• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a pipe dream to sign all 3. Although a grenkie and shields addition is more realistic

why do you think it's a pipedream? you can't ignore the hole left by Hamilton. you either bring him back or bring in someone else and we still need a #1 catcher and at least 2 relievers. or are you going to write off the 200+ rbi's?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although a grenkie and shields addition is more realistic

How is that scenario more realistic?

When it was said earlier that the Rangers have cooled on Shields talks.........but still remain in on Upton talks, signing Hamilton & signing Greinke.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that scenario more realistic?

When it was said earlier that the Rangers have cooled on Shields talks.........but still remain in on Upton talks, signing Hamilton & signing Greinke.

They are not gonna sign all 3 those are options just incase it doesnt workout with 1 or the other.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you think it's a pipedream? you can't ignore the hole left by Hamilton. you either bring him back or bring in someone else and we still need a #1 catcher and at least 2 relievers. or are you going to write off the 200+ rbi's?

But you can. Look at the giants. They dont need superstars in every spot in the lineup...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can. Look at the giants. They dont need superstars in every spot in the lineup...

you're right we don't but it does not hurt to at least bring someone in to pick up at least 60% of the lost players' offense. do we have a catcher who can do that in replacing Napoli? and do you really think Gentry & Martin are going to replace even a quarter of Hamilton's 123 RBI's?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right we don't but it does not hurt to at least bring someone in to pick up at least 60% of the lost players' offense. do we have a catcher who can do that in replacing Napoli? and do you really think Gentry & Martin are going to replace even a quarter of Hamilton's 123 RBI's?

I think they deserve the chance. Production isn't only measured in home runs and rbi's. and home runs and rbi's aren't the holy grail to winning games. You need wins and that includes all aspect of the game. OBP, defense, runs, base running, stolen bases, runs saved. You don't have to make up for all that production on offense either. You can do so with pitching and defense. It's a matter of run differential, not just mashing the ball. Otherwise the rangers would have multiple WS wins.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they deserve the chance. Production isn't only measured in home runs and rbi's. and home runs and rbi's aren't the holy grail to winning games. You need wins and that includes all aspect of the game. OBP, defense, runs, base running, stolen bases, runs saved. You don't have to make up for all that production on offense either. You can do so with pitching and defense. It's a matter of run differential, not just mashing the ball. Otherwise the rangers would have multiple WS wins.

and i agree with what you're saying but you have to make up some of it to make it easier on your pitching.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i agree with what you're saying but you have to make up some of it to make it easier on your pitching.

I believe you'll see Kinsler have an improved year, and finding a way to remove Michael Young from the lineup would go a long way in improving that balance. Martin has been mashing in AAA and has nothing left to prove there. I believe he can help fill in that offense gap as well. Do that and add a Greinke or Shields and I believe we're a championship contender.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you'll see Kinsler have an improved year, and finding a way to remove Michael Young from the lineup would go a long way in improving that balance. Martin has been mashing in AAA and has nothing left to prove there. I believe he can help fill in that offense gap as well. Do that and add a Greinke or Shields and I believe we're a championship contender.

you are probably right but i would still like to see us add someone like Hamilton or Upton

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not gonna sign all 3 those are options just incase it doesnt workout with 1 or the other.

fwiw, shields or upton would be by trade. (justin upton...not bj).

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still would like to see what the price on Ike Davis would be, think he would hit very well at the ballpark, and as much as I like Moreland, flip him and Cruz in a deal for someone else