Evans to go get it finally caught up to him.

Problem was he wasn't even chunking it close enough to Evans due him to even make a play

Sidenote: those refs were pretty terrible

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem was he wasn't even chunking it close enough to Evans due him to even make a play

Sidenote: those refs were pretty terrible

The refs were bad. Manziel was the most inaccurate I've ever seen him, and we had absolutely no running game. Just an all-around terrible game.

When we let them off the hook 3rd and long inside their own 10 in the first half, I had a feeling it was over.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were bad. Manziel was the most inaccurate I've ever seen him, and we had absolutely no running game. Just an all-around terrible game.

When we let them off the hook 3rd and long inside their own 10 in the first half, I had a feeling it was over.

When we couldn't get more than a field goal after that shanked point at our own 26, I was done

* on my phone the rest of the night, so excuse the spelling and typos

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You D1 guys. My Alma Mater won 35-7 today in the first round of the D3 playoffs today. This whole BCS thing never ceases to crack me up. Did watch the game though. And per usual someone ran for an obscene total of yards vs the Ags. Only difference was that LSU kept points off the board. Has LSU figured the kid out? 0-2 against them now.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought you were a Tech fan/grad for some reason.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You D1 guys. My Alma Mater won 35-7 today in the first round of the D3 playoffs today. This whole BCS thing never ceases to crack me up. Did watch the game though. And per usual someone ran for an obscene total of yards vs the Ags. Only difference was that LSU kept points off the board. Has LSU figured the kid out? 0-2 against them now.

I'm sure Manziel was hurt. The rain and field conditions gave me an uneasy feeling from the beginning. I knew they would just run it all day. The good news for the Ags is that they have 10 true freshman on D that play

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lsu kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.