• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've heard this from another poster as well. Anyone have any insight on why it may not be a 3rd round pick?

It better not be a 4th... I was more or less stating that from that posters opinion.. I would damn well hope so we get a 3rd

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard this from another poster as well. Anyone have any insight on why it may not be a 3rd round pick?

It is a crazy formula that isn't exactly cut and dry. The consensus is no later than a 4th though. So look at a third as a bonus. :)

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is a crazy formula that isn't exactly cut and dry. The consensus is no later than a 4th though. So look at a third as a bonus. :)

Ahh gotcha. We'd make a killing with three 3rd round picks, so I'm going to be praying to the NFL gods :pray:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steelers' GM Colbert: This is most immature draft class I've seen - NFL.com

The topic of immaturity is one of the most underreported and one of the last things many fans think of when they discuss a draft class. It's a subject that fascinates me as many of you may have seen. The number of immature kids I've seen going from the college to the pro game for many years now is ridiculous. It drives me crazy honestly. I just can't find myself to root for a high percentage of these kids these days and it's becoming more and more rare to find a true good one IMO.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The topic of immaturity is one of the most underreported and one of the last things many fans think of when they discuss a draft class. It's a subject that fascinates me as many of you may have seen. The number of immature kids I've seen going from the college to the pro game for many years now is ridiculous. It drives me crazy honestly. I just can't find myself to root for a high percentage of these kids these days and it's becoming more and more rare to find a true good one IMO.

getoffpozzslawn.jpeg

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the same feeling too, and I honestly think this class is vastly overrated by how some are talking about it.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ben Albright:

Per @TonyPauline "At last count at least 17 QB coaches polled at the combine rank Derek Carr over Johnny Manziel."

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel twice as old as my age and my wife will back me up on that haha.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Albright:

Per @TonyPauline "At last count at least 17 QB coaches polled at the combine rank Derek Carr over Johnny Manziel."

I don't have any QBs this year in the top-10 (or even 15) but Carr is the top guy this year, IMO. And I agree with those coaches.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree with Carr.. I am not sure on him over Teddy B.. But I do like him over Buhlake Borhtles. And def agree on Manziel behind Carr.

Manziel is so inconsistent and relies on such a different game than either Russell Wilson or Drew Brees

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Donald - DL - Panthers

Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald had the best combine performance of any defensive lineman, according to CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman.

"I saw people make comparisons to Geno Atkins and Hall of Famer John Randle. That's impressive company," wrote Feldman. The 6-foot, 285-pound Donald clocked a 4.68 official forty, had his Stretch Armstrong arms measure in at 32 5/8 inches, and somehow threw up 35 reps on the bench anyway. "The guy is [an] absolute beast," one NFL scout said. "He's relentless. I would've hated to play against this guy."
Source: CBS Sports

Feb 27 - 8:49 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Gilbert - DB - Cowboys

CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman believes Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert will be the top corner picked.

"I'm a big Darqueze Dennard fan," Feldman began. "He's physical and tough and was as close to a lock-down corner as we get in college football, but after watching the DBs group in Indy, I suspect Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert will be the top corner picked. He measured at over 6-feet and weighed 202 while running 4.37. He also has terrific film." Gilbert led the Big 12 with six interceptions in a resurgent 2013 campaign. Many evaluators have him as the top cornerback in this class.

Feb 27 - 8:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jordan Matthews - WR - Commodores

Missouri CB E.J. Gaines called Vanderbilt WR Jordan Matthews the best wide receiver he faced in his career.

This is interesting because Gaines has squared off against some of the best wide receivers in the nation during his career in both the Big 12 and SEC. In 2013, it should be noted, Gaines matched up across from Texas A&M's Mike Evans. "Matthews may be the most underrated in the [wide receiver] group," wrote CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman. "He's 6-3, 212, has huge hands and ran in the mid 4.4s. The guy made a ton of plays in the SEC despite being the main focus of rival teams and he was on one of the few teams that didn't have a standout QB."

Feb 27 - 8:19 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman doesn't believe South Carolina edge player Jadeveon Clowney's low number of reps (21) benching 225 pounds should concern anyone.

"Clowney basically repped the same number on the bench as two of the NFL's top pass-rushers this year, Robert Quinn and Greg Hardy," wrote Feldman. "And Clowney is even more explosive than they are. I do think his lack of effort at times is cause for concern, but for those saying he is just a workout warrior, keep in mind he averaged 0.67 sacks a game in his college career -- only two other active college players were higher in 2013, as South Carolina's Charles Bloom pointed out." Clowney's official forty time clocked 4.53 seconds, his two unofficial times were 4.47 and 4.48 seconds, and his 10-yard splits were 1.56 and 1.59 seconds. Calling him a "freak athlete" at this point is trite. He embodies the next evolution of human athleticism.

Feb 27 - 7:42 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Aaron Donald - DL - Panthers

Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald had the best combine performance of any defensive lineman, according to CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman.

"I saw people make comparisons to Geno Atkins and Hall of Famer John Randle. That's impressive company," wrote Feldman. The 6-foot, 285-pound Donald clocked a 4.68 official forty, had his Stretch Armstrong arms measure in at 32 5/8 inches, and somehow threw up 35 reps on the bench anyway. "The guy is [an] absolute beast," one NFL scout said. "He's relentless. I would've hated to play against this guy."

Feb 27 - 8:49 PM

Everything in this post is true except the bold. Stretch Armstrong arms? Is this guy kidding? 32 5/8 is below average for D-lineman arm length. Where do people come up with this stuff?