• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Khalil Mack - LB - Bulls

NFL Media draft analyst Mike Mayock stated that if he had a choice he would take Buffalo edge player Khalil Mack over South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney.

"You talk about a kid like (Jadeveon) Clowney, who's just got superhuman abilities, versus this kid, and if I had a choice between the two, I think I'm taking Mack," Mayock said. The 6-foot-3 and 248 pound Mack, is a prototype OLB in a 3-4, but he also would fit as a "Sam" LB in a 4-3. Our own Josh Norris has been a long time supporter of Mack, who is currently No. 3 on Norris' Top 50 board.
Source: NFL.com

Feb 21 - 8:58 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah. He's a student of the game. He does the little thing that coaches wish all 11 of their starters posses. He's so coachable - receptive towards learning even during his off days. Unlike Moncrief, he's not an athletic stud playing receiver, instead he's a kid who was groomed ever since he was a kid to become a receiver just like his cousin Jerry Rice. I hate posting highlights by the eye in the sky does not lie. He's vey productive for a reason.

What does any of this have to do with comparing game speed?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marqise Lee - WR - Trojans

USC WR Marqise Lee arrived at the Combine at 5-foot-11 and 3/4 inches and 192 pounds.

Lee also has 9 1/2 inch hands and 31 and 3/4 inch arms. The Trojans receiver had a drop rate of 12.31 percent, which was higher than his previous seasons. Our own Josh Norris would not be surprised if Lee is currently sitting outside of the first-round and looking in.
Source: NFL.com

Feb 21 - 2:58 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BINGO'S
Watkins
Lee
Cooks
Beckham

Both of you are forgetting A-Rob :L

Mike Evans }
Allen Robinson } These could all change over the weekend but these are my locks for top 3.
Sammy Watkins }
Martavis Bryant (assuming he runs under a 4.45)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - Tigers

LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. measured in at 5 feet 11 and 1/4 inches and 198 pounds at the NFL Combine.

Beckham Jr. checks in under six feet tall, but he goes up and gets it at the catch point with the best of them. Add on his ability to create separation on the ground with agility and explosion, and Beckham Jr. has a great shot to be the No. 3 receiver off the board.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Feb 21 - 11:07 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I had no idea James Hurst was in this draft class. I just noticed his name in the combine list. For some reason I thought he had another year of eligibility & went back to school for some reason.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kid is so underrated.

You said he has coachability, that's some great coaching him and his agent did to make such a knockout opening presentation to the NFL. The problem is, is that Matthews has already peaked. If he runs under a 4.55 call me impressed. He can refine his route running all he wants, his physical limitations really hold him back. He never sets up and beats DBs with his moves, they're always draped on him. He doesn't have any suddenness in his game. I can see him being a #2 in the NFL for a team like the Lions, but he's going to need an elite receiver working opposite of him if he's going to be successful.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You said he has coachability, that's some great coaching him and his agent did to make such a knockout opening presentation to the NFL. The problem is, is that Matthews has already peaked. If he runs under a 4.55 call me impressed. He can refine his route running all he wants, his physical limitations really hold him back. He never sets up and beats DBs with his moves, they're always draped on him. He doesn't have any suddenness in his game. I can see him being a #2 in the NFL for a team like the Lions, but he's going to need an elite receiver working opposite of him if he's going to be successful.

That's a fair assessment 1z. If you look at my WR rankings, he was not listed in my top 5 - not necessarily for the same reasons that you have stated (peaked, physical limitations) but only because of his lack of elite / top end speed. Again, I somewhat agree with your last statement (reason why I rate him as a 2nd rounder) because everyone knows that I love speed when it comes to the WR position (Calvin, Percy, Patterson, Austin, Watkins, Jones, Cooks, etc.). However, the man knows how to get open and has the instincts that you cannot teach in terms of knowing how to find the soft spot, beat press coverage, and create space between he and a defender who is much faster than he. I believe he can do anything Malcom Floyd can do on the field, and he was a 1st rounder for the Cards. Floyd is paying huge dividends for the Cards as a #2 receiver. Some borderline #1 receivers like Floyd and Jeffery of the Bears are best served as being #2 receivers within their respective teams. Someone like Cam Newton would be ecstatic if he had someone like Matthews playing with him opposite of Steve Smith. Browns could also get him in the 2nd round that would form a dynamic duo between he and Gordon, taking the league by surprise.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well there goes that talk (forget who was suggesting it) about Trent Murphy adding weight to become a DE. He came in at 250. Dude's an OLB for a 3-4 team.

Great prospect. I think he'll end up going in the first round to a smart team like the Ravens or something.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yikes. Ronald Powell came in at 237 pounds. Same weight as Ryan Shazier. Powell could end up going in the 6th or 7th round. Maybe undrafted.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Will Sutton with T-rex-like arms. That's no gonna help him.

Stephon Tuitt, on the other hand, has almost 35 inch arms. I've been saying all year this guy is GROSSLY underrated. I'd kill to get him at 30, but he won't be there. :(

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Timmy Jernigan (a guy I've called overrated all season) came in with really short arms.

Louis Nix
(my guy) had great measurements. So did Aaron Lynch for that matter; he's one of the later-round guys on my radar. Ra'shede Hageman had great measurements.

Michael Sam at 261 could get a huge boost if he has good speed numbers. Good arm length too.

Anthony Johnson had some good measurements. So did Jackson Jeffcoat (not a huge fan of his as a 3-4 guy).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does that even mean? So if he runs a 4.54, he hasn't peaked, but if he runs a 4.56, he's peaked? Did Larry Fitzgerald peak in college?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I can see you agreeing that Matthews' game speed is better, but you agree it's not even close? The difference is that clear to you?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about speed. They look pretty similar on the field in that regard. I'm talking about better WR.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone think Colt Lyerla can make a transition over to linebacker?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I noticed Marcus Martin didn't participate in any of the drills except bench press. I can't find anything indicating he's injured. He didn't have a great bench press...

This is great news. The Niners need a center, and Martin isn't helping his stock at all at the combine. He's not doing much to hurt it, but at least he isn't coming in looking like a man-eater like Greg Robinson.

David Yankey isn't doing anything to change my mind about him. He may just be the first offensive guard I ever pick for my bust pick if he's taken in the first round.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I noticed Marcus Martin didn't participate in any of the drills except bench press. I can't find anything indicating he's injured. He didn't have a great bench press...

This is great news. The Niners need a center, and Martin isn't helping his stock at all at the combine. He's not doing much to hurt it, but at least he isn't coming in looking like a man-eater like Greg Robinson.

David Yankey isn't doing anything to change my mind about him. He may just be the first offensive guard I ever pick for my bust pick if he's taken in the first round.

Martin was injured pretty badly in the final game of the regular season against ucla, but I can't remember what the exact injury was... This was one of the reasons some were a little surprised he declared, because he wasn't expected to be 100% for the combine or his personal workout...