• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

Sam67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their pitching is really young, and/or not #1 worthy as of right now

I didn't say it would be a #1. They do have young pitching as well as a couple bullpen arms and either Cahill or Kennedy. Doubt they would turn loose of Cahill or Kennedy but they were disappointed in the year Kennedy had.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it would be a #1. They do have young pitching as well as a couple bullpen arms and either Cahill or Kennedy. Doubt they would turn loose of Cahill or Kennedy but they were disappointed in the year Kennedy had.

at this point, we have plenty of young pitchers so i would not consider trading either for more young pitching and i definitely wouldn't even consider either for bullpen arms. maybe young & 7-9M for them

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in other news: The Cubs have acquired right-hander Barret Loux and a player to be named later from the Rangers in exchange for right-hander Jake Brigham, the Cubs announced.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point, we have plenty of young pitchers so i would not consider trading either for more young pitching and i definitely wouldn't even consider either for bullpen arms. maybe young & 7-9M for them

While that statement may be true, we dont have plenty of QUALITY young pitching, its the one area our farm has really lacked.....I am sick of Holland's inconsistency, I am not ready to buy into Harrison be a 2-3 pitcher, I have yet to fall into the hype trap of Perez, Feliz has shown he cant handle being a starter, and we dont really know if Ogando can handle being a starter for a full year. Our farm system is really thin at quality pitchers who could be brought up soon after all those guys. Darvish is really the only pitcher I am not too worried about and thats because he is a strikeout pitcher....Dbacks meanwhile have a plethora of QUALITY young arms, Kennedy, Cahill, Miley, Skaggs, Bauer, Bradley, among others...they cant use all of them so obtaining one in a trade wouldnt be such a bad idea.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that statement may be true, we dont have plenty of QUALITY young pitching, its the one area our farm has really lacked.....I am sick of Holland's inconsistency, I am not ready to buy into Harrison be a 2-3 pitcher, I have yet to fall into the hype trap of Perez, Feliz has shown he cant handle being a starter, and we dont really know if Ogando can handle being a starter for a full year. Our farm system is really thin at quality pitchers who could be brought up soon after all those guys. Darvish is really the only pitcher I am not too worried about and thats because he is a strikeout pitcher....Dbacks meanwhile have a plethora of QUALITY young arms, Kennedy, Cahill, Miley, Skaggs, Bauer, Bradley, among others...they cant use all of them so obtaining one in a trade wouldnt be such a bad idea.

Your posts reek of knee jerk. Really? Feliz showed he can't be a starter after one year where he got hurt and had to have tommy John? Harrison actually got cy young votes and is a ground ball machine. You should read your posts before you click submit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are saying that Arizona could deal Kubel. He's a pretty safe bet for 20-25 hr and 85-90 rbi's in our park. Last year he hit 30 bombs and drove in 90. He's a corner of bat that brings some pop to the lineup, and could be had for less than Upton.

Interested? And what do you offer?

Sam67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are saying that Arizona could deal Kubel. He's a pretty safe bet for 20-25 hr and 85-90 rbi's in our park. Last year he hit 30 bombs and drove in 90. He's a corner of bat that brings some pop to the lineup, and could be had for less than Upton.

Interested? And what do you offer?

Kubel was flying along with a great year until the last two months. August ended with a .590 OPS and Sept a .666 OPS. You're right about his power and that may play well in Arlington. We could get him cheaper than Upton for sure.

Sam67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your posts reek of knee jerk. Really? Feliz showed he can't be a starter after one year where he got hurt and had to have tommy John? Harrison actually got cy young votes and is a ground ball machine. You should read your posts before you click submit.

I'd have to agree with slugger on this one. Darvish and Harrison look pretty good to me but can't see anything other than question marks from there. Holland could and should be our #3 but until he finds a reliable changeup and quits throwing 0-2 fastballs down the middle for HR's he'll continue to be inconsistent. Feliz was good in the pen but with his TJ surgery the jury is still out on him being a top starter. I'm anxious to see Ogando starting again and hope he finds his '11 1st half form again, but right now there's no more than question marks. He needs a third consistent pitch to go with his fb/slider (same thing he needed in '11). Perez and Grimm are young, inexperienced.

We need a couple of starters and if we don't sign Greinke or Lohse it's going to have to come from trades. The FA market should help us with our bullpen. Two rumored deals include a starting pitcher, Arencibia/Romero and Ellsbury/Lester. Click to submit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am not interested in loshe. I'd rather have Edwin Jackson frankly. I think ogando will be fine. I feel like his biggest issue was his endurance and legs giving out. The difference is he'll have all off season and spring training to prepare to start instead of right before the season starts. He has dominant stuff for sure. I hop it translates into a full season of what we saw in te first half last season.

Sam67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am not interested in loshe. I'd rather have Edwin Jackson frankly. I think ogando will be fine. I feel like his biggest issue was his endurance and legs giving out. The difference is he'll have all off season and spring training to prepare to start instead of right before the season starts. He has dominant stuff for sure. I hop it translates into a full season of what we saw in te first half last season.

Some thought it was endurance but some like me felt it was only having 2 reliable pitches (sometimes only 1). MLB hitters aren't dumb and started sitting on the fast ball. Same thing happened in the 2nd half this year in the pen. He's another that desperately needs an effective changeup.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thought it was endurance but some like me felt it was only having 2 reliable pitches (sometimes only 1). MLB hitters aren't dumb and started sitting on the fast ball. Same thing happened in the 2nd half this year in the pen. He's another that desperately needs an effective changeup.

He used it some this year out of necessity. Kind of like Feliz, all he needs to be able to do is locate it somewhat effectively to keep hitters from sitting on his fastball. He's got all off season to work on it. I'm excited about him starting again, and I think he'll be really good.

Sam67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got all off season to work on it. I'm excited about him starting again, and I think he'll be really good.

He's had since '11 to 'work on it'.

I'm with you though as for as him starting again unless a better deal comes along.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had since '11 to 'work on it'.

I'm with you though as for as him starting again unless a better deal comes along.

When he knew he was going back to the pen he probably didn't really concern himself with developing it. His fastball slider combo is good enough for the pen. He'll definitely have to focus on it this year though.

Sam67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to my post about expanding the Upton trade I wonder what else it would take to get a package of Upton/Ian Kennedy or Upton/Trevor Cahill. Andrus plus who?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to my post about expanding the Upton trade I wonder what else it would take to get a package of Upton/Ian Kennedy or Upton/Trevor Cahill. Andrus plus who?

Andrus, Grimm, Font? Too low?