• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO that ship sailed when Kneel was given only 5 games. How do you give Wilson, a first-time offender, 10 games when Kneel got only 5?

Shanny has failed in his role. He needs to be fired. Bring in someone who will set a precedent from day one.

I'll take the job Kenny. The players would hate me in one month. No one off limit's, superstars, enforcers first time offenders, tough shit, The BS stops here !!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO that ship sailed when Kneel was given only 5 games. How do you give Wilson, a first-time offender, 10 games when Kneel got only 5?

Shanny has failed in his role. He needs to be fired. Bring in someone who will set a precedent from day one.

tough to argue with that. i think wilson deserves 5ish, but what he did was significantly less aggregious than what kneel did. he'll have a hard time justifying a harsher punishment on wilson. even a similar punishment really

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is going on with the Engelland suspension. First off how does he have an in-person hearing for an illegal bun not egregious but. Second, how long can they hold a player in suspended animation. Make a fucking decision Shanny.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is going on with the Engelland suspension. First off how does he have an in-person hearing for an illegal bun not egregious but. Second, how long can they hold a player in suspended animation. Make a fucking decision Shanny.

These decisions seem to be taking longer and longer. I have a feeling they are at the crossroads at NHL head quarters and these situations are being reviewed by more than one or two people. Shanny is still the voice but there is something going on in the back ground. Maybe because of the NFL lawsuit and pending NHL one? Must be something to it because they were being made faster in the past.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont blame Shanahan guys and gals. he tried to set precedent on his very first suspenion on James Wisniewski after he hit him hard the NHL and the owners said HEY no this is not how it works. hes only a figure head now

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont blame Shanahan guys and gals. he tried to set precedent on his very first suspenion on James Wisniewski after he hit him hard the NHL and the owners said HEY no this is not how it works. hes only a figure head now

That's pretty much what I said in the post above yours. Wake up matt !!!! I said he's the voice. :lol:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough to argue with that. i think wilson deserves 5ish, but what he did was significantly less aggregious than what kneel did. he'll have a hard time justifying a harsher punishment on wilson. even a similar punishment really

And therein lies the problem.

How do you give some of these hits 10 games when Thornton only got 15, Kneel only got 5, etc.

The player safety department has fucked this up beyond repair. They need a fresh start.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much what I said in the post above yours. Wake up matt !!!! I said he's the voice. :lol:

lol sorry boss. I just got back from a 6 mile run Im exhausted.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Penguin I hope he takes the rest of the season to make a decision, meaning Engelland must sit out until then.

But I am wondering how much of the pending lawsuit has to do with the long delay with hits to the head?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I must be the invisible fucking man today. :noidea:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson should, in a "perfect" world get around 7 or so...but yeah, based on the other suspensions, it doesn't look good for that. HOWEVER, how does Neal get a phone call, and 5 games, and Engelland get an in person? I didn't like the hit at all, but based on some other stuff that's been thrown around, he's probably "due" 2-5 games. It's really getting bizarre.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 for Engelland. Just throwing darts at a board right now. Neal and Engelland getting the same amount screams inconsistency.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These decisions seem to be taking longer and longer. I have a feeling they are at the crossroads at NHL head quarters and these situations are being reviewed by more than one or two people. Shanny is still the voice but there is something going on in the back ground. Maybe because of the NFL lawsuit and pending NHL one? Must be something to it because they were being made faster in the past.

i believe this is called getting Mattola'd Boss. it happens to the best :D

Oh OK, because I thought I said the same thing in the bold part. It was just great timing. :lol:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh OK, because I thought I said the same thing in the bold part. It was just great timing. :lol:

LOL...I made the same comment. Sorry too lazy to read them all today. :L