• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donte Moncrief - WR - Rebels

Scouts will closely monitor the output of Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief at the NFL's Scouting Combine.

"Ole Miss coaches raved about his freakish athleticism, but he had only a so-so junior season before deciding to turn pro," wrote NFL.com's Mike Huguenin. "He has intriguing size, and if he runs well in the 40 -- most expect a sub-4.4 time -- it will bode well for his draft status." The 6-foot-3, 226-pounder collected 59 catches for 938 yards and six touchdowns last season. He's more talented than his collegiate production suggests, the primary reason that evaluators are hoping for excellent test numbers.
Source: NFL.com

Feb 13 - 5:00 PM

A sub 4.4!? Jesus Christ. Just once I'd like to get the WR I crave. It was bad enough watching CeePee in a Viqueens jersey. And if Wallace wasn't so shitty Moncrief's season would have been a lot better. That douche missed him deep way too much. Well I guess the heist picks will be out the window. We will just have to draft him higher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sub 4.4!? Jesus Christ. Just once I'd like to get the WR I crave. It was bad enough watching CeePee in a Viqueens jersey. And if Wallace wasn't so shitty Moncrief's season would have been a lot better. That douche missed him deep way too much. Well I guess the heist picks will be out the window. We will just have to draft him higher.

Might have to pull the trigger early on him. I also like Brandon Cooks in the 2nd. It is going to be a stressful draft due to our draft position.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since last summer I've been pleading for us to trade up for this player. People on this board are seriously under rating him claiming that he's no AJ or Julio so therefore, he's not worth to trade up for:

Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

NFL Films' Greg Cosell called Clemson WR Sammy Watkins arguably "the best wide receiver to come out since the A.J. Green/Julio Jones 2011 draft."

"He's got size, speed, hands, shiftiness, explosion," Cosell said. "I think that Sammy Watkins is hands down the best receiver in this draft." Watkins is preparing to make scouts salivate at the NFL's Scouting Combine later this month in Indy. The former Tigers' star registered 1,464 yards and 12 touchdowns last season as a junior. Rotoworld's top wide out prospect has a chance to go in the Top-5.
Source: Stationcaster

Feb 14 - 12:21 PM

I'd love Sammy Watkins but I fear the price would be too high to move up. That's why I'm a proponent of spreading rumors about him to kill his draft status. I hear he smokes a pound of weed per week.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to pull the trigger early on him. I also like Brandon Cooks in the 2nd. It is going to be a stressful draft due to our draft position.

I haven't watched the draft live in years.....so unpredictable, too long, too many windbags flapping their traps, just not a good use of my time.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the draft live in years.....so unpredictable, too long, too many windbags flapping their traps, just not a good use of my time.

I usually watch the first couple of rounds and then go on about my business and catch updates on my phone. I agree that it is much too long and too big now a days. The NFL is trying to make this thing into too much of a money making event.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of my fav prospects this year:

Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks is a "special athlete."

"WR Brandin Cooks is a special athlete and I don't throw around the word "special" lightly. Measuring above 5-10 at the Combine would be big," Brugler tweeted. Cooks is looking to live up to all the Steve Smith comparisons. What Cook lacks in size and strength, he makes up for it with speed and explosiveness. With the ability to line up outside, in the slot, or as a returner, Cooks brings a lot to the table. The Biletnikoff Award winner, led the nation with 1,730 receiving yards and set the Pac-12 single season record with 128 receptions in 2013.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Feb 16 - 2:49 AM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my fav prospects this year:

Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks is a "special athlete."

"WR Brandin Cooks is a special athlete and I don't throw around the word "special" lightly. Measuring above 5-10 at the Combine would be big," Brugler tweeted. Cooks is looking to live up to all the Steve Smith comparisons. What Cook lacks in size and strength, he makes up for it with speed and explosiveness. With the ability to line up outside, in the slot, or as a returner, Cooks brings a lot to the table. The Biletnikoff Award winner, led the nation with 1,730 receiving yards and set the Pac-12 single season record with 128 receptions in 2013.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Feb 16 - 2:49 AM

I like him too. Cooks and Moncrief are my two favorite Wrs that I believe both fit a need and that we will have a shot at getting. If we could get a good cb like Gilbert, Roberson or even Roby, one of those two receivers and buccanon then id be happy.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo, will Cooks go in the first round? If he is available with the 30th pick, should the Niners draft him? I also like him because of his versatility. He would be an instant upgrade in the return game and he will definitely stretch the defense. Maybe he falls in the early part of the 2nd round and the Niners trade up for him. I would like the Niners to draft a CB in the first round, maybe Gilbert if he falls that far.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo, will Cooks go in the first round? If he is available with the 30th pick, should the Niners draft him? I also like him because of his versatility. He would be an instant upgrade in the return game and he will definitely stretch the defense. Maybe he falls in the early part of the 2nd round and the Niners trade up for him. I would like the Niners to draft a CB in the first round, maybe Gilbert if he falls that far.

I think a big factor in his draft status will be his size, how he measures at the combine. If he measures at 5'8" or 5'9" then I think he will go into the 2nd round but if he's 5'10" or 5'11" then I think he'll be a 1st rounder.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his size is going to be a factor if him falling to the 2nd which would allow us to have a chance to swoop in.

He seems to be rated in the 30-40 slot for prospects so he may well be there if we go that route. Obviously a LONG way to go before the draft.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

ESPN's Louis Riddick said there is "a lot of interest" in South Carolina edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney's 40 time, but his other combine numbers will be more "relevant" to his position.

"A lot of interest in what Clowney will run at combine in 40yd, but relevant data for DE's is 10yd split, vertical jump, and broad jump," Riddick tweeted. Although Clowney's 40 time will get a ton of media attention, his other numbers at the combine will give scouts an official idea of Clowney's freakish athleticism and explosiveness. The 6'6 270 pound edge rusher reportedly ran a 4.54 40 and had a vertical jump of 38 inches last spring.
Source: Louis Riddick on Twitter

Feb 15 - 5:26 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I personally would feel comfortable getting in in the early 20s. So if he happens to be there in the 2nd round, it would be borderline negligent on our part not to trade up for him at that spot. He would be considered a huge steal for the team that is lucky enough to get in the early 2nd. So to answer your question, if he is available (30th) I don't think we should be cute about it and simply draft him. However, here is the dilemma, I don't think we will end up with the 30th pick. I see us trading up to draft a very good player that plays a position that represents a bigger need (CB). A move similar to last year; with the exception of us making another attempt in moving back in the late first to draft B. Cooks.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Courtesy of walterfootball.com rumor's section-

2/14: "49ers Could see trade fitting as high as 12 with Giants. That could land Evans or Lee and not ruin entire draft." - Bill Williamson, ESPN

1/24: "Trent Murphy is on the radar for the San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers don't have a big need at the position, but with a plethora of picks, they could stand to get some pass rushing depth and that isn't a bad idea considering Aldon Smith's situation." - Charlie Campbell

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Courtesy of walterfootball.com rumor's section-

1/24: "Trent Murphy is on the radar for the San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers don't have a big need at the position, but with a plethora of picks, they could stand to get some pass rushing depth and that isn't a bad idea considering Aldon Smith's situation." - Charlie Campbell

If they're targeting Trent Murphy then they need to trade Aldon Smith. And they need t8o do it for the equivalent of an all-pro' or near WR, CB or DL because that's what he's worth. He's the most valuable piece the Niners have.