• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Spring Training Thread

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I gather apparently Joey is now working for an accounting firm and spending a good amount of his time doing tax work before April 15 deadline. No word I've read as to when he or others will have it back up with more posts beyond what Mike Hindman has written. Last activity from Joey was on 5 March when he posted the Phoenix Rising item.

Thanks

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yea agree with you ... don't invest any time on the Forum side ... just a idiots few of the regular posters. Can't remember if it was there or another site I saw your post trying to add some sanity to the conversation. Visited the ESPN forum and a few of the old group is still there but not much happens there.

Will miss BBTIA if it doesn't make it back. You guys are pretty good reads but Joey and his group write some good stuff. No way am I going to subscribe to DMN way up here in Arkansas just to get behind the pay wall.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been updating an old house for the last 6 months so I haven't kept up with it much lately, but I used to read it daily and don't recall a troll problem in the past. I always assumed they had a pretty good system in place for dealing with that. That site always had some good posters that were pretty knowledgeable baseball fans and every one seemed to respect each other opinions. Sounds like Joey let it go.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been updating an old house for the last 6 months so I haven't kept up with it much lately, but I used to read it daily and don't recall a troll problem in the past. I always assumed they had a pretty good system in place for dealing with that. That site always had some good posters that were pretty knowledgeable baseball fans and every one seemed to respect each other opinions. Sounds like Joey let it go.

Yeah I'm wondering I'd there's going to be some house cleaning going on when he gets back.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have been trying to get the last few good ESPN posters over here. Send em PM's en sech, but still no luck. If BBTIA goes downhill, get the good ones over here. If the trolls try to follow, we can take care of that pretty easy. I'd say that we have one of the better baseball boards on this site, and with the knowledge you guys show I'd bet we have some of the better conversations as well.

I'm hoping to get more guys from the opposing teams in our GDT's this year. There are some smart baseball guys around the SportsHoopla, but their team boards just aren't like what we have here on the Ranger board. I think they would enjoy the GDT's.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ford -- I'm not inclined to chat during games but I think GDT chats with posters from other boards was a nice addition last year. Addition of HOU to the ALW ought to make that even more popular feature in 2013.

Wish there were a way to have GDT update like the game threads on BBTIA to make a conversation easier. Then that might get me to game chat. (BBTIA game chats got OT frequently and not enjoyable for me).

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to get back to a more aggressive running approach.... at least that is what has been said when the switch has been mentioned.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit this guy throws like Colby on a bad day. Watching my first spring game and they're down 11-1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaand the game ends on an Ian popup. Feels like I never left.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i like all the moves except the number 5.......dont trust teps and think he loses the job after 2 starts......we dont need 4 lefties in the pen and teps will be moved after he gets rocked twice(am fine being wrong but that is a big jump for him)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i like all the moves except the number 5.......dont trust teps and think he loses the job after 2 starts......we dont need 4 lefties in the pen and teps will be moved after he gets rocked twice(am fine being wrong but that is a big jump for him)

Tepesch has done well aside from his last start and who would you have put in his place? Ross hasn't shown the ability to get through a lineup more than once, Lowe is nowhere near where he'd need to be as far as arm strength and stamina. Grimm got rocked all spring, and Perez has a broken arm.

That last part hurts. He was looking really good.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tepesch has done well aside from his last start and who would you have put in his place? Ross hasn't shown the ability to get through a lineup more than once, Lowe is nowhere near where he'd need to be as far as arm strength and stamina. Grimm got rocked all spring, and Perez has a broken arm.

That last part hurts. He was looking really good.

My speculation that Kirkman would take the temporary (perhaps) #5 spot was wrong too. I don't like either move (Tepesch to #5 or Ross to RP). I think Tepesch would have benefited like Ross being sent to AAA to be an SP. Jumping Tepesch two levels to the part-time temporary SP role based on one ST performance is not in my opinion what is best for his development. Ditto Ross being shuttled back to the BP.

This morning after thinking about the #5 decision as I posted over on the ESPN forum ... I wonder if it isn't Borbon that is slated to move first but it is Kirkman. Is his start today in the A game his opportunity to win a #5SP job elsewhere?