• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers do not pick up the 2013 options on Feldman and Tateyama which frees up 9.65M

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not thinking this will be a transitional year.......i expect some big splashes to be made and we will this coming year :pray:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopeful shopping list is now:

Please kick the tires:
Victorino
Haren if cut
Anibel Sanchez
Edwin Jackson
Johny Gomes
Pierzensky

Please don't be tempted to even talk to:
Torii Hunter
Treanor again
Youklis
Bourn
BJ Upton
Swisher
Grienke
Ervin Santana

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please kick the tires:
Victorino
Haren if cut
Anibel Sanchez
Edwin Jackson
Johny Gomes
Pierzensky

Torii Hunter
Treanor again
Youklis
Bourn
BJ Upton
Swisher
Grienke
Ervin Santana

not really crazy about any on either list. would rather see the Rangers go after Price, Arencibia and CarGo but i trust Nolan & JD to make the right choices

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please kick the tires:
Victorino
Haren if cut
Anibel Sanchez
Edwin Jackson
Johny Gomes
Pierzensky

Torii Hunter
Treanor again
Youklis
Bourn
BJ Upton
Swisher
Grienke
Ervin Santana

I have absolutely zero interest in Haren. There's something seriously wrong with him and rbia is not the cure.

Edwin Jackson may be a good mid rotation starter. Maybe a good #4 or #5.

Pierzynski is clubhouse cancer. I want no part of him dealing with our young pitchers. Especially Darvish.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely zero interest in Haren. There's something seriously wrong with him and rbia is not the cure.

Pierzynski is clubhouse cancer. I want no part of him dealing with our young pitchers. Especially Darvish.

Again I agree just have to wait and see what JD has up his sleeve

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think it would be kind of fun seeing the dynamics of AJ and MY in the same clubhouse ...

... kind of a win-win when they maim each other enought that both have to go to the 60day DL around May 15th

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on my list could provide quality at bats and wouldn't cost much if anything to sign. Of course I'd rather have Price and CarGo, but do you guys realize what the cost of getting those guys in here will be? I'm thinking either Elvis or Profar, Olt, Cruz, and many others would be the starting price.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on my list could provide quality at bats and wouldn't cost much if anything to sign. Of course I'd rather have Price and CarGo, but do you guys realize what the cost of getting those guys in here will be? I'm thinking either Elvis or Profar, Olt, Cruz, and many others would be the starting price.

we are going to lose Cruz & Murphy after this coming season anyway and Elvis after 2014 so we might as well trade them now and get what we can from the deals. Colorado wants to re-build so unloading CarGo's for Cruz's 1 year might work for them and maybe it's time to give Profar his time at SS and trade Elvis and pieces to Tampa for Price

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we are going to lose Cruz & Murphy after this coming season anyway and Elvis after 2014 so we might as well trade them now and get what we can from the deals. Colorado wants to re-build so unloading CarGo's for Cruz's 1 year might work for them and maybe it's time to give Profar his time at SS and trade Elvis and pieces to Tampa for Price

I know the opinion of many is that Boras will find a lucrative FA opportunity elsewhere for Elvis ... and that there is no hope of TEX resigning him ... but you got to wonder maybe TEX is able to resign Elvis.

Who would you rather have long term ... Elvis or Kinsler ... and what are the relative market values of the two if you think you will only keep one?

Selling yourself and your talent short when Price (or similar) could turn out to be Chan Ho Park just scares me to death.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the opinion of many is that Boras will find a lucrative FA opportunity elsewhere for Elvis ... and that there is no hope of TEX resigning him ... but you got to wonder maybe TEX is able to resign Elvis.

Who would you rather have long term ... Elvis or Kinsler ... and what are the relative market values of the two if you think you will only keep one?

Selling yourself and your talent short when Price (or similar) could turn out to be Chan Ho Park just scares me to death.

right now, i'd rather have Elvis but i don't believe that Texas can re-sign him or that Kinsler is tradeable right now. if it comes down to it right now Elvis is our best trading chip.

i believe Price is the best pitcher in the AL so i don't believe we would be selling us short

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OT ... is anyone else having a problem with their browser jumping to the top of the page when you click on "last post" ... forcing you to scroll back down to the last post?

Seems like this problem cropped up for me in the last 2 weeks or so. Am using Chrome.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

do you seriously have inclinations that Price could turn into Chan Ho Park? Come on now.....Price's worst year so far was Park's best year in his career....Price also pitches in the toughest division in baseball. I have absolutely no concerns of Price turning into Park and would be comfortable with practically any trade that gets Price to Arlington. Park was the benefactor of a desperate and irresponsible spending of Hicks, we have a much smarter organization now.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you seriously have inclinations that Price could turn into Chan Ho Park? Come on now.....Price's worst year so far was Park's best year in his career....Price also pitches in the toughest division in baseball. I have absolutely no concerns of Price turning into Park and would be comfortable with practically any trade that gets Price to Arlington. Park was the benefactor of a desperate and irresponsible spending of Hicks, we have a much smarter organization now.

hell, most of the cleaning crew at the BBiA knew more about baseball than Hicks.

and i agree i would be comfortable with practically any trade that brings a pitcher of his quality to Texas

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

good to know ...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, this ticks me off: the Royals just traded with the Angels for Santana which bails out the Angels and frees up money for them to re-sign Greinke. now i'm not saying that i wanted the Rangers to get him but i sure didn't want the Angels to re-sign him.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, this ticks me off: the Royals just traded with the Angels for Santana which bails out the Angels and frees up money for them to re-sign Greinke. now i'm not saying that i wanted the Rangers to get him but i sure didn't want the Angels to re-sign him.

It didn't let them off the hook for anything. They had an option and they were going to decline it so they traded him instead. They still paid the 1mil that they would have used to buy him out.