• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
another team trades their 1st AND 2nd in 2015, for our 30th??? ok you did throw in a 5th, but still?

No. They trade:

1st in 2015 & mid-2nd rounder in 2014

Niners trade

30th pick + a 5th rounder.

But you're right it's a little unrealistic now that I look at it again. It'd probably have to be a late 2nd rounder.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
another team trades their 1st AND 2nd in 2015, for our 30th??? ok you did throw in a 5th, but still?

next, no way to know if it will be a MID 2nd rounder?

I think he was implying it would be their 2nd round pick this year and 1st round pick next year

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now Bradley Roby & Dominique Easley are being projected as 2nd or even 3rd round picks. If this is the case, these guys are literally must-pick players! Easley in particular might be the best 5-technique player in the entire draft when healthy. Possibly even better than Hageman.

I think the best case scenario for Roby is the Niners' 2nd round pick. I'd be extatic if the Niners TRADED UP in the FIRST round to get this guy. So if he's there in the 50's and some other team takes him my head might actually explode.

Easley has a better chance of falling to the 3rd because injuries change everything. But if he's there at the Niners' 3rd round pick they gotta get this guy.

The other must-draft is Donte Moncrief, and it's looking like the 3rd round is pretty realistic to get him too. So unless these 3 guys' stocks shoot way up by draft time it would be downright irresponsible to let another team have them! I was in love with the Niners' 2013 draft, but getting these 3 guys in the 2nd / 3rd would be even better than last year. :hope:

In fact there are so many 2nd / 3rd round picks I like in this draft I'm actually hoping the Niners trade back. If they could somehow get another 1st round pick for 2015 that would be pretty sweet, but that's pretty rare. Even so, here's my dream draft if these players' stocks don't change:

*Niners trade 30 & 5th rounder for 2015 1st rounder & mid-2nd round pick.
*Niners trade original 3rd & original 4th for higher 3b

2a (mid-2nd): Bradley Roby
2b (Chiefs): Kyle Fuller
2c (original): Lamarcus Joyner or Stanley Jean-Baptise (to play FS)
3a (Titans): Dominique Easley
3b (trade) Donte Moncrief
4th (compensatory) Seantrel Henderson

6th / 7th - BPA

:yahoo:

Duh, I have been saying this for months. This draft is flat out can't miss in the 30-60 range. I feel we need to load up in this area.

Oh yeah, Fuller might not even make it to 30. I think that cat is gonna be out of the bag once the combine is wrapped.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Duh, I have been saying this for months. This draft is flat out can't miss in the 30-60 range. I feel we need to load up in this area.

Oh yeah, Fuller might not even make it to 30. I think that cat is gonna be out of the bag once the combine is wrapped.

I think they'd be good loading up anywhere from around 30 to 90.

I think you're right about Fuller, but I hope you're wrong. I think the dude's a better prospect than DJ Hayen was (although I hated Haden last year), Desmond Trufant (who can't tackle to save his life) and possibly even Xavier Rhodes (although I didn't watch Rhodes much as a rook).

Are you on the Dominique Easley bandwagon with me Ray? I know it's a risk like w/ Tank, but how can you not love a DL who does this:

ehs.gif

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd be good loading up anywhere from around 30 to 90.

I think you're right about Fuller, but I hope you're wrong. I think the dude's a better prospect than DJ Hayen was (although I hated Haden last year), Desmond Trufant (who can't tackle to save his life) and possibly even Xavier Rhodes (although I didn't watch Rhodes much as a rook).

Are you on the Dominique Easley bandwagon with me Ray? I know it's a risk like w/ Tank, but how can you not love a DL who does this:

ehs.gif

If Fuller comes in that close to 6' and runs some blazing forty then it is a wrap.

Easley is perfect because we can let him sit until he's ready to roll. It's not a pressing immediate need but it helps replace an area of great need in the future. Ray Mac and of course Justin aren't gonna be around forever.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree. I would not be opposed to trading down this year.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be cool with 3CBs, 2 Ss, 3WRs, 1 C, and BAP for the rest. Our DBs and WRs scare me the most.

I think our D takes a step back next year which is okay if our O gets more prolific.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. I'd actually go in the exact opposite direction there.

Cowboy's a year older, Aldon might have a bad day even though he didn't use his "AK", Bow is out and may miss significant time, Cully is coming back from ACL, who knows who will be in our defensive backfield (please God, not Dahl), Tank and Dial are unknowns, will Ian return and improve? Lots of questions in my opinion.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cowboy's a year older, Aldon might have a bad day even though he didn't use his "AK", Bow is out and may miss significant time, Cully is coming back from ACL, who knows who will be in our defensive backfield (please God, not Dahl), Tank and Dial are unknowns, will Ian return and improve? Lots of questions in my opinion.

Oh I see what you're saying. And I agree.

However, I want Baalke to focus on making the D more dominant even at the expense of the offense this offseason. I'd be ok if the offense sputters a little as long as the D gets better, whereas you'd be ok with the other way around.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see what you're saying. And I agree.

However, I want Baalke to focus on making the D more dominant even at the expense of the offense this offseason. I'd be ok if the offense sputters a little as long as the D gets better, whereas you'd be ok with the other way around.

We have to get more dynamic on offense....we need some game changing WRs. I love Boldin and Crabbie but we need someone to take the lid off the D. When your TE (albeit an athletic freak) is your deep threat that's a problem with a gun like Kaep has. I keep thinking of that bomb against Tampa to VD. If that was a consistent threat our run game, Kaep's feet, and underneath passing gets that much more lethal. I think opposing D's compress the defense because they know the risk of a deep play is minimal. We are so close to being scary on offense and it centers around a serious vertical threat at WR.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm as optimistic about the offense as you are.

....not a surprise based on your well known opinion of #7. I think he'll make a jump in 2014 and I hope we have a WR with speed (and hands) and Roman opens the playbook up. He's a creative dude but a lot of his stuff won't work unless we can go down field on occasion.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
....not a surprise based on your well known opinion of #7. I think he'll make a jump in 2014 and I hope we have a WR with speed (and hands) and Roman opens the playbook up. He's a creative dude but a lot of his stuff won't work unless we can go down field on occasion.

Well a deep threat would certainly make things easier on him. The Niners' offense has everything a QB could want except a speed guy to keep the DBs honest.

Other than Marqise Lee I don't really see anyone who could be that guy though (including FA).

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a deep threat would certainly make things easier on him. The Niners' offense has everything a QB could want except a speed guy to keep the DBs honest.

Other than Marqise Lee I don't really see anyone who could be that guy though (including FA).

I have no idea....I'm not a hobby GM like a lot of you guys. I watched <2 games of NCAA FB this year if you add up everything I watched. I finally figured out today Roby is a CB.

If no one is out there we're f****d. I don't see Patton being that guy and Baldwin isn't either. Boldin and Crabby aren't deep threats at all. They are #2 and #2b WRs.

I would actually love them to try Boldin in the old Delanie Walker role since he can actually catch.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

What about a trade up for Watkins?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nope too expensive. If we move up I want Clowney, that is all.

So in an obvious deep draft, if we can move up to the 6th place, similar to what the Falcons gave up to get there, and still have 6th, the chiefs 2nd rounder, 3 3rd rounders, you wouldn't think it would be worth it to get the most explosive player in the draft?

The projected trade would include 1st, 2nd, 4th in this years draft, and a 1st and a 4th in next yrs draft. Identical to what the Falcons gave up to move from a similar position in the draft to the identical position in the draft.

Also, am assuming we are getting a 3rd comp for Dash on, which is where the 3 3rds come from

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So in an obvious deep draft, if we can move up to the 6th place, similar to what the Falcons gave up to get there, and still have 6th, the chiefs 2nd rounder, 3 3rd rounders, you wouldn't think it would be worth it to get the most explosive player in the draft?

The projected trade would include 1st, 2nd, 4th in this years draft, and a 1st and a 4th in next yrs draft. Identical to what the Falcons gave up to move from a similar position in the draft to the identical position in the draft.

Also, am assuming we are getting a 3rd comp for Dash on, which is where the 3 3rds come from

Clowney would be the target for those assets. With Aldon being "well Aldon" one step away from 1 year suspension, I want another bull on that line. Trade brooks, if need be. I think in the 3rd, WR value is good, not great, but enough to help the offense.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather continue building depth. As great as Clowney could be on the same side or opposite Aldon and as great as Watkins could be opposite Crabtree, I'd rather see Roberson, Cooks and Loston or Murphy, Stork, Hampton and Ward. If anything, I'd love to see the Niners grab more second and third rounders to take:

Marcus Roberson, Brandin Cooks, Trent Murphy, Craig Loston, Bryan Stork, Odell Beckham, Jr., Jimmie Ward and Victor Hampton. After a few departures, there should be room for them on the roster. If not, go for more picks next year. It's a nice position for a franchise to be in.