• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Panthers

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler tweeted there has been "first round" talk about Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo amongst NFL evaluators.

"I told you guys back in Oct. that there was some "1st round" talk with Garoppolo among NFL guys. Doesn't mean it'll happen, but def possible," Brugler tweeted. Rotoworld's Josh Norris loves Garoppolo's quick feet, quick eyes, quick release and believes that a second day selection is within reach for Garoppolo.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Feb 24 - 4:59 PM

Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Panthers

Former Colts GM Bill Polian said that he projects Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo as a first-round pick.

Polian's pedigree demands that this evaluation be taken seriously, and the former Colts boss certainly isn't alone in viewing Garoppolo as a first-round talent. In fact, CBS Sports' Dane Brugler reported earlier in the day that NFL evaluators had been discussing Garoppolo as a potential first rounder. While we wouldn't personally invest a first-round pick in this signal caller, we understand how someone could talk themselves into doing so. The 6-foot-2, 219-pound Garoppolo makes quick decisions, gets the ball out quickly, employs technically sound footwork and works through his projections well. He has two giant red flags that will likely keep him out of the first stanza: Garoppolo doesn't possess a bazooka arm, and he's shown a propensity to get frazzled under pressure.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Feb 24 - 6:21 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup, this is one of the talented players that will fall to us in the 2nd round. The only issue I have with him is his age.

Ra'Shede Hageman - DL - Golden Gophers

Minnesota DT Ra'Shede Hageman ran an official 5.02 second forty at the NFL Scouting Combine.

He clocked a 4.97 on an unofficial run. Hageman is an eye-of-the-beholder prospect. Some say he's boom-or-bust, while others say that a player who plays as high as he does can't hold down the interior. Some disregard him due to his age (he'll be 24 as a rookie) or inconsistency, while others watch tape of a 6-foot-6, 311-pound monster who at times single-handedly caved in offensive lines as one of the Gophers' only standout defenders. Is Hageman little more than a five-technique defensive end who can hold the edge? Or will he develop into an interior pass-rushing menace? This is why GMs are paid the big bucks, folks.

Feb 24 - 7:47 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yup, this is one of the talented players that will fall to us in the 2nd round.

As great of a pick as that would be, I think the Niners could get better value than that. I actually thin in the long run Tuitt & Easley will be better players than Hageman, and the Niners could pick either one up at a bargain basement price due to injuries.

I'd take a pass on Hageman. He's a top 40 pick IMO, and that's a high price to pay when there are players like Roby, ODB, Verrett, Moncrief, Joyner, Roberson or the ability to trade down for a center there. JMHO.

I wouldn't be mad at that pick though.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't go back to read but...............isn't he talking about IF we wait till our 2nd round pick, #56?

that would be 56 - 32 = 24 picks into the 2nd round. I would think another WR or two will go off the board in that span?

Thanks Deep, that's exactly what I meant.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well crap. Bradley Roby showed insane acceleration today. He might not be there at 30. :(

Jason Verrett
did too, but teams might shy away from him due to his size.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well crap. Bradley Roby showed insane acceleration today. He might not be there at 30. :(

Jason Verrett
did too, but teams might shy away from him due to his size.

Come on, we all knew Roby would blaze. I thought he would run even faster than that. The guys ability to come from the behind the play and the oppposite side of the field and catch someone to prevent a TD is INSANE.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sweet! Lamarcus Joyner had a bad 40 time. Late 2nd round for him now??? Maybe even 3rd?

Clinton-Dix never impressed me as much as he did most people, and he didn't change my mind with his 4.58. 10 yard splits aren't listed yet.

Same with Calvin Pryor.

Loucheiz Purifoy may have tanked into the late 3rd round now. Maybe even the 4th. He's super raw in his technique, he got beat up by a lot of receivers this year, and apparently he's not as quick as advertised. :think:

Jaylen Watkins, on the other hand, did great at the combine.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Come on, we all knew Roby would blaze. I thought he would run even faster than that. The guys ability to come from the behind the play and the oppposite side of the field and catch someone to prevent a TD is INSANE.

I knew he'd be fast, but I was hoping he's sputter. He's tied with Jeff Janis for the 3rd fastest 10 yard split at het combine (0.01 seconds behind 2 RBs).

Still might be there at 30 if teams are stupid.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet! Lamarcus Joyner had a bad 40 time. Late 2nd round for him now??? Maybe even 3rd?

Clinton-Dix never impressed me as much as he did most people, and he didn't change my mind with his 4.58. 10 yard splits aren't listed yet.

Same with Calvin Pryor.

Loucheiz Purifoy may have tanked into the late 3rd round now. Maybe even the 4th. He's super raw in his technique, he got beat up by a lot of receivers this year, and apparently he's not as quick as advertised. :think:

Roberson killed himself as well. That Pro Day is gonna be huge.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
SJB with a 41 1/2 inch vertical. Yikes!

He had a slow 40 (4.61) but a fast 10 (1.55). This probably means he's a better fit at CB than safety.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Same with Calvin Pryor.

10-yard splits are going to be hard to come by because they didn't do a good job of showing a number of them. All of them won't be out until they release the MASTER report but most fans don't get to see that so many fans will be operating without the ability to look at many 10 times. Keep in mind these 10 times that are posted are hand timed and vary greatly. Electronic 10-times are only included in the MASTER report.

Clinton-Dix, by the way, had a 1.56 on his first 40 where he ran an unofficial 4.52. (4.58 official)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We need a vertical threat, he doesn't necessarily have to be fast; if a-rob, m Bryant, Paul richardson, or Jordan Matthews
I'd be fine with any of them

That's fair. Although Kap doesn't throw a great jump-ball, which I think hurts a bigger but slower deep threat. We need someone to stretch the field. Their precise physical dimensions/combine numbers are less important to me than their ability to make plays down the field.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's fair. Although Kap doesn't throw a great jump-ball, which I think hurts a bigger but slower deep threat. We need someone to stretch the field. Their precise physical dimensions/combine numbers are less important to me than their ability to make plays down the field.

To me this drives the need for not a big physical bodied player a la Evans/Benjamin, but for a more explosive/speed oriented a la Watkins/Brooks.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Beckham and Moncrief because they can make plays, break tackles and be threats as a 2nd WR. Cooks brings a different dimension but would have no problem taking him either. We can use him a lot and integrate him into the offense with fly sweeps and different looks. I wouldn't see him disappearing in this offense like Jenkins did because this guy can actually play. The draft where we took Jenkins and James was a much weaker draft and those picks were pressed to make something happen out of nothing. There were other good players available but Baalke swung for the fences and struck out on both of those picks in search of speed. I agree this draft has legit speed threats that we can use.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just realized that Bradley Roby only out-weighs Jason Verrett by 5 pounds (although it would be more like 8 pounds if Verrett got a freekin' hair cut). And that's stretched over 2 more inches.

Roby has a longer reach too, so it's something; but as far as mass / height Verrett actually has more.

I wonder why Roby hits so much harder. I guess Roby's just more fearless in tackling.

All in all I'm starting to think Verrett is the better prospect.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, Justin Gilbert is completely out of reach right now (my #1 CB). Bradley Roby (my #2 CB) would be a nice consolation prize if we went the DB route, but he might not be there either.

Matthews, Gilbert, and Roby are three of the top guys I wanted in the first.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Welp, Justin Gilbert is completely out of reach right now (my #1 CB). Bradley Roby (my #2 CB) would be a nice consolation prize if we went the DB route, but he might not be there either.

Matthews, Gilbert, and Roby are three of the top guys I wanted in the first.

How many guys who were projected in the top-30 going into this week have fallen out of it? Seems like most of the guys who were highly regarded going into the combine performed well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Another advantage Verrett has over Roby: no off field issues. Wasn't Roby suspended for something?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He was at a bar or club and somebody started a fight with him. He was cleared by video but Urban suspended him anyway for putting himself in that situation.