• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just over 19 million a year. With Detroit eating all of Ian's contract they only raise payroll 4 million this year.

Whew, I was a little freaked out there
okay

Fielder was boo'ed by Detroit fans during the playoffs, so there ya go Detroit fans.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler had a no trade so he had to waive it to have this trade go through. So yeah Kinsler didn't have a problem waiving it and that's ok. Detroit is a great team and a really good baseball town as well.

I don't think he had a full no trade did he? That doesn't sound like something jd would do. In either place out sounds like Ian may have been agreeable to this trade because he wanted to play second base for the duration of his career.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, I was a little freaked out there
okay

Fielder was boo'ed by Detroit fans during the playoffs, so there ya go Detroit fans.

That's pretty lame.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hello Profar.

I hope McCann is not out.

How freaking weird is it going to be playing against Ian?
Why couldn't he go to the NL, dammit! At least it's not in the Division, that would suck.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he had a full no trade did he? That doesn't sound like something jd would do. In either place out sounds like Ian may have been agreeable to this trade because he wanted to play second base for the duration of his career.

You're right actually. Not a full no trade clause but I think he had a list of teams that he would waive it for and not waive it for and I guess Detroit was one of them.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lainey and Refugee read this - gets you really pumped up about the possibilities....

I think it was a good trade, but I can't celebrate right now.

I'll be pumped eventually, right now I'm saying goodbye to another favorite Ranger...I'll get over it

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign McCann and look at that infield. Wow! That will be something.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll know eventually I assume, it was not a full no-trade (ten teams I think) and maybe Detroit was not on the list.
Not a bad move for Kinsler, they're contenders

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a good trade, but I can't celebrate right now.

I'll be pumped eventually, right now I'm saying goodbye to another favorite Ranger...I'll get over it

I understand. I'm a little torn inside, but I know this was the right move.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lainey and Refugee read this - gets you really pumped up about the possibilities....

I think Cano if very far fetched. Yanks can't afford to lose him and they won't have to go 10 years for him. I would get a full throttle sports boner if somehow Cano landed here and somehow we get McCann but at this point it'd fantasy baseball.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I've always been a proponent of shopping and trading Kinsler if the deal was right. In this case no doubt the deal was there for the taking and right but when it actually happens you really think about what he did for this organization and the good times that were. I'll miss him and hope he'll stick around the metroplex even after his playing career. Class act and I'll never forget his excessive boy like celebrations in 08-09 during some of the walkoffs.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want McCann.

Speaking of McCann I gotta think that his interest level coming to Texas spiked up pretty good. Obviously he's a fan favorite in Atlanta and will prefer to stay there if all is equal but Texas may be his next best choice which could favor us if we give him a great offer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cano if very far fetched. Yanks can't afford to lose him and they won't have to go 10 years for him. I would get a full throttle sports boner if somehow Cano landed here and somehow we get McCann but at this point it'd fantasy baseball.

McCann and Cruz might be feasible though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I've always been a proponent of shopping and trading Kinsler if the deal was right. In this case no doubt the deal was there for the taking and right but when it actually happens you really think about what he did for this organization and the good times that were. I'll miss him and hope he'll stick around the metroplex even after his playing career. Class act and I'll never forget his excessive boy like celebrations in 08-09 during some of the walkoffs.
I'm certainly with you on that. The dark side is it's business and it waits on no one. Good luck to a nice guy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of McCann I gotta think that his interest level coming to Texas spiked up pretty good. Obviously he's a fan favorite in Atlanta and will prefer to stay there if all is equal but Texas may be his next best choice which could favor us if we give him a great offer.

You've gotta think so. If you're McCann you just saw the rangers are serious right now. If I'm McCann, with Texas' pitching staff, I want to be a part of that.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sad, not going to lie...I want what's best for the team ultimately and this certainly appears to be.

I knew Kins was gone, or at least 99% sure.
Rev will vouch for that

Status
Not open for further replies.