• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll speculate ... but I just don't think Greinke has the stamina to pitch for TEX long term. I just don't think he physically or psychologically is a fit to spend half of his next several years worth of games pitching at RBIA.

My impression is that he's more likely to sign back in the NL although there will be a number of AL teams who will pursue him. I think he's a small market SP and maybe NYY makes a run for him ... and that might be a good thing.

We will see.

Why wouldnt he have the stamina? I think thats all speculation IMO.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why wouldnt he have the stamina? I think thats all speculation IMO.

That's what I said. "I'll speculate ... "

It's my totally unscientific impression of Greinke of a guy who isn't a big guy ... about Holland's size ... who can be emotional and can tend to yap ... seems nervous in high leverage spots. I just don't see him being effective at RBIA with the heat and the bigger market for a full season not to mention a multi year program.

He did well at LAA in 13 starts after a rough start but he was not their #1 and so wasn't under the same pressure he would be under at TEX.

As I said ... I'm speculating ... just don't feel like he's commanding enough. I always thought Felix should have had the 2009 CY. He had good peripheral numbers but got most of his wins in the ALC (logically). Had wins outside the division of course ... but King's 19 wins I think were tougher.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's my totally unscientific impression of Greinke of a guy who isn't a big guy ... about Holland's size ... who can be emotional and can tend to yap ... seems nervous in high leverage spots. I just don't see him being effective at RBIA with the heat and the bigger market for a full season not to mention a multi year program.

He did well at LAA in 13 starts after a rough start but he was not their #1 and so wasn't under the same pressure he would be under at TEX.

As I said ... I'm speculating ... just don't feel like he's commanding enough. I always thought Felix should have had the 2009 CY. He had good peripheral numbers but got most of his wins in the ALC (logically). Had wins outside the division of course ... but King's 19 wins I think were tougher.

Can't help but believe he would be an upgrade over anything we have 2-5 in the rotation. Matt Harrison is our number 2 guy and he's never impressed me as being a rock in high pressure situations. Not sure how the rotation will shake out next year, but if there is a chance he'll push Holland further back in the rotation then I'm on board with that.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the CarGo note....What (or whom) is everyone willing to give up for him?

And be realistic. No "Perez & Borbon" BS offers.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he wouldn't be #1 here either with Yu & Matt

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz, Olt, Grimm and Sardinas

if they were to trade Cargo, I gotta believe it would be more of a salary dump so I doubt they would want to take on Cruz....so I would say instead of Cruz add in Perez and that looks like a good deal....Olt, Perez, Grimm, Sardinas....would also depend on how much salary we would be taking on.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they were to trade Cargo, I gotta believe it would be more of a salary dump so I doubt they would want to take on Cruz....so I would say instead of Cruz add in Perez and that looks like a good deal....Olt, Perez, Grimm, Sardinas....would also depend on how much salary we would be taking on.

No obligation to Cruz after this year, and might thrive in Colorado's thin air

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it would cost to get CarGo

No... it would cost more than what you listed.

An aging RF coming off his worst offensive season yet, a 4th outfielder (mostly), and a good, young talented pitcher....is all its going to take to get CarGo????

Here is what is left on his contract.

2013-27---Colorado Rockies-$7,500,000
2014-28---Colorado Rockies-$10,500,000
2015-29---Colorado Rockies-$16,000,000
2016-30---Colorado Rockies-$17,000,000
2017-31---Colorado Rockies-$20,000,000

Either you're seriously undervaluing CG... or overvaluing Cruz/Murphy/Grimm

Not to mention... Cruz & Murphy have 1 year left on their contracts.

Now, if thats all you're willing to give up to get him....well, then I guess he'll be staying put in CO.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

while that may be true, I would think the Rockies would rather get another quality spec to build towards the future with over a one year replacement for Cargo in which they will still not be competitive. So it just becomes a waste

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

might give them some immediate production in CarGo's absence

Only way I make Perez available is in return for a SP like Price

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olt, Perez, Grimm, Sardinas....would also depend on how much salary we would be taking on.

More along the lines of what I was expecting to see....

Though they might want some ML ready talent (or proven ML talent) in addition to some prospects.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might give them some immediate production in CarGo's absence

Only way I make Perez available is in return for a SP like Price

Which would you be more willing to give up... Holland or Perez?

(not saying either would be moved this offseason... just hypothetical)

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would you be more willing to give up... Holland or Perez?

(not saying either would be moved this offseason... just hypothetical)

Holland can pack his bags now for all I care, so sick of seeing him pitch