• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there's a specific reference there, but I'm not getting it.

Help me out...

St. Louis - Detroit game last week, 3-3 tie in the 3rd period, Backes hits a Detroit defender with an awesome check just as he released the puck, catches him clean in the chest, elbow down. Assessed a 5 min major (match) penalty for a hit to the head and Detroit scores the GWG on the 5 minute major. The league rescinds the match penalty, but I don't think that made the Blues feel much better.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis - Detroit game last week, 3-3 tie in the 3rd period, Backes hits a Detroit defender with an awesome check just as he released the puck, catches him clean in the chest, elbow down. Assessed a 5 min major (match) penalty for a hit to the head and Detroit scores the GWG on the 5 minute major. The league rescinds the match penalty, but I don't think that made the Blues feel much better.

Thanks. Just watched the video. That was horrible.

If the ref even had a basic understanding of physics he'd know that head motion was impossible based on the direction of contact.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoll one is a little tougher because Fowler definitely stopped right in front of him, so there's some vulnerable position considerations.

I would guess 1 game for Stoll.

During the game they showed a bunch of replays of this, and the part that is very incriminating is Stoll grabs Fowler's sweater, pulls Fowler towards him a little, and then shoves him away into the boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubinsky facing a hearing for blasting Scuderi from behind:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fast forward to the Hawks-Sharks game last night. Dejardins hits Mayers, basically shoulder to shoulder & same crappy call. Even before the game ended, the league says was clean hit & rescinded the match penalty. Sharls would have been on 4 min PP too.:gaah::gaah::gaah:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reminding me of the NFL, how guys in the secondary pretty much can't touch receivers. Everything, even non penalties are being called and it is disrupting games in a huge way.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubinsky facing a hearing for blasting Scuderi from behind:

He's a Blue Jacket, he'll get 21 games :D

Whatever he gets from the league the team should add four for being a dumbass. They had momentum and just about taken the lead when Voynov scored. Had they stayed the course, they probably would have gotten back to tie it.

Oh well, at least someone other than Dorsett was the idiot momentum killer for once.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty dirty spear from Franzen last night, I think 'The Mule' should sit for a game or two (yeah, he was hit from behind, but it was a love tap).

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty dirty spear from Franzen last night, I think 'The Mule' should sit for a game or two (yeah, he was hit from behind, but it was a love tap).

Yeah, that was pretty nasty.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a blantant hit from behind, not a "love tap" because he was pissed about something that happened a few minutes before.

Blues always go goon when they get beat like a rented Mule (pun intended), and they got a little taste of their own medicine.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a blantant hit from behind, not a "love tap" because he was pissed about something that happened a few minutes before.

Blues always go goon when they get beat like a rented Mule (pun intended), and they got a little taste of their own medicine.

No supplementary discipline for Franzen (not even a fine) - Well, I guess that means the next time a guy gets nudged into the boards from behind, he can spear a guy in the mid-section and the worst that will happen is a game misconduct (just over 7 minutes left in the 3rd when Franzen was tossed, what a joke).

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absent a direct shot to the head it doesn't look like there will be many suspensions this year.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's irrelevant. He still big-time speared him. Franzen is a veteran. He should know better.

You can debate separately whether or not it should have been a penalty for a hit from behind, but that doesn't excuse a spear.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Franzen was disciplined for this skewer job either, Shanaban is an enabler...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Franzen was disciplined for this skewer job either, Shanaban is an enabler...

Didn't realize he had done it in the past too. Yeah, only solidifies my belief he should have gotten a game or two.