• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also a flyball pitcher, He's posted a WAR of 6.1 the last 2 years compared to Holland's 5.5, and xFIPs of 4.04 and 3.96, compared to Holland's 3.76 and 4.14

Not much of an improvement in my eyes, we have plenty of 3-4-5 types already

So im guessing jered weaver is not that much better than holland either cause he only posted a 3 WAR and a 4.18 xfip? Lol no Weaver>>>>> Holland. Those stats are good for most pitchers but not all of them. Just cause you dont get your outs in a pretty way, doesnt mean your not that great. Kyle lohse has been a #2 guy the last 2 years, so im not going to go off FIP or xFip for all pitchers..

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So im guessing jered weaver is not that much better than holland either cause he only posted a 3 WAR and a 4.18 xfip? Lol no Weaver>>>>> Holland. Those stats are good for most pitchers but not all of them. Just cause you dont get your outs in a pretty way, doesnt mean your not that great. Kyle lohse has been a #2 guy the last 2 years, so im not going to go off FIP or xFip for all pitchers..

Jered Weaver has long been a product of his home park, he's good but not great, and its true that the saber stats don't favor Weaver perhaps unfairly but the point is Weaver would not be that good outside of Anaheim and the numbers you are putting down have born this to be true time and again

Weaver career ERA at home 2.66 on the road 3.80

Lohse over his Cardinals tenure between 2012 and 2008: 2.33 in 2012, 3.67, 5.04, 3.68, 3.32 ERAs at home

3.41, 3.13, 8.84, 6.10, and 4.43 on the road

Product of the park and old, he's a 3-4 at best

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jered Weaver has long been a product of his home park, he's good but not great, and its true that the saber stats don't favor Weaver perhaps unfairly but the point is Weaver would not be that good outside of Anaheim and the numbers you are putting down have born this to be true time and again

Lohse over his Cardinals tenure between 2012 and 2008: 2.33 in 2012, 3.67, 5.04, 3.68, 3.32 ERAs at home

we have enough 3-4's with Holland, Ogando, Lewis, Perez + 3 or 4 others

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is why it's good to know more than just era. You taking notes hambombs?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With their new TV deal ... Greinke is going to end up with LAD IMO.

The thing is will LAA stay in the game long enough that TEX snags the next best option before LAD closes the deal leaving LAA without?

bmapes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a dream come true, if let Hamilton go, we sign Grienke to his desired contract of 6 years $135mil, we now would have a solid 2-3 SP in Grienke, Darvish and Harrison. Sign B.J. Upton to a 5 year $70mil contract. We sign A.J. Pierzynski to a 2 year $17 Million contract. We trade Olt, Grimm, and maybe a little more, for Michael Morse. Trade Andrus, Perez, and Sardinas for Giancarlo Stanton. Re-sign Koji Uehara, he wont be too expensive. We have to trade Michael Young, he is due $16 million for next year, and I know we could get some RP for him and that will clear up a little bit of our salary. I know its not a full roster and their should be a few other changes but it gives us a STRONG rotation and lineup and saves us some money. Signing Grienke, Upton, and considering our next years salary, we woould be looking at a $150-160 mil salary next year which still keeps us below the Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox and keeps us on par with the Angels. Option B would be trying to trade for Tim Lincecum and then still put together a competing roster, and that wouldnt come cheap.

Now our lineup would be

1. Ian Kinsler(R) 2B
2. B.J. Upton (R) OF
3. Adrian Beltre(R) 3B
4. Giancarlo Stanton(R) OF
5. Michael Morse(R) 1B, OF
6. Nelson Cruz(R) DH, OF
7. A.J. Pierzynski C
8. David Murphy (L)OF
9. Jurickson Profar(S) SS

Rotation being
1. Zach Grienke(R)
2. Yu Darvish(R)
3. Matt Harrison(L)
4. Alexi Ogando(R)
5. Derek Holland(L)

Relievers
1. Joe Nathan(R)
2. Robbie Ross(L)
3. Koji Uehara(R)
4. Michael Kirkman(L)
5. Tanner Scheppers(R)

Bench
1. Craig Gentry(R) OF, DH
2. Julio Borbon(L) OF
3. Brandon Snyder(R) OF

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very....VERY right handed hitting lineup. That said, it would take more than what you listed to get Stanton.

Dont really like Upton - I would like a player with more consistency.
Want no part of AJ. He's decent (coming off a career year)....but I do not believe he'd fit in well with the clubhouse.

Morse - interesting.

Rotation wise.... I struggle with having Greinke as the #1 here. I know it appears he has worked through his anxiety issues and what not.... but signing a HUGE contract...then having everyone expect you to be the ace of the team, might put too much pressure on him. I would slot him either at 2 or 3.

And yes, I realize there would be pressure on him (to live up to the contract) no matter where he's slotted in the rotation.

Bullpen is a couple players short - but it seems lacking to me (with just those you listed)

Bench wise - Heaven help us.

bmapes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I was pretty sleep deprived when I wrote that, I honestly don't think we should sign Grienke, I think we should off load Michael Young to someone, he's not worth $16 million. We need to acquire Michael Morse somehow. I love the Idea of adding Pierzynski, I mean catcher is a low producing position, He is good defensively and great at pitch calling, not to mention still produces offensively, also he wouldn't want a long contract 2 years tops. I would like to see a trade made for Lincecum, he had a bad year and would have amazing coaching in Texas. Plus the Giants will be looking to unload him soon, since he is a free agent next year, it would be a great oppurtunity to unload Andrus before he wants a $150 million contract. Tim still has what it takes to be a number 1, and I'd rather give hime the money over Andrus. I like Upton over Bourn and Swisher. I also wouldn't mind seeing an offer to Cody Ross.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Cincy is going to re-sign Broxton. i thought he was a major target for the Rangers. 3 years $21M

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I was pretty sleep deprived when I wrote that, I honestly don't think we should sign Grienke, I think we should off load Michael Young to someone, he's not worth $16 million. We need to acquire Michael Morse somehow. I love the Idea of adding Pierzynski, I mean catcher is a low producing position, He is good defensively and great at pitch calling, not to mention still produces offensively, also he wouldn't want a long contract 2 years tops. I would like to see a trade made for Lincecum, he had a bad year and would have amazing coaching in Texas. Plus the Giants will be looking to unload him soon, since he is a free agent next year, it would be a great oppurtunity to unload Andrus before he wants a $150 million contract. Tim still has what it takes to be a number 1, and I'd rather give hime the money over Andrus. I like Upton over Bourn and Swisher. I also wouldn't mind seeing an offer to Cody Ross.

Any who pray tell do you think would be stupid enough to pick up MY's contract?