• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ive been doing a big board and I have it up to 25 with nfl comparisons. I'm actually having trouble with my Moncrief comparison (and yes, he is in my top 25). The best comparison I have is Alshon Jeffrey but its still a little bit off, imo

The best comparison that comes to mind for me is actually Cordarrelle Patterson. Maybe Roddy White.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best comparison that comes to mind for me is actually Cordarrelle Patterson. Maybe Roddy White.

Cordarelle Patterson is a bad comparison. He's on another stratosphere with the ball in his hands, returns, and runs out of the backfield, way more make you miss ability. Roddy White is a lot closer comp.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best comparison that comes to mind for me is actually Cordarrelle Patterson.
Hmmm..thats actually not too bad but still seems a bit off. The reason why I didn't like the Jeffrey comparison is because Jeffrey has developed ball skills in Chicago that he didn't have in South Carolina. Patterson is a bit more elusive than Moncrief and a better Yac'er but Moncrief is the same calibur of athlete.

I think Ill stick with the Jeffrey comparison for now

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cordarelle Patterson is a bad comparison. He's on another stratosphere with the ball in his hands, returns, and runs out of the backfield, way more make you miss ability. Roddy White is a lot closer comp.

I don't know about that. I think Tennessee just used Patterson differently than Ole Miss used Moncrief. Plus Tennessee also had Justin Hunter to play the traditional wide out role, which Ole Miss needed Moncrief to play.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I think Tennessee just used Patterson differently than Ole Miss used Moncrief. Plus Tennessee also had Justin Hunter to play the traditional wide out role, which Ole Miss needed Moncrief to play.

Sick just trust me. Moncrief isn't gonna blow up ankles and break femurs like Patterson did on the regular. I stand by my statement last season that CP is one of the best WRs I have seen with the ball in his hands. Unbelievable moves and ability.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee didn't really use Patterson. They just unleashed him. Against Mizzou, Tennessee used Patterson a lot like Ole Miss used Moncrief. They difference was Tennessee had Justin Hunter taking attention away from Patterson which left Mizzou very vulnerable against Patterson when our guys missed the first tackle. When we played Ole Miss, we just locked in on Moncrief and he didn't do much of anything, IIRC.

Patterson has much more raw agility.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man has some reeeedic runs in here. Kills me to watch him doing this on a team I don't root for. UGH.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wow all my favourite prospects (most) are injured. Easley, Tuitt & now Verrett. Could this push him back into the middle of round 2?

I still want Roby, but it just keeps making more sense to draft Verrett. He's the most NFL-ready; his coverage skills are second to nobody in this draft, and he might be there in round 2. And he probably wouldn't have to start right away, so they could work him into the lineup slowly.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verrett should be ready to play when the season starts. I wouldn't be against the Rams drafting him at 13. If he lasts till the 2nd round after the year the Honey Badger had on the Cardinals, Id be stunned.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors starting to come out that Houston has decided to go with Clowney as the first overall pick. Which makes all the sense in the world. The pass rush they will get with Watt and Clowney will be scarey.