• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had my eye on Pryor this year & was I impressed, but now that it looks like he'll be a first round pick he's off my radar. :(

If you were me, after the UCF upset of Louisville you thought you had a chance at Allen Robinson, Bortles, and Pryor (in that order) - How the tides have changed

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, seriously guys, who's it gonna be? Gilbert? Beckham?

Someone else? :noidea:

If Gilbert is there, I take him over Beckham in a hurry. There are a few WR's this year that I would take in the 1st and Beckham isn't one of them

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gilbert is there, I take him over Beckham in a hurry. There are a few WR's this year that I would take in the 1st and Beckham isn't one of them

Not that mocks are always right, but seems he's one that's popping up a lot.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for him to take over Whitner's spot, which would allow Eric Reid to remain at his current position. Or another option would be to draft Ha'Sean and because his range is better than Reid's I would then prefer to move Reid to Whitner's spot (SS), which would allow Ha-Ha to play FS. Last option is to add Justin Gilbert this would then allow us to move Culliver to free and Reid as a SS.

I'd be good with all 3 of those scenarios with the preference being your first one (draft Pryor and keep Reid at FS).

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda like this guy as depth for Miller and someone who could take snaps away from McDonald:

Chris Coyle – Tight End/H-Back

Coyle is a very interesting prospect. He plays both as an in-line tight end and as an H-back type. He doesn’t have great size. He is listed at 6’3 – 240 and looks like he may be more like 245. He is a good athlete who is strong, tough, and competitive. Coyle is not a speed merchant, but I would say he easily runs in the 4.70 – 4.75 range.

When he lines up as a “Y” he doesn’t have the blocking skills that an NFL team would want. He is tenacious and very willing, just lacks the size and power to be consistently effective. He does well as an on-the-move blocker. With his athleticism, he can break down in space and hit a moving target. He stays in a good football position and looks to finish every block. He is adequate as a pass blocker.

As a receiver, he shows good hands and is a good route runner. While not a burner, he can uncover versus both man and zone and shows he can get in and out of cuts quickly. He is competitive, will compete in traffic for the ball, and is a good runner after the catch.

With the league shifting more and more towards two tight end play, Coyle is an ideal player to be that “move” tight end. Right now, he blocks better in space than many of the “move” guys in the league. He is reliable as a receiver and looks to have very good special teams potential. While he is not a guy that a team would draft in the first three rounds, I think he could easily be a fourth round type. There are too many things he does well.

Chris Coyle

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unlike the WR position, I think over the years our recent history have shown that we do a good job in developing our DBs. Especially the cornerback position. For instance, guys like Brock, Brown, and Spencer became solid players and were seen as more than just a role player for us. This is great news considering the fact that they were drafted outside of the first round. I wonder what we can do with a player selected in the first round (posses more skills/better instincts/better upside/etc.) such as Justin Gilbert?. What I'm trying to say is, based on our history I wouldn't worry about Jean-Baptiste's current flaws which are obviously coachable. Remember, he's a former wide receiver. Under our system I think in due time he too would develop to be great player. He might be the next Sean Smith at the very least.

Tomorrow there's going to be a metrics 2.0 CB article up showing why Baptiste is inconsistent. Despite looking great in coverage at times he still has a burn rate that's only a percent lower than Roby's.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's another tidbit to get ready for. Baptiste was beat on +75% of targets over 20 yards.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another tidbit to get ready for. Baptiste was beat on +75% of targets over 20 yards.

That is a pretty shocking stat. How many times was he targeted over 20 yards though? If we are talking 4 and he got beat then I wouldn't be too worried about it, with some coaching he could turn that round. But if we are talking him getting beat 75 times out of 100 targets over 20 yards, then we have a major problem here that could be fixed with coaching but it wouldn't be as easy, in this case, I wouldn't want him in round 2.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, I also don't think too highly of Peter King in regard to his journalistic skills. However, to his defense, what I think he means in terms of Sam not being very good is in reference to his future in the NFL. There were numerous reports during the Senior Bowl practices about how much he was struggling against "the best of the best". If you you scroll to several pages of this thread to find the reports I was posting about Sam, once you read the updates on the SB practices you would see that the reports on him would corroborate King's claims. C'mon man you are experience enough to know that college accolades means absolutely nothing as an indicator of future success in the NFL. Clowney played in the SEC, do you really think that Sam was truly the best prospect/player in the SEC. I don't even think that he was the best defensive player on his own Missouri team. The guy is a tweener and not athletic enough to make it in the NFL.

Well I guess it depends on what he means by "not a very good football player" and "overrated." Right now he's rated as a 3rd to 5th round prospect. And I've never come out & said he's a great prospect, but I watched quite a bit of Mizzu & Sam got a good share of double teams, a lot of hits on the QB, and he was really good on stunts & run-blitzes. And he held up surprisingly well against the run unless they ran directly at him (and he's a little under-sized for a DE; he should play OLB in a 3-4 IMO). That isn't the description of a "not very good" football player IMO. I don't care about the award, and I know Kony Ealy is better than he, but Sam isn't exactly a scrub. I'd be shocked if he were still there past the 5th round (unless he sucks at the combine; no pun intended).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the more reason I'm looking at him as a safety prospect.

Him getting beat deep makes me not want him anywhere near the safety position. Getting beat deep is a HUGE no no for safeties.

I want to know more about this stat. How much was he in zone, how much was he in man, how many times was he targeted deep?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Him getting beat deep makes me not want him anywhere near the safety position. Getting beat deep is a HUGE no no for safeties.

It's just as huge a no no for CBs, but if he's playing safety he'll have less distance to run to get to deep balls because he's already deep.

The other reason is that I really don't like the safety class this year. To get a good one they'd have to spend a mid first rounder IMO (C-Dix & Pryor), and I wouldn't want 'em to do that. But I like Lamarcus Joyner and Baptise as possible FS prospects in the 2nd or 3rd round.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am not gonna lie, that mock draft simulator thing opened my eyes up to the possibility of Daquan Jones to be our future NT in the 3rd round

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm thinking we should create a site and YouTube for college prospects(Draftbreakdown-esque). Forget the whole universal big board where there's barely any differences, instead have a site on our favorite players. We could get a head start too if we start working on 2015 sometime this month or in March.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
furthering my desire for him in our system.

Fangio: "Hey, corners, play 10 yards off and don't give up a contested first down"
Corners: "okay"

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So right now Bradley Roby & Dominique Easley are being projected as 2nd or even 3rd round picks. If this is the case, these guys are literally must-pick players! Easley in particular might be the best 5-technique player in the entire draft when healthy. Possibly even better than Hageman.

I think the best case scenario for Roby is the Niners' 2nd round pick. I'd be extatic if the Niners TRADED UP in the FIRST round to get this guy. So if he's there in the 50's and some other team takes him my head might actually explode.

Easley has a better chance of falling to the 3rd because injuries change everything. But if he's there at the Niners' 3rd round pick they gotta get this guy.

The other must-draft is Donte Moncrief, and it's looking like the 3rd round is pretty realistic to get him too. So unless these 3 guys' stocks shoot way up by draft time it would be downright irresponsible to let another team have them! I was in love with the Niners' 2013 draft, but getting these 3 guys in the 2nd / 3rd would be even better than last year. :hope:

In fact there are so many 2nd / 3rd round picks I like in this draft I'm actually hoping the Niners trade back. If they could somehow get another 1st round pick for 2015 that would be pretty sweet, but that's pretty rare. Even so, here's my dream draft if these players' stocks don't change:

*Niners trade 30 & 5th rounder for 2015 1st rounder & mid-2nd round pick.
*Niners trade original 3rd & original 4th for higher 3b

2a (mid-2nd): Bradley Roby
2b (Chiefs): Kyle Fuller
2c (original): Lamarcus Joyner or Stanley Jean-Baptise (to play FS)
3a (Titans): Dominique Easley
3b (trade) Donte Moncrief
4th (compensatory) Seantrel Henderson

6th / 7th - BPA

:yahoo:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So right now Bradley Roby & Dominique Easley are being projected as 2nd or even 3rd round picks. If this is the case, these guys are literally must-pick players! Easley in particular might be the best 5-technique player in the entire draft when healthy. Possibly even better than Hageman.

I think the best case scenario for Roby is the Niners' 2nd round pick. I'd be extatic if the Niners TRADED UP in the FIRST round to get this guy. So if he's there in the 50's and some other team takes him my head might actually explode.

Easley has a better chance of falling to the 3rd because injuries change everything. But if he's there at the Niners' 3rd round pick they gotta get this guy.

The other must-draft is Donte Moncrief, and it's looking like the 3rd round is pretty realistic to get him too. So unless these 3 guys' stocks shoot way up by draft time it would be downright irresponsible to let another team have them! I was in love with the Niners' 2013 draft, but getting these 3 guys in the 2nd / 3rd would be even better than last year. :hope:

In fact there are so many 2nd / 3rd round picks I like in this draft I'm actually hoping the Niners trade back. If they could somehow get another 1st round pick for 2015 that would be pretty sweet, but that's pretty rare. Even so, here's my dream draft if these players' stocks don't change:

*Niners trade 30 & 5th rounder for 2015 1st rounder & mid-2nd round pick.*Niners trade original 3rd & original 4th for higher 3b

2a (mid-2nd): Bradley Roby
2b (Chiefs): Kyle Fuller
2c (original): Lamarcus Joyner or Stanley Jean-Baptise (to play FS)
3a (Titans): Dominique Easley
3b (trade) Donte Moncrief
4th (compensatory) Seantrel Henderson

6th / 7th - BPA

:yahoo:

another team trades their 1st AND 2nd in 2015, for our 30th??? ok you did throw in a 5th, but still?

next, no way to know if it will be a MID 2nd rounder?