• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear if the Rams draft Watkins I will be so pissed off and upset for the next 10 years when we play them

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I swear if the Rams draft Watkins I will be so pissed off and upset for the next 10 years when we play them

they are in great position no matter who they draft, or great position if they trade down.

all we can do is maximize our own picks and fortunately, it is a deep draft. good players will trickle down further than typical.

as it turns out, the strongest positions also match our biggest needs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

You're afraid of the wrong player. I'll take Watkins on the Rams any day over having to play Greg Robinson or Jadaveon Clownyey.

Watkins even has competition for the best receiver in the draft. I'd be just as afraid of facing Brandin Cooks (maybe more so).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I always liked Terrence Brooks' play at FSU. He's been really good in both coverage and tackling. But after the combine I have to say he's right there with Ha Ha & Calvin Pryor IMO.

The bleacher report has him going in the 3rd round. Yet another one of my favourites slotted to go in the 3rd round. :drool:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Re: Bleacher report's mock

Morgan Breslin in the 7th round is amazing value.
Ronald Powell would be nice in the 6th too. I think there's room for 2 OLBs on the roster.
Seantrel Henderson in the 6th would be amazing.

EJ Gained & Donte Moncrief in the 4th? :what: That'd be a gift.

Kareem Martin in the 4th would be a steal.
Kyle Fuller at 42? Yikes! That'd be awesome.
They still have Marqise Lee going in the 1st. I don't think that'll happen. I say he goes in the 2nd.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They need an oline and QB first.

Yeah, Watkins for the Rams wouldn't bother me all that much. He seems pretty similar - granted likely better - than Austin. They'd have a backlog of players at WR, but would be lacking talent at other spots. I can live with that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Watkins for the Rams wouldn't bother me all that much. He seems pretty similar - granted likely better - than Austin. They'd have a backlog of players at WR, but would be lacking talent at other spots. I can live with that.

You're looking at it in a short term. Austin, Watkins, Jared Cooks with a QB like Jameis Winston would make me cry. Next year's QB class will be DEEP, and the Rams have a long term plan in place if Bradford fails in his last audition to make a statement in 2014.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Garrett Gilbert - QB - Mustangs

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes that SMU senior QB Garrett Gilbert is the best quarterback that didn't attend the Combine.

"Best QB NOT at combine: SMU's Garrett Gilbert. Pro day is 3/28," Brandt tweeted. Before getting hurt late in the season he put up some numbers(3,528 yard passing,21 TDs, 267 yards rushing and 6 rushing TDs). Gilbert has the ideal size to play at the next level(6-feet-4, 223 pounds), and flashes athletic ability and arm strength. He'll have an opportunity to impress the scouts at his pro-day on March 28th.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Feb 26 - 5:24 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Garrett Gilbert - QB - Mustangs

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes that SMU senior QB Garrett Gilbert is the best quarterback that didn't attend the Combine.

"Best QB NOT at combine: SMU's Garrett Gilbert. Pro day is 3/28," Brandt tweeted. Before getting hurt late in the season he put up some numbers(3,528 yard passing,21 TDs, 267 yards rushing and 6 rushing TDs). Gilbert has the ideal size to play at the next level(6-feet-4, 223 pounds), and flashes athletic ability and arm strength. He'll have an opportunity to impress the scouts at his pro-day on March 28th.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Feb 26 - 5:24 PM

I know quite a few people who I could see saying the same thing or having him RIGHT near the top of non-combine QBs. I also know a ton of people who don't like right him as presently made up and wouldn't draft him at all.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have many "dislikes" in this draft, but here are a few of 'em post-combine:

David Yankey
Deone Bucannon. And it's not just because of how he spells Deone .
Clinton Dix. Not as good as advertised IMO.
Darqueze Dennard. He's good, but not #2 CB off the board good IMO.
Derek Carr. Just don't think he's any good. I'd take a flyer in the later rounds, but the fact that he's being talked about as a first round pick sounds like Christian Ponder 2.0

Carr is Ponder 2.0? Woah, not even close. I don't see the comparison there.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're looking at it in a short term. Austin, Watkins, Jared Cooks with a QB like Jameis Winston would make me cry. Next year's QB class will be DEEP, and the Rams have a long term plan in place if Bradford fails in his last audition to make a statement in 2014.

Jared Cook doesn't scare me. The Rams are likely to get a good player with the second pick. If that's the case, I'd rather they use it on Watkins than strengthen another position.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So the bleacher report's mock had Jeff Janis going in the 5th round. I don't really watch any division 2 football, so I've never seen the guy play. But we've seen a few small school WRs do pretty well in the NFL right? Career leaders In receiving yardage for wide receivers by school:

Mississippi Valley State
Tennessee Chattanooga
Marshall
Memphis
Notre Dame (well maybe not that one).

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So the bleacher report's mock had Jeff Janis going in the 5th round. I don't really watch any division 2 football, so I've never seen the guy play. But we've seen a few small school WRs do pretty well in the NFL right? Career leaders In receiving yardage for wide receivers by school:

Mississippi Valley State
Tennessee Chattanooga
Marshall
Memphis
Notre Dame (well maybe not that one).

yea I don't get the non love for Janis.. Good size/speed/hands... Seems to run good routes against bad players..

If we end up getting a 4th rounder in comp for GOldson (BS btw if that happens), I would really like our 4th round to go Aaron Colvin and then Jeff Janis

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yea I don't get the non love for Janis.. Good size/speed/hands... Seems to run good routes against bad players..

If we end up getting a 4th rounder in comp for GOldson (BS btw if that happens), I would really like our 4th round to go Aaron Colvin and then Jeff Janis

I've heard this from another poster as well. Anyone have any insight on why it may not be a 3rd round pick?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be worried if the Rams draft Clowney. The DL would cause nightmares for any OLine. Just imagine Quinn, Long and Clowney and possibly adding another defensive standout with pick #13.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would be worried if the Rams draft Clowney. The DL would cause nightmares for any OLine. Just imagine Quinn, Long and Clowney and possibly adding another defensive standout with pick #13.

don't forget about Michael Brockers who they took in the first round of the 2011 draft when they traded back from the redskins pick