• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's no midget like T.Y., he's more of a Jeremy Maclin. He was the primary focus for the defense and still just look how much he separates from defenders. His main flaw are his small hands, which is the reason for his high drop percentage, but just imagine the kind of yardage this guy could have had if he held onto those balls.

Jeremy Maclin is an inch taller and outweighs him by 23lbs. T.Y. Hilton, as small as he is outweighs Richardson by 3lbs. He's no Jeremy Maclin sir.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Logan Thomas - QB - Player

Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas registered 60 miles per hour on the Combine's radar gun, the best mark at the 2014 Combine.

Miami's Stephen Morris came in second at 59 mph. While the statistic is interesting, we have a hard time arriving at any conclusions from the data. Mark Sanchez threw at 57 mph at the 2009 Combine, despite an average arm. Cam Newton and Joe Flacco have cannons, but were clocked at 56 and 55 mph, respectively. Thomas remains an intriguing mid- to late-round project.
Source: Ourlads Blog

Mar 2 - 6:06 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Are there any late-round TEs you like in this draft as possible projects? Maybe a guy similar to Ladarius Green, who was drafted late but has some good up side? I've kind of ignored the TEs in this draft because it's not really a need.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeremy Maclin is an inch taller and outweighs him by 23lbs. T.Y. Hilton, as small as he is outweighs Richardson by 3lbs. He's no Jeremy Maclin sir.

If they're both undersized vertical threats, then height is more of a factor than weight.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't agree with that

I don't think I phrased it correctly. When I said undersized I meant guys with small frames. So a guy like Justin Hunter who weighed 196 at the combine is a guy that would fall into my undersized category. You can't tell me that he's similar to a WR that weighs the same amount but doesn't have near the height as Hunter is a similar player, such as Jeremy Maclin

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Are there any late-round TEs you like in this draft as possible projects? Maybe a guy similar to Ladarius Green, who was drafted late but has some good up side? I've kind of ignored the TEs in this draft because it's not really a need.

I've heard some positive things about Xavier Grimble. Kind of slipped through the cracks at USC with their offensive struggles (and their receivers demanding more targets). I think some people were surprised he came out after very modest production. I should clarify that I really haven't seen much of him at all, this is all based off chatting with friends who can watch more college ball than me. But they generally seemed to think he could be a later-round/developmental type.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've heard some positive things about Xavier Grimble. Kind of slipped through the cracks at USC with their offensive struggles (and their receivers demanding more targets). I think some people were surprised he came out after very modest production. I should clarify that I really haven't seen much of him at all, this is all based off chatting with friends who can watch more college ball than me. But they generally seemed to think he could be a later-round/developmental type.

Also, his cousin is Barkevious Mingo. So, good genes?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Watching a few cutups of Grimble, he really isn't as athletic as I was led to believe. He's tough to bring down after the catch, but I was expecting more seam stretching ability.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Couldn't sleep, so I did a Niners' draft. This may be optimistic, but it's what I'd like to see happen:

*Trade 30 for late 2nd & a 1st in 2015
*Trade Titans' 3rd + Niners' 2nd for around 40th pick.
Trade late 2nd + Niners' 3rd + 6th & 7th for around pick 43 or so

40) Bradley Roby
43) Stephon Tuitt
56) Donte Moncrief
3rd round comp: Dominique Easley
4) Seantrel Henderson
5) EJ Gaines
7a) Ronald Powell
7b) Connor Shaw

Voilà! I would take this draft up to Vegas and elope with it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't sleep, so I did a Niners' draft. This may be optimistic, but it's what I'd like to see happen:

*Trade 30 for late 2nd & a 1st in 2015
*Trade Titans' 3rd + Niners' 2nd for around 40th pick.
Trade late 2nd + Niners' 3rd + 6th & 7th for around pick 43 or so

40) Bradley Roby
43) Stephon Tuitt
56) Donte Moncrief
3rd round comp: Dominique Easley
4) Seantrel Henderson
5) EJ Gaines
7a) Ronald Powell
7b) Connor Shaw

Voilà! I would take this draft up to Vegas and elope with it.

So you re-signed Whitner?