• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Roby's just a strong safety :scratch: He honestly CANNOT cover even at the college level, how do you expect him to make the NFL leap to work?

I think this post is gonna look downright silly in 3 years. Roby was having injury problems this year (his junior year). Strong safety? :what:

I don't care that he's raw. Talents like Roby don't come around very often.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roby's just a strong safety :scratch: He honestly CANNOT cover even at the college level, how do you expect him to make the NFL leap to work?

He needs some polishing but I think he could be good eventually.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the hype on Patrick Peterson. I have never seen him do anything but get lit up in the NFL.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cmon Ray... I know most of us have some rose colored glasses against division opponents but surriously...

Pistol Peterson is a stud

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've recently started paying more attention to the interior linemen in this draft, and I'm surprised how impressed I was with Marcus Martin of USC. Most people were talking about Bryan Stork as the best center in NCAA this year, but Stork never impressed me all that much. I think Martin is better. Hope he lasts 'till the 3rd round. I like Swanson too, but Martin might have the better up side. Maybe this is a decent center draft after all.

Good thing too. I don't want Kilgore to start next year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still find it ridiculous how low Stephon Tuitt is rated. I'd be extatic if the Niners took him at 30. He seems like a New England kind of pick though; I'd be shocked if he's there at 29 and the Pats passed on him.

He should be a 10 - 15 range pick IMO.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't get the hype on Patrick Peterson. I have never seen him do anything but get lit up in the NFL.

That's because you probably see most of him when playing the Niners, and Crabtree has absolutely had his number over the past few years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've recently started paying more attention to the interior linemen in this draft, and I'm surprised how impressed I was with Marcus Martin of USC. Most people were talking about Bryan Stork as the best center in NCAA this year, but Stork never impressed me all that much. I think Martin is better. Hope he lasts 'till the 3rd round. I like Swanson too, but Martin might have the better up side. Maybe this is a decent center draft after all.

Pretty sure Mayock has Martin as his #1 OC.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch out for Tyler Larsen, C of Utah State... he's my next mock pick.... he will rise in value IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Pretty sure Mayock has Martin as his #1 OC.

Then he saw it before I did. Martin's a legit' prospect IMO. I just realized he's a true junior too; he was in the 2011 high school class.

Weston Richburg got some good reviews at the senior bowl too, but I missed the senior bowl this year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, I like Richburg. He did quite well at the Senior Bowl. If he is available in the latter part of the 2nd round, I would like the Niners to use their own 2nd round pick on him. That would help solidify the OL.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I still find it ridiculous how low Stephon Tuitt is rated. I'd be extatic if the Niners took him at 30. He seems like a New England kind of pick though; I'd be shocked if he's there at 29 and the Pats passed on him.

He should be a 10 - 15 range pick IMO.

He looks like he should be dominant, but it just didn't work out that way this year. He put on a bunch of weight after an injury last season and never really took the next step. People seem torn on him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kony Ealy - DL - Tigers

Missouri DL Kony Ealy is not quite as athletic as former Tiger Aldon Smith, but probably more physical, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.

Mayock added that the Chicago Bears, picking at No. 14, is not too early for Ealy. Rotoworld's Josh Norris has questioned the defensive lineman's projection, worrying that he does not win consistently enough with his hands when working through blockers and lacks strong leg drive to supplement that power. Still, there is a strong chance the NFL likes Ealy more than our draft analyst.
Source: NFL CFB on Twitter

Feb 18 - 3:42 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Gilbert - DB - Cowboys

Draft insider Tony Pauline gave two CBs first-round grades: Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert and Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard.

Gilbert is ranked ahead of Dennard. TCU's Jason Verrett earned a fring first- or second-round tag, while Ohio State's Bradley Roby landed in the second-round. Virginia Tech's Kyle Fuller, Florida's Marcus Roberson and FSU's Lamarcus Joyner were all given second- or third-round grades.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Feb 18 - 1:57 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Demarcus Lawrence - DL - Broncos

Boise State DE Demarcus Lawrence impressed Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench with his quickness, conversion of speed to power, and bend.

Muench noted he especially liked Lawrence's matchup with Nevada's Joel Bitonio. Lawrence is starting to draw more attention, thanks to his nice initial punch and closing speed. He will likely draw a top two round grade.
Source: Steve Muench on Twitter

Feb 18 - 11:28 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this is a brilliant idea. I'm mad I didn't think of it first:

Keith McGill - DB - Utes

"Most" teams view Utah DB Keith McGill as a S and not a CB, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

Pauline notes that McGill "looks impressive in training (and is) expecting a great result at combine." Our own Josh Norris was impressed with McGill's Senior Bowl week, but he is strictly a press corner with size. Utah used him incorrectly too often.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Feb 18 - 10:22 AM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Gilbert - DB - Cowboys

Draft insider Tony Pauline gave two CBs first-round grades: Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert and Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard.

Gilbert is ranked ahead of Dennard. TCU's Jason Verrett earned a fring first- or second-round tag, while Ohio State's Bradley Roby landed in the second-round. Virginia Tech's Kyle Fuller, Florida's Marcus Roberson and FSU's Lamarcus Joyner were all given second- or third-round grades.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Feb 18 - 1:57 PM

Roberson in the 3rd? I think I'd do a backflip but of course that won't happen.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Now that the draft is getting a little more clear who are your underrateds and overrateds? Pre-combine.

Underrated:

Bradley Roby, Marqise Lee, Stephon Tuitt, Donte Moncrief, Dominique Easley, EJ Gaines, Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin (new to this list for me), Jordan Matthews, Trent Murphy, Seantrel Henderson, Marcus Roberson, Kyle Fuller

Overrated:

Jonny Manziel, David Yankey, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Darqueze Dennard, Brandin Cooks

...and then there are some prospects who are overrated depending on who's rating them. A lot of people have Timmy Jernigan, Derek Carr, Clinton-Dix & Odell Beckham way too high IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn it. There goes our center:

Xavier Su'a-Filo - G - Bruins

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes UCLA OG Xavier Su'a-Filo will be the next combine breakout star.

"This year, the player who I believe will make the biggest jump is UCLA OG Xavier Su'a-Filo," Brandt writes. Last year, Brandt predicted that EJ Manuel and Cordarrelle Patterson's stock would rise after the combine. Most teams have assigned Su'a-Filo a second day grade, and Brandt believes Su'a-Filo's "athleticism and speed" will be enough to move him up in the first round of the draft.
Source: NFL.com

Feb 19 - 5:17 PM