• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmie Ward - DB - Huskies

Northern Illinois S Jimmie Ward is now the third ranked prospect at the position, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.

Ward surpassed Deone Bucannon (No. 4) and Lamarcus Joyner (No. 5) on the rankings. He is still squarely behind Alabama's Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Louisville's Calvin Pryor on nearly everyone's rankings, but Rotoworld's Josh Norris sees Pyror and Ward on nearly the same level. Do not be surprised if the NIU Husky is a first-round pick.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 4 - 10:11 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Close, but not quite. Tavon is more deadlier in the open field. Tavon is a better RB. Cooks is better when the ball is in the air fighting with DBs for positioning. Cooks is harder to jam. Tavon is a much better special teams player. Cooks is a better blocker. However, they do have the same demeanor / swag on the field. Level of trash talking is so identical.

Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

The MMQB's Peter King noted that Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks reminded him of a "more physical" Tavon Austin.

After King watched three of Cooks' 2013 games—against Cal, Stanford and USC, he noted: "Cooks reminded me of the West Virginia all-purpose weapon, Tavon Austin, who was the only rusher/receiver picked in the top half of the first round of the 2013 draft." ESPN's Mel Kiper also made a similar comparison, calling Cooks a "more athletic" Tavon Austin. Our own Josh Norris continues to compare Cooks' skill set to Victor Cruz. While Cooks may get the "slot receiver" label he has the versatility to play inside and out at the next level.
Source: The MMQB

Mar 3 - 11:53 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Donald - DL - Panthers

Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald is now NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock's top prospect at the position.

Donald surpasses Notre Dame's Louis Nix, who falls to No. 3, and FSU's Timmy Jerniagn, who stands at No. 2. Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman is No. 4 on Mayock's list while South Carolina's Kelcy Quarles debuts at No. 5, meaning Florida's Dominique Easley is the odd man out.

Mar 4 - 9:49 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like this kid. I hope he gets drafted.

Henry Josey - RB - Tigers

Missouri RB Henry Josey said his knee checked out during medical examinations at the NFL Combine.

Josey returned from a catastrophic knee injury last season and led the Tigers with 1,166 yards rushing and 16 touchdowns. "The doctors were so excited about how stable my knee was and how it looked," he said. "They were asking me who my doctor was and who trained me. I knew that God wouldn't bring me this far to leave me. They all wanted to know, 'How did you do that?'" Josey clocked the third-fastest forty time amongst running backs in Indy with a 4.43 showing. The 5-foot-8, 194-pound runner is hoping to hear his name called on the draft's third day.

Mar 3 - 8:41 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - Tigers

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah propelled LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. from No. 40 to 19 in his prospect rankings.

While teammate Jarvis Landry watches his draft stock plummet, Beckham has seen his surge in recent weeks. The reason? Landry struggled at the combine, while Beckham (5-foot-11 1/4 and 198 pounds) dominated, posting an unofficial forty time of 4.31 and a 10-yard split of 1.50 seconds. "Beckham is a very productive receiver and returner. He is very sudden in his release and explodes out of the break point. He has strong hands to pluck the ball outside of his frame and is dangerous after the catch," wrote Jeremiah. "As a returner, he is very elusive and has the speed to go the distance."

Mar 3 - 7:49 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Don't like Pryor Sick?

I like Pryor a little more than Whitner, but their strengths & weaknesses are similar. Maybe Pryor's a slightly-more-well-off man's Whitner.

But I don't think he's going to be great by any means, and he's going to be picked way too high for me to want the Niners to draft him.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Holy shit I had a dream the other night we moved up to 7 and drafted Clowney because he was still there... I too have never dreamt about the draft or football for that matter...:wtf2:

Now that you mention it, it's weird that I've never dreamt about anything sports-related. I spend so much of my life focusing on sports too.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kelvin Benjamin = Ladarius Green

Brandin Cooks = Kevin Curtis upgrade

Marqise Lee = Kendall Wright

Calvin Pryor = ...Sean Taylor

Odell Beckham = Emmanuel Sanders

Allen Robinson = Michael Crabtree/Keenan Allen

Lache Seastrunk = LeSean McCoy

Dri Archer = Tavon Austin

I'm a huge fan of Shady. If what you say it true, some team is going to be very lucky.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Now that you mention it, it's weird that I've never dreamt about anything sports-related. I spend so much of my life focusing on sports too.

It is weird. I hope I keep dreaming about football or baseball for that matter. Hate that I dream about work. I hate work. These need to be switched.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry - WR - Tigers

When asked about WRs who project best to the slot, NFL Films' Greg Cosell said he believes LSU's Jarvis Landry will absolutely be a terrific player in the NFL.

"And I think the slot is where he will do most of his work," Cosell added. The respected NFL analyst then suggested names like Brandin Cooks and Josh Huff of Oregon. "There's plenty of guys in this draft that can fill that role." Our own Josh Norris thinks Landry could be this year's example of Andre Ellington, in terms of evaluators freaking out about Combine times and results while overlooking a quality player.
Source: ESPN

Feb 28 - 11:26 AM

I agree with Gregory on Landry there. BFD that he had a crappy 40 time. Here's the link to the interview:

Greg Cosell, NFL - ESPN

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with Gregory on Landry there. BFD that he had a crappy 40 time. Here's the link to the interview:

Greg Cosell, NFL - ESPN

The problem is it's not just his 40 time. All of his numbers were bad. It's possible that the other tests were affected by an injury he suffered during the forty, but he didn't have a single test that was even above average. If he's there in the fourth or fifth I'd consider him, but probably not before that.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers and Patriots met with Mike Evans today

49ers talking about moving into top 10 to draft him per ESPN

My second favorite player. Only Clowney is higher ranked for me

If this happens I'd have a heart attack

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

That would piss me off. Donte Moncrief's a better prospect, and he's ranked in the 2nd round.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not a fan of moving up inside the top10 unless its for Clowney who would have to fall. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of a deep draft to give away all the draft picks to move up that far. It would take a lot of assets to get a player who is probably only slightly better than who we would be with a less aggressive move up...like the 16-25 range. Hope this is just a rumor.:gaah:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That would piss me off. Donte Moncrief's a better prospect, and he's ranked in the 2nd round.

Monchief's good and all, but he doesn't have near the ball skills as many of the WRs projected to go in the first 3 rounds

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft comparisons!

Trent Murphy: LaMarr Woodley. If Murphy falls to round 2 like Woodley NFL teams will regret it.

Stephon Tuitt: Greg Hardy. Tall, long arms, powerful & fast.

Bradley Roby: Adam (Pac Man) Jones. Not personality-wise.

Brandin Cooks: Desean Jackson.

Marqise Lee: Rich man's Mario Manningham.

Dominique Easley: Derek Wolfe

Ra'Shede Hageman: poor man's Kevin Williams.

Calvin Pryor: Donte Whitner

Any others?
Ive been doing a big board and I have it up to 25 with nfl comparisons. I'm actually having trouble with my Moncrief comparison (and yes, he is in my top 25). The best comparison I have is Alshon Jeffrey but its still a little bit off, imo

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The value of moving up and losing multiple draft picks isn't worth it. For the pick the 9ers would get they would be losing a whole lot more. This if they did this they would lose out on a top CB, WR, and NT/WR/CB When its a deep draft like it is, its best to stock pile picks in the 2nd and 3rd round. Sick has been saying this and I completely agree