• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Definitely as a receiver. Probably not as a blocker.

If that's the case I wouldn't wan him at all. The #3 TE isn't going to catch more than like 5 balls all year no matter who he is; he'll probably block the vast majority of the time he's on the field. A better-receiving #3 TE isn't worth a draft pick IMO.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If that's the case I wouldn't wan him at all. The #3 TE isn't going to catch more than like 5 balls all year no matter who he is; he'll probably block the vast majority of the time he's on the field. A better-receiving #3 TE isn't worth a draft pick IMO.

I'm projecting 2-3 years out, not looking at this next year. I'd see him as an eventual replacement for Davis.

It's also worth noting that McDonald entered the year as a pretty shaky blocker, but exited it a much more accomplished blocker than receiver. Though now they're going to have Mangini coaching them, so who knows?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ASJ was looked at as a potential first rounder a couple of years ago by a bunch of people, actually.

A lot of people had him as the top-rated TE in the draft in the offseason. He's a good prospect, and it'd be tempting to take him if he drops. He's not a special prospect by any means, IMO; but then again, neither was Vance McDonald.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So how are people not talking about Cyrus Kouandjio as one of the potential steals of this draft right now? Tackles like him usually don't get out of the top 15 picks, but most people have him going in the 2nd or even 3rd round due to a knee injury.

The Rams signed Jake Long to a long-term, 34-million dollar deal with a much worse injury risk. People on this board almost unanimously say Bowman will be back in all-pro' form eventually. How is there a question about Cyrus Kouandjio? Sure his level of play went down this year, but after he rides the pine for a year or 2 I don't see any reason he couldn't be ready get through an NFL season with his health in tact.

Am I missing something?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a huge fan of Shady. If what you say it true, some team is going to be very lucky.

Seastrunk = McCoy is one if not the worse player comparisons I have seen anyone made in the past 5 years of any position.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

The Lions are showing a "ton" of interest in Clemson WR Sammy Watkins, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.

Detroit is relatively barren at wide receiver behind Calvin Johnson, and Watkins' addition would immediately give them the league's best WR duo, so the report passes the sniff test. That said, Watkins won't be around at No. 10, so the Lions would need to consummate a trade to move into the top-5 to assure his services. For an already star-studded team that has more roster holes than the cosmos, it's probably not the best idea, fun as it would be to see.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 6 - 5:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So how are people not talking about Cyrus Kouandjio as one of the potential steals of this draft right now? Tackles like him usually don't get out of the top 15 picks, but most people have him going in the 2nd or even 3rd round due to a knee injury.

The Rams signed Jake Long to a long-term, 34-million dollar deal with a much worse injury risk. People on this board almost unanimously say Bowman will be back in all-pro' form eventually. How is there a question about Cyrus Kouandjio? Sure his level of play went down this year, but after he rides the pine for a year or 2 I don't see any reason he couldn't be ready get through an NFL season with his health in tact.

Am I missing something?

Cyrus Kouandjio - T - Crimson Tide

Dr. James Andrews will send a memo to NFL teams refuting a negative NFL Network report about Alabama OT Cyrus Kouandjio's knee.

"It came out he had a failed ACL surgery — that's not even close to the truth," Andrews, who works with the Tide program, said. "His performance at the combine had nothing to do with his knee situation, and that was blown way out of proportion and that's not fair to the kid." Andrews said there are "wear patterns" on the knee, but stressed that those were present throughout his collegiate career. It's nice that Andrews is trying to pitch in, but Kouandjio's stock remains in a free fall.
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Mar 6 - 5:37 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

NFL.com's Gil Brandt noted how "impressed" Bill Parcells was with Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater.

"Parcells met with Teddy Bridgewater for 4.5 hours in Florida. Very impressed with QB's humility, football knowledge, how well-spoken and secure he was," Brandt tweeted. Parcells told Brandt that he is currently operating as a courtesy consultant for the Cleveland Browns. Browns head coach Mike Pettine recently said that they did not interview any quarterbacks at the Combine, perhaps the Brown's were waiting for Bill Parcells to be involved with the process. We're sure Cleveland will do their due diligence, and meet with other QB prospects in the next couple of weeks. Rotoworld still stands firm that Teddy Bridgewater is the draft's No. 1 QB.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Mar 6 - 3:25 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They better! Or else they would be considered the laughing stock of the league for the next 10 years.

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Sports Talk 790's Lance Zierlein believes it looks more likely that the Texans will select a QB later in the draft rather than with the No. 1 pick.

Zierlein notes this would mean the Texans go with the best player (or grade) available, which would likely be Jadeveon Clowney. "Traits usually win out," Zierlein added. The possible second day quarterbacks include Fresno State's Derek Carr (outside shot), LSU's Zach Mettenberger, Alabama's AJ McCarron and Eastern Illinois' Jimmy Garoppolo.
Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

Mar 6 - 10:46 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Borland - LB - Badgers

Wisconsin LB Chris Borland ran two forty times of 4.84 and 4.87 seconds at the school's pro day.

He also posted a 35-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-8 broad jump. These two times are slightly slower than his official Combine time of 4.83 seconds, but Borland improved his vertical by four inches. Expect the longtime inside linebacker to be a second day pick.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 6 - 9:49 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

Texas A&M WR Mike Evans needs to work on his route running, says NFL Films' Greg Cosell.

Cosell said Evans ran "about three routes" with the Aggies and will need to work on the technical aspects of his game at the next level. "I think he has a lot of work to do," Cosell said. "I like Mike Evans, but in that offense, receivers need a lot of work when they get to the NFL." Evans is likely to land in the top-10 picks.
Source: Stationcaster

Mar 6 - 8:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - DB - Crimson Tide

NFL Films' Greg Cosell ranks Alabama S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix as his top-rated safety.

"I like that kid a lot," Cosell said, adding that Clinton-Dix is a "really fluid mover" with "loose hips" who can change directions quickly. "I really like the way he played downhill in the run game," Cosell said. Some now see Louisville's Calvin Pryor as the draft's best safety, but Rotoworld agrees with Cosell and prefers Clinton-Dix. The Crimson Tide star should be taken in the top-half of the first round.

Mar 6 - 8:13 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

Because the Rams employ a run-based offense, NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes they should take Auburn OT Greg Robinson at No. 2.

Cosell ranks the former Tigers' star as the draft's best OT prospect. At the moment, Robinson appears to be battling Texas A&M's Jake Matthews for St. Louis' affection at No. 2. Of course, the Rams will have plenty of suitors hoping to cut in line and trade up.

Mar 6 - 8:44 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno is much stronger IMO:

Aaron Donald - DL - Panthers

NFL Films' Greg Cosell compared Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald to Bengals DT Geno Atkins.

"He's a quick, penetrating, gap player," said Cosell, who cautioned that teams need to understand what Donald can and can't bring to the table before they draft him. "He's not a guy that's going to take on double teams," Cosell said. Although Donald's frame won't allow for that, he's a pocket collapsing DT. He is also NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock's top-ranked DT prospect.

Mar 6 - 7:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ra'Shede Hageman - DL - Golden Gophers

ESPN.com's Todd McShay called Minnesota DT Ra'Shede Hageman a "rare talent."

"Hageman has more 'wow' moments than any DT in class," McShay tweeted. "Pads rise way too often, motor runs hot-cold." Outside of Jadeveon Clowney, Hageman is as athletically gifted as any defensive line prospect. At 6-foot-6, 311-pounds, he runs a sub 5-second forty and is arguably versatile enough to play any DL position in any scheme. Some believe his best fit is as a 3-4 DE, while others see a pocket collapsing 4-3 DT. Some evaluators are spooked by his inconsistency, but keep in mind that Hageman was easily Minnesota's best defender and was often targeted with multiple blockers in Big 10 play.
Source: Todd McShay on Twitter

Mar 5 - 6:21 PM

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm projecting 2-3 years out, not looking at this next year. I'd see him as an eventual replacement for Davis.

It's also worth noting that McDonald entered the year as a pretty shaky blocker, but exited it a much more accomplished blocker than receiver. Though now they're going to have Mangini coaching them, so who knows?

Seeing talk about Davis being replaced makes me wonder, and I'm being serious here and unmocking, when would you trade Davis, Sickness? Has his peak or sufficient value passed, still pretty good deal-salvageable? Wait a year or two? Or too valuable for a normal trade? As you say, everyone (at least almost) is trade able if the compensation is high enough. I'm just talking about normal compensation, whatever that may be.