• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 free agents

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking in a few years down the line, Jerry releases a mid 30's Romo, Ware, and Witten, then the following year signs RG3 to the largest contract in NFL history. RG3 coming home to play in Texas again. Talk about sticking it in the Redskins earhole
:fap:

You really are being delusional now. So let me get this straight. Romo is released in 2 years. The Cowboys are already in cap hell and now they eat tens of millions by releasing Romo. Then they spend an additional 110+M on a new QB? So if this happens, Jerry has a top notch QB and nothing else for him. No OL, no WRs, no RB, no defense. Oh yeah, RG3 will do that. No doubt. You actually have a better chance to get Cousins, who is probably better than what you have now.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't even matter what the Cowboys do with their roster to create cap space. Rg3 will have a new contract in place before he ever hits the open market. He will sign an extension before his rookie deal is up. And in the less than 1% chance that it doesn't happen, they will use the exclusive rights franchise tag if they have to. There's no chance any team other than the Redskins will be negotiating with RG3 when the time comes. What other QBs have received in the free agent market prior to RG3 getting his deal will determine what RG3 gets and I imagine that he will get a contract that will make him the highest paid QB in football, if not close to it.

UK Cowboy has some serious delusions if he thinks the Cowboys will 1- have any shot at RG3 in free agency or 2- that they will have any opportunity to drive up the price.

I've heard some really goofy opinions from Cowboy fans and this is right up there with the top 5 goofiest arguments I've heard. Maybe just below Julius Jones being better than Clinton Portis and the next Emmitt Smith.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly would Dallas make it difficult for the Redskins when RG3's contract come up? Dallas has no shot at Griffin. He'll never hit the open market. He'll never be able to negotiate as a free agent with other teams.

You're pipe dreaming.

Neither will Lee. It doesn't keep Redskins fans off Fantasy Island though

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't even matter what the Cowboys do with their roster to create cap space. Rg3 will have a new contract in place before he ever hits the open market. He will sign an extension before his rookie deal is up. And in the less than 1% chance that it doesn't happen, they will use the exclusive rights franchise tag if they have to. There's no chance any team other than the Redskins will be negotiating with RG3 when the time comes. What other QBs have received in the free agent market prior to RG3 getting his deal will determine what RG3 gets and I imagine that he will get a contract that will make him the highest paid QB in football, if not close to it.

UK Cowboy has some serious delusions if he thinks the Cowboys will 1- have any shot at RG3 in free agency or 2- that they will have any opportunity to drive up the price.

I've heard some really goofy opinions from Cowboy fans and this is right up there with the top 5 goofiest arguments I've heard. Maybe just below Julius Jones being better than Clinton Portis and the next Emmitt Smith.
Goofy? Putting Clinton Portis name next to Emmitt Smith's is pretty goofy. RG3 will be replacing Tony Romo is Dallas. Texas Boy coming home to play for his all time favorite team

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goofy? Putting Clinton Portis name next to Emmitt Smith's is pretty goofy. RG3 will be replacing Tony Romo is Dallas. Texas Boy coming home to play for his all time favorite team

You seem to be having mental issues. Cowboy fan said...

1- That Julius Jones was better than Portis
2- that Julius Jones was the next Emmitt Smith

Nobody said anything about Clinton Portis vs. Emmitt Smith.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most cases for free agents it comes down to money. The Redskins will have over 35 million in cap space next year while the Cowboys will have to restructure, cut and push cap into future years to have a chance at keeping Lee.

IF the Redskins want Lee, they can certainly make things very difficult for the Cowboys. And at the minimum, drive up the price for a Cowboy team that has serious salary cap issues.

signing Nicks and and Lee away from division rivals while filling needs for us would be beyond huge...:omg:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither will Lee. It doesn't keep Redskins fans off Fantasy Island though

Dude, theres a much higher probability of Lee hitting the market than RG3. One is a possibility, the other isn't even a remote possibility.

Keep dreaming though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
signing Nicks and and Lee away from division rivals while filling needs for us would be beyond huge...:omg:

Maybe then yall could sign Aaron Rodgers...and Calvin Johnson.....and JJ Watt....and Dez Bryant......and Joe Thomas.....and Clay Matthews.......and Adrian Peterson.....man that would be Sweet.....
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe then yall could sign Aaron Rodgers...and Calvin Johnson.....and JJ Watt....and Dez Bryant......and Joe Thomas.....and Clay Matthews.......and Adrian Peterson.....man that would be Sweet.....
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You started off as a decent poster. Now you're becoming an idiot instigator.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started off as a decent poster. Now you're becoming an idiot instigator.

Check out the crap thats been trolled on the Cowboys site the last few days. Emmitt Smith isn't top 10. LMAO. I come over here, theres a Cowboys-Cards bash thread, another about the Redskins signing Sean Lee to stick it to the Cowboys. When I comment that the Cowboys might return the favor with Griffin, I'm ripped and called idiotic. Hey, you can't have it both ways. Come after Lee if you want. Jerry will come after RG3. Don't think he will? Ask the Niner's if they thought Deion would be a Cowboy

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you think RG3 will hit the open market, then you are indeed being idiotic. Don't let someone saying something stupid on the Cowboy board make your intelligence level drop. At one point you seemed to be a person who had common sense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not through TC and already thinking free agents for 2014.:doh:

I am okay with responsible getting responsible free agents like Shanahan and Allen have done so far. I am NOT for anymore Archuleta's; Haynesworth's: etc. etc. It is a losing formula.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking in a few years down the line, Jerry releases a mid 30's Romo, Ware, and Witten, then the following year signs RG3 to the largest contract in NFL history. RG3 coming home to play in Texas again. Talk about sticking it in the Redskins earhole
:fap:

this is the type of thinking that gives cowboy fans a bad rep . How can you not KNOW that the skins will franchise RG3? and why would dallas want RG3 if he "cant stay healthy " your off season mantra ?

sure the boys can franchise lee , wouldnt doubt that a bit but your cap is a lot worse then you believe . within the next 2 years or so you will lose about 7-10 quality guys or face cap hell with dead space tied up on guys you dont have anymore

so much for signing RG3

now if you want to talk smack , which this is, along with the 5 superbowl BS in another thread i strongly urge you to go to our smack talk thread at the top of the page . there you can talk /troll there all day long without consequence

dont get caught up in that in these other threads . so far so good but dont cross the line

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I chose one from each category:

Sean Lee would be #1. He's a very smart and instinctive MLB that has proven to be a beast in a 3-4. It would also take away a young and talented player from the Cowboys. He'd be my splash.

Kenny Britt is my second pick because of all the problems. When healthy and not in trouble, he has "balled" extremely well. I'm hoping all the detractors keep the price tag very low.

My third pick is Lamar Houston because the price tag should be lowish but I'm not sure if we really need him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the type of thinking that gives cowboy fans a bad rep . How can you not KNOW that the skins will franchise RG3? and why would dallas want RG3 if he "cant stay healthy " your off season mantra ?

sure the boys can franchise lee , wouldnt doubt that a bit but your cap is a lot worse then you believe . within the next 2 years or so you will lose about 7-10 quality guys or face cap hell with dead space tied up on guys you dont have anymore

so much for signing RG3

now if you want to talk smack , which this is, along with the 5 superbowl BS in another thread i strongly urge you to go to our smack talk thread at the top of the page . there you can talk /troll there all day long without consequence

dont get caught up in that in these other threads . so far so good but don't cross the line

The Cowboys won't have to cut ''7-10 guys'' to franchise Lee. It won't come to that, they may have to restructure Romo, Ware or Witten, but the Cowboys are in much better cap shape than is being reported. I wouldn't want RG3, he is flat out great, but far to big an injury risk for the amount of money it will take for his second contract. I only brought up RG3 to show how hypocritical some of the fans were who were going on an on about Sean Lee. The second I brought up RG3 in the exact same scenario they mentioned for Lee, the flaming began

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys won't have to cut ''7-10 guys'' to franchise Lee. It won't come to that, they may have to restructure Romo, Ware or Witten, but the Cowboys are in much better cap shape than is being reported. I wouldn't want RG3, he is flat out great, but far to big an injury risk for the amount of money it will take for his second contract. I only brought up RG3 to show how hypocritical some of the fans were who were going on an on about Sean Lee. The second I brought up RG3 in the exact same scenario they mentioned for Lee, the flaming began

well UK you arent seeing the trouble on the horizon . 7=10 players in the next 2 years could be gone . you can restructure some but guys like ware , romo and witten most likely will want guaranteed money in exchange for re doing their deals

now for the 7-10 players i told you could go in the next 2 years
spencer , you mentioned him ,
scandrick
orton
ratliff
livings
bernadeau
parnell
costa
free
austin
all of these guys have been mentioned as cuts because of salary .
carr could be one
the boys have been drafting te's hannah / escobar could witten be in the mix

now are all of them big losses ? no , can it hurt depth ? yes

can you redo and extend ? yes

but in the end you will end up with the 1st 2 years of the shanny era here when we are signing galloways and becks to field a team do too cap issues

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with ratliff he was a beast like 2 years ago

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well UK you arent seeing the trouble on the horizon . 7=10 players in the next 2 years could be gone . you can restructure some but guys like ware , romo and witten most likely will want guaranteed money in exchange for re doing their deals

now for the 7-10 players i told you could go in the next 2 years
spencer , you mentioned him ,
scandrick
orton
ratliff
livings
bernadeau
parnell
costa
free
austin
all of these guys have been mentioned as cuts because of salary .
carr could be one
the boys have been drafting te's hannah / escobar could witten be in the mix

now are all of them big losses ? no , can it hurt depth ? yes

can you redo and extend ? yes

but in the end you will end up with the 1st 2 years of the shanny era here when we are signing galloways and becks to field a team do too cap issues
The Cowboys may well turn over 7-10 players over 2 years, but every team does that. Thats a lot different than HAVING to cut 7 players to resign Lee. Besides, the cap will be taking a nice spike in a couple of years because of the new tv deal, the sky isn't falling

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys may well turn over 7-10 players over 2 years, but every team does that. Thats a lot different than HAVING to cut 7 players to resign Lee. Besides, the cap will be taking a nice spike in a couple of years because of the new tv deal, the sky isn't falling

fine and dandy but you called me out saying what i said about 7-10 players as being untrue . now you are coming at me with "all teams lose that many " mantra

and i didnt link lee to any of them

the facts are the boys could choose to franchise or resign lee. but they will lose players and have to redo contracts and not the avg bubble guy to keep some of those players