• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter GammonsVerified ‏@pgammo

If you don't believe the multi-team Upton trade talk, Wednesday night a Rangers official called an Astros officisl and said, "we got Upton."

Someone posted this on lonestarball. I was thinking to myself huh?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball people suggest Hamilton and agent Michael Moye are still holding out for a six or seven-year contract worth $25MM or so per season, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports.
Read more at MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

LOL. Most i've seen "reported" is 4. Try for 5 first, eh Josh?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball people suggest Hamilton and agent Michael Moye are still holding out for a six or seven-year contract worth $25MM or so per season, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports.

Saw that. A team would have to be out of their minds to consider a deal like that. 5 is the max I would give him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax lol. Just cause i dont agree with something doesnt make me or you wrong.

Really? Because you just said what I said was not true, or in lay terms wrong.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's injury prone. This past season is the only season he's ever struck out more than 130 hitters. This year it skyrocketed to 230. Even in his cy young season last year he gave up 24 bombs at Citi field. You think that's gonna get better at rbia?

He had one year where he pitched out of his mind. This would be the quintessential mistake of buying high. No thanks.

Which is the only reason the Mets are trying so hard to get as much as they can right now for him. Smart on their part, dumb on anyone that gets close to their asking price.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are hoping for the panic buyer. The BWI that sees TOR and BOS get stronger, the Yanks still up there and think "we need to make a move NOW" and overpays.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's injury prone. This past season is the only season he's ever struck out more than 130 hitters. This year it skyrocketed to 230. Even in his cy young season last year he gave up 24 bombs at Citi field. You think that's gonna get better at rbia?

He had one year where he pitched out of his mind. This would be the quintessential mistake of buying high. No thanks.

RA Dickey isn't really injury prone, I don't know where this idea comes from

I looked it up and I don't see anywhere that he's ever really had any injury concerns

He was in the minors for a long time b/c he didn't have the stuff to be a conventional pitcher and spent a few years refining his forkball into a actual knuckleball, which is right around the time we sent him packing, he bounced around with a few teams getting things sorted out and has been solid with the Mets for about 3 years now

He wasn't injury prone, just lack of opportunity

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked it up and I don't see anywhere that he's ever really had any injury concerns

He was in the minors for a long time b/c he didn't have the stuff to be a conventional pitcher and spent a few years refining his forkball into a actual knuckleball, which is right around the time we sent him packing, he bounced around with a few teams getting things sorted out and has been solid with the Mets for about 3 years now

He spent a good chunk of last year pitching through plantar fasciitis.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly on the injury part. People also still dont get hes been very good the last 3 YEARS