• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mlb tonight is already showing Young hitting 2nd for the Phillies

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the winter meetings.........tired of this cocktease..........next year i am not checking twitter or any rumor pages

tell me something actually happens :pout:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the winter meetings.........tired of this cocktease..........next year i am not checking twitter or any rumor pages

tell me something actually happens :pout:

There's a reason JD is considered a ninja among gm 's. something will happen. Patience grasshopper.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just looking through grenkie and shields numbers and they pretty much have the same numbers.. In terms of era, k's, innings, walks and hits allowed. Not sure how much better grenkie is. Even though grenkie has a better fip xfip, he has always underperformed his advanced stats ( 3 straight years now ) its weird to be honest. How good is grenkie? The good grenkie of last year, the cy type, or the one that atruggled in 2010?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just looking through grenkie and shields numbers and they pretty much have the same numbers.. In terms of era, k's, innings, walks and hits allowed. Not sure how much better grenkie is. Even though grenkie has a better fip xfip, he has always underperformed his advanced stats ( 3 straight years now ) its weird to be honest. How good is grenkie? The good grenkie of last year, the cy type, or the one that atruggled in 2010?

Aside from a couple of seasons they're pretty close on fWAR as well though greinke gets a slight edge. Shields actually has slightly better k numbers. He's also produced ground balls at a slightly better rate than greinke.

Shields could be the better option, but only if Tampa will be moderately reasonable for him. Greinke may be more attainable. They're pretty close.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from a couple of seasons they're pretty close on fWAR as well though greinke gets a slight edge. Shields actually has slightly better k numbers. He's also produced ground balls at a slightly better rate than greinke.

Shields could be the better option, but only if Tampa will be moderately reasonable for him. Greinke may be more attainable. They're pretty close.

Exactly

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Btw. Not sure if this was an accident, but this was a very well thought out post. :boink:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw. Not sure if this was an accident, but this was a very well thought out post. :boink:

Haha thanks. I was just pointing out that Grenkie Is not as good as people think. Yeah he's very good pitcher that has the potential to be an Ace but has been boderlined #1 mostly #2 starter type. Shields is just as good of a Back up plan. But i still prefer Grenkie cause behind this defense he can be even better than last year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha thanks. I was just pointing out that Grenkie Is not as good as people think. Yeah he's very good pitcher that has the potential to be an Ace but has been boderlined #1 mostly #2 starter type. Shields is just as good of a Back up plan. But i still prefer Grenkie cause behind this defense he can be even better than last year.

And we can control greinke for more than two years.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking that are focus should be on Dickey and Grenkie. Even though Dickey is old hes still good pitcher. Last 3 years prove that. A rotation of Grenkie, Dickey, Darvish, Harrison, Ogando. How awesome of a rotation would that be?

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking that are focus should be on Dickey and Grenkie. Even though Dickey is old hes still good pitcher. Last 3 years prove that. A rotation of Grenkie, Dickey, Darvish, Harrison, Ogando. How awesome of a rotation would that be?

Dickey is a novelty pitcher and a move to the AL west and rbia would do him and us no favors. I'm not interested in giving up prospects like Olt, Profar, Martin, Perez, Grimm, etc for dickey. I want no part of him at rbia.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickey is a novelty pitcher and a move to the AL west and rbia would do him and us no favors. I'm not interested in giving up prospects like Olt, Profar, Martin, Perez, Grimm, etc for dickey. I want no part of him at rbia.

Well if we dont give up any of them. im all for it.