• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 NBA Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Celtic's defense wasn't dominate in 2008? I'm guessing you missed that season.

You just hate Doc. He could have won multiple titles & you'd still say he sucks. But one thing for sure...he's the best NBA head coach currently in Los Angeles.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He Coaches the Clippers and the Celtics before that.

Don't expect Laker fans to ever give him a shred of Credit.

Some do, others never will..

The game is the game.

All I know is that he has turned DeAndre Jordan into a credible NBA Center.

The guy was a slug before Doc and in one Season lead the NBA in boards, scored 11ppg and blocked 2.5 shots after really buying into what Doc was preaching.

Doc deserves his salary for that small accomplishment alone imo....

I agree w/ you Mecca.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just hate Doc. He could have won multiple titles & you'd still say he sucks. But one thing for sure...he's the best NBA head coach currently in Los Angeles.

And for some reason you want to ignore a huge reason why he won that title.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for some reason you want to ignore a huge reason why he won that title.

I'm not ignoring anything. I think it's funny how much you hate Doc. Maybe you are just jealous because the Clippers have a better HC than the awful Lakers?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little credit sure. But come on now. Their defense was sick that season, and that was Thib's schemes. He says Ubuntu and hides money in the visitor's locker room and that makes him some elite coach?

I give Thibs a ton of credit too.

But, Doc is not a slug with the X's and O's.

Plus, his real value comes from his leadership.

I don't know if he plays the buddy role, or the father figure with players.

But, they love him and want to play for him.

That's is/was his biggest value to the Clippers, especially in the Sterling era!!!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Doc. Don't know the dude personally. I think there's some justification to have the opinion that Doc is overrated though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Doc. Don't know the dude personally. I think there's some justification to have the opinion that Doc is overrated though.

Hey fair enough, even if I don't agree w/ you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Thibs a ton of credit too.

But, Doc is not a slug with the X's and O's.

Plus, his real value comes from his leadership.

I don't know if he plays the buddy role, or the father figure with players.

But, they love him and want to play for him.

That's is/was his biggest value to the Clippers, especially in the Sterling era!!!!

Is that jackass racist Sterling still messing around w/ that cross dresser V Stiviano (spelling?)?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring anything. I think it's funny how much you hate Doc. Maybe you are just jealous because the Clippers have a better HC than the awful Lakers?

Don't forget there was that rumor, that the Lakers deny, this Summer:whistle:

Yesterday, interim Clippers CEO Dick Parsons testified that head coach Doc Rivers would leave the team if Sterling was still the owner. With that possibility, Grantland’s Bill Simmons appeared on The Herd and believes that the possibility of Rivers could be the reason the Lakers haven’t hired a coach yet:

Another conspiracy theory that I don’t think is a conspiracy theory, this is clearly why the Lakers are waiting on not hiring a coach. They must feel like they have a chance with Doc Rivers if this keeps dragging on.

This is an intriguing theory as no one understands why the Lakers have not hired a coach, especially after having interviewed Byron Scott three times already.

– Lakers Nation Store Is Back! Check Out The Latest Gear! –

Rivers is one of the best coaches in the NBA, and has shown that he can turn around a franchise and change the culture. Lakers fans may not care for him too much after his stint with the Boston Celtics, but Rivers’ coaching acumen and ability to motivate is one of the best in the NBA.

Make no mistake, Byron Scott is still the favorite to land the job, but just like a superstar player, a big-time coach can make a huge difference. At the least, this would explain the Lakers delaying a coach hiring for this long.

Lakers Rumors: Team Believes It Has A Chance To Hire Doc Rivers? | Lakers Nation

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL YEAH!!!!

Boston is @ .500 & only giving up 104.5 ppg...

CELTICS IN SEVEN!!!!! (hey...where the hell is Mick!?!?)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that jackass racist Sterling still messing around w/ that cross dresser V Stiviano (spelling?)?

Yeppers!

Guess it's true what they say about Black guys cause Donald can't get enough!!!:lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget there was that rumor, that the Lakers deny, this Summer:whistle:

Yesterday, interim Clippers CEO Dick Parsons testified that head coach Doc Rivers would leave the team if Sterling was still the owner. With that possibility, Grantland’s Bill Simmons appeared on The Herd and believes that the possibility of Rivers could be the reason the Lakers haven’t hired a coach yet:

Another conspiracy theory that I don’t think is a conspiracy theory, this is clearly why the Lakers are waiting on not hiring a coach. They must feel like they have a chance with Doc Rivers if this keeps dragging on.

This is an intriguing theory as no one understands why the Lakers have not hired a coach, especially after having interviewed Byron Scott three times already.

– Lakers Nation Store Is Back! Check Out The Latest Gear! –

Rivers is one of the best coaches in the NBA, and has shown that he can turn around a franchise and change the culture. Lakers fans may not care for him too much after his stint with the Boston Celtics, but Rivers’ coaching acumen and ability to motivate is one of the best in the NBA.

Make no mistake, Byron Scott is still the favorite to land the job, but just like a superstar player, a big-time coach can make a huge difference. At the least, this would explain the Lakers delaying a coach hiring for this long.

Lakers Rumors: Team Believes It Has A Chance To Hire Doc Rivers? | Lakers Nation

Doc is a shitty HC:pound:but the vast majority of Lakers fans would probably rather have him than Byron Scott.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeppers!

Guess it's true what they say about Black guys cause Donald can't get enough!!!:lol:

:laugh3: All the loot that fella has & he picked that Thing to mess around with? He ain't right on a number of levels.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This Paragraph says it all and I got it off the Lakers Nation website :noidea:

But, you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, even if I disagree.

:suds:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: All the loot that fella has & he picked that Thing to mess around with? He ain't right on a number of levels.

Despicable human being aside, I think Sterling has dementia and his family needs to save him from himself.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc is a shitty HC:pound:but the vast majority of Lakers fans would probably rather have him than Byron Scott.

As a long time Lakers fan, I of course am a fan of Baby B. But yes, Doc is the better coach.

I didn't buy the Doc rumors. I felt Byron was basically hired long before they made it official.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long time Lakers fan, I of course am a fan of Baby B. But yes, Doc is the better coach.

I didn't buy the Doc rumors. I felt Byron was basically hired long before they made it official.

:agree:

Come on...

He was working in the TWC studio.

That's basically like stashing him overseas or him playing for the Lakers D league affiliate.

Unless it was a huge name, it was always Byron's job.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope Scott is the right guy for your Lakers. I'm sure you'd rather forget about their previous two HC's though.