• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 free agents

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the top 5 wrs top 5 dl and top 5 mlb free agents for 2014 I can not fine anything. I think we will have a big signing in free agenice either at wr dl or mlb

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wr - decker, britt, james jones, nicks, maclin, alexander, manningham
de - hardy, michael johnson, m bennett, l houston, ninkovich, jared allen, robison, tuck, spencer
dt - atkins, melton, soliai, k williams, bj raji
lb - lee, spikes, vilma, phillips, pace, dansby, briggs, bishop.
looking at a few sites thats what i came up with. some names might be incorrect btw.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
de - hardy, michael johnson, m bennett, l houston, ninkovich, jared allen, robison, tuck, spencer
looking at a few sites thats what i came up with. some names might be incorrect btw.

some good names

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the idea of us getting Kenny Britt. He has size, speed, and good hands. The problem with him is his injuries and off-field issues. Hakeem Nicks is someone that I would like, too. He can ball. He is likely to hit the market because the Giants have too much money invested in Victor Cruz. I would love to have Michael Johnson. He would fit perfect in the 3-4 scheme. He has become the dominant player that I always thought he could be, when he was at Georgia Tech. Geno Atkins is a beast. He's going nowhere. Plus, I like what Barry Cofield is doing at NT. Sean Lee is tops on my list at ILB. However, the Cowboys is likely to re-sign him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lee has a good year this year how can the Cowboys sign him? He is going to command a huge contract b/c of his age and ability. Aren't the Cowboys in cap hell with the Romo signing? I think we have more cap room than the Cowboys next year. We could really stick it to Dallas next year if we sign Lee.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lee has a good year this year how can the Cowboys sign him? He is going to command a huge contract b/c of his age and ability. Aren't the Cowboys in cap hell with the Romo signing? I think we have more cap room than the Cowboys next year. We could really stick it to Dallas next year if we sign Lee.

If they really want him, they'll probably get him. If any teams fans should know how overrated "cap hell" is, it's Redskins fans. Romo is going to restructure that deal more than once, and he's not the only one that will do the same. It happens every year, all over the league.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the re-sign him is to dump other players, which they are going to have to do anyway. The question is will Lee want to be stuck playing for the cowboys for the next 4-5 years while they are rebuilding or would he rather see what playoff caliber teams would be interested in his services? I think there is a good chance that he will leave for this reason alone. We should be in a position to take a shot at him.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he leaves, I'm thinking he goes back to the PA, if they're interested. He's a PA boy with his head on straight. I don't think he'll bite on just any offer. It's part of what makes him a likable guy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas should not make the playoffs this year. So I can't see how he stays there. If we win the division this year he could be ours. That would be awesome.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry Jones said resigning Sean Lee was his number one priority. The last time Jerry lost a player he really wanted to keep was........................................................ There's a 0% chance Lee is playing anywhere but Dallas next year. They are not in great cap shape, but are far from ''Cap Hell''. That was this year. We may part ways with Spencer, but it wouldn't matter if you guys wanted to make Lee the highest paid LB in NFL history, worst case scenario, he's franchised. Lee isn't going anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas should not make the playoffs this year. So I can't see how he stays there. If we win the division this year he could be ours. That would be awesome.

Since when does winning a division or not realistically mean a guy will leave a team or sign with another one? I just don't see Lee randomly crushing on the Redskins over a division banner. He doesn't seem to be that illogical. I suspect he stays loyal, unless someone wants to pay him an astronomical amount, or he gets an opportunity to be part of a great program in PIT, or perhaps BAL. If he's as smart as he seems to be, and they're interested, he should keep IND on the table too.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think key here is where is the second rd pick going be 30s 40s or back end 50s we will resign orackpo and maybe davis if they both have pro bowl years we will have to pay another key is rg3 will need I asume romo type money in what another 2 year about 20 mill a year so with that said I think if we'get a good freeagent it will only be 1 to 2 year deals because if we go in rg3 contract year without at least 20 mill we are screwd to resign him asumeing he is a badass of curse

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont'start'another thread but how much will rg3 new contract be'worth?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking in a few years down the line, Jerry releases a mid 30's Romo, Ware, and Witten, then the following year signs RG3 to the largest contract in NFL history. RG3 coming home to play in Texas again. Talk about sticking it in the Redskins earhole
:fap:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most cases for free agents it comes down to money. The Redskins will have over 35 million in cap space next year while the Cowboys will have to restructure, cut and push cap into future years to have a chance at keeping Lee.

IF the Redskins want Lee, they can certainly make things very difficult for the Cowboys. And at the minimum, drive up the price for a Cowboy team that has serious salary cap issues.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking in a few years down the line, Jerry releases a mid 30's Romo, Ware, and Witten, then the following year signs RG3 to the largest contract in NFL history. RG3 coming home to play in Texas again. Talk about sticking it in the Redskins earhole
:fap:

It's cute that you think Rg3 will ever hit the open free agency market.

Wake up, Alice.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the money Ellerbe got from the Dolphins. He is not half as good as Lee. If Dallas franchises him how can they fit him in under the cap? Doesn't the Romo contract make Dallas into cap hell??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most cases for free agents it comes down to money. The Redskins will have over 35 million in cap space next year while the Cowboys will have to restructure, cut and push cap into future years to have a chance at keeping Lee.

IF the Redskins want Lee, they can certainly make things very difficult for the Cowboys. And at the minimum, drive up the price for a Cowboy team that has serious salary cap issues.

Not really. We have $10 million tied up in Spencer as the franchise this year, if he doesn't resign long term(which he will), Lee will play under the Franchise. I would think the Cowboys could make it a lot harder on the Redskins when RG3 comes up

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. We have $10 million tied up in Spencer as the franchise this year, if he doesn't resign long term(which he will), Lee will play under the Franchise. I would think the Cowboys could make it a lot harder on the Redskins when RG3 comes up

How exactly would Dallas make it difficult for the Redskins when RG3's contract come up? Dallas has no shot at Griffin. He'll never hit the open market. He'll never be able to negotiate as a free agent with other teams.

You're pipe dreaming.