• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2023 Spring Training is upon us. Excitement is in the air and hope springs eternal.

What are you guys hoping to see this spring? I think I am focusing on health this spring. I hope we find out guys like Zavala and Dunning are healing up faster than expected. I hope we don't find out anyone needs surgery like we found out about Jung last spring.

I would also like to see that some of our prospects who struggled last year are looking better this spring. I am mainly thinking about Winn and Leiter. It would be nice to see Davis Wendzel look good again as well. I really want to see Ricky Vanasco come in and be extremely impressive.

I want to see some of our reliever prospects shine in Spring Training. I hope to hear really good things about Fernery Ozuna, Lucas Jacobsen, Chase Lee, and Marc Church.

It would be nice to have a Matt Moore signing as well.

I think some young hitters will impress -- guys like Duran, Crim, Foscue, Harris, Smith, Huff, Carter, and Ornelas.

If Bradford, Kent, White, Winn, and Leiter all come in and look good that would be amazing.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2023 Spring Training is upon us. Excitement is in the air and hope springs eternal.

What are you guys hoping to see this spring? I think I am focusing on health this spring. I hope we find out guys like Zavala and Dunning are healing up faster than expected. I hope we don't find out anyone needs surgery like we found out about Jung last spring.

I would also like to see that some of our prospects who struggled last year are looking better this spring. I am mainly thinking about Winn and Leiter. It would be nice to see Davis Wendzel look good again as well. I really want to see Ricky Vanasco come in and be extremely impressive.

I want to see some of our reliever prospects shine in Spring Training. I hope to hear really good things about Fernery Ozuna, Lucas Jacobsen, Chase Lee, and Marc Church.

It would be nice to have a Matt Moore signing as well.

I think some young hitters will impress -- guys like Duran, Crim, Foscue, Harris, Smith, Huff, Carter, and Ornelas.

If Bradford, Kent, White, Winn, and Leiter all come in and look good that would be amazing.
Thanks for taking the lead. Will give my thoughts in a bit

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An announcement this spring that they are converting Spencer Howard to a reliever would be welcome too.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be good to hear some good reviews about Sam Huff's play behind the plate.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a DFA next to his name.
I have given up on that, for now. If they are going to keep him, I would rather he didn't start in place of guys who are better. Therefore, converting him to a reliever is at least better than him continuing to start. If he fails in that role, maybe then they will DFA him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have given up on that, for now. If they are going to keep him, I would rather he didn't start in place of guys who are better. Therefore, converting him to a reliever is at least better than him continuing to start. If he fails in that role, maybe then they will DFA him.
I agree. It seems like the Rangers are not going to admit they made a mistake with him. They’re bound and determined to pitch him, no matter how bad he pitches.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news. I hope they get these pitchers to hold runners better this year too
That will be harder than ever with the new rule changes.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts going into Spring training.

I do r mind rolling with what we got in LF filling it out internally as one of our young guys should emerge even if later next year or next. No reason to block them

The pen is different and really thought we fools ass a closer but the TJ guys should have better control and if he is on JHern should be able to close although LeClerc is favored. A big question mark.

Pretty open with the rest of the pen and do think they were burned out last year. No more bullpen games a huge plus.

Another thing I would like to see is a legit speed burner with high OBP and frustrates pitchers emerge as a leadoff. Everyone moves down a slot.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I were finishing up our Valentine's dinner at Mancuso's in west Fort Worth and in walks Chuck Morgan and his wife. They are sitting right in front of us.

Last edited:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I were finishing up our Valentine's dinner at Mancuso's in west Fort Worth and in walks Chuck Morgan and his wife. They are sitting right in front of us.

That’s awesome

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s baseball time in Texas

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s awesome
I didn't want to make a big deal and disturb their evening. When I got up to leave I looked over and waved and called his name. He jumped right up and shook my hand. Always the ambassador. I told him it was going to be a great season and he said we need a great season.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoping someone can step up and take command of left field. Seems like we haven’t had a good left fielder since 2011.

need to see the pen make some progress because it was god awful last year and we can’t afford for it to be just as bad this year.

I think bochy being the manager adds 5 wins, but you still need talent on the roster.