• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's going to be the first OT selected in the draft:

Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

Auburn T Greg Robinson reportedly "looks like a freak" in Combine training, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

This is no surprise, and Pauline adds the monstrous offensive lineman is an "absolute beast." Robinson produces so much power through his lower half as a blocker and delivers a mauling punch and drive in the running game. He is the favorite to be the first offensive lineman off the board.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Feb 9 - 12:03 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike the WR position, I think over the years our recent history have shown that we do a good job in developing our DBs. Especially the cornerback position. For instance, guys like Brock, Brown, and Spencer became solid players and were seen as more than just a role player for us. This is great news considering the fact that they were drafted outside of the first round. I wonder what we can do with a player selected in the first round (posses more skills/better instincts/better upside/etc.) such as Justin Gilbert?. What I'm trying to say is, based on our history I wouldn't worry about Jean-Baptiste's current flaws which are obviously coachable. Remember, he's a former wide receiver. Under our system I think in due time he too would develop to be great player. He might be the next Sean Smith at the very least.

Well said Sir, well said. Gilbert is probably my top choice at the moment but I could live with Roberson who I think will be the second best CB in this draft or Baptiste who has incredible upside. Honestly there are a lot of guys in this draft that I could live with but those are some of my favorites. I haven't been incredibly impressed with Dennard's athleticism on film, but he could be one of those guys who is sneaky athletic.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to be the first OT selected in the draft:

Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

Auburn T Greg Robinson reportedly "looks like a freak" in Combine training, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

This is no surprise, and Pauline adds the monstrous offensive lineman is an "absolute beast." Robinson produces so much power through his lower half as a blocker and delivers a mauling punch and drive in the running game. He is the favorite to be the first offensive lineman off the board.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Feb 9 - 12:03 PM

I don't think you could go wrong with either Robinson or Matthews. I like this years OTs a lot better than last years.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Christian Jones - LB - Seminoles

Former NFL scout Bryan Broaddus has heard "some things" that might keep FSU LB Christian Jones away from the Dallas Cowboys.

However, Broaddus notes that he "loves the player." We are not sure what "things" Broaddus might be referring to, whether it be scheme fit or something else. Jones frequently changed roles while in school, seeing time as an off scrimmage linebacker, strong side player and even edge rusher from a three point stance. It is worth noting that Broaddus is very plugged in to what the Cowboys want to achieve in the draft.
Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

Feb 9 - 1:16 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Borland - LB - Badgers

Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland will be featured in NFL.com draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah's updated top 50.

The exact ranking is unclear at this time, but it is high praise for a prospect who will likely get knocked by teams due to his lack of ideal size. Jeremiah loves "his timing/burst/finish as a blitzer." Borland is likely best suited on the inside, however, his projection will be an interesting one.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Feb 9 - 1:27 P

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks lists five teams -- the Texans, Jaguars, Raiders, Falcons and Buccaneers -- as "perfect fits" for South Carolina edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney.

Brooks notes that Clowney would form a devastating 1-2 DE combo with J.J. Watt in Houston, while he could help former Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley turn around the fortunes of Jacksonville's defense. Both of those squads are expected to take QBs. Oakland presents an interesting fit. "If Oakland wants to have a chance in the division, McKenzie must upgrade its pass rush," Brooks wrote. "Other pieces are needed on the defensive side of the ball -- particularly in the secondary -- but the acquisition of a disruptive edge rusher could mask some of the unit's flaws." It doesn't seem likely that Clowney will slip out of the Top 5, but Brooks likes his scheme fit in Atlanta's hybrid defense, and the scribe believes Clowney is the final piece to the puzzle that would make Tampa Bay's defensive unit elite.
Source: NFL.com

Feb 9 - 2:08 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bring him on as an UDFA (there's a little bit of Josh Johnson to his game):

Keith Price - QB - Huskies

Keith Price tweeted last week that he feels "disrespected" that he wasn't invited to the NFL Scouting Combine.

"Feeling disrespected," Price wrote on the social networking site. "Note to self: Tune it out and keep your focus. #ambitious #positivevibes." Price (6-foot-1, 202 pounds) threw for 8,921 yards, 75 TDs and 30 interceptions, and completed 63.9 percent of his passes during three years as Washington's starting quarterback. He probably won't be drafted, but Price will undoubtedly be a priority free agent after the selection process.
Source: Keith Price on Twitter

Feb 9 - 2:24 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's an interesting versus question:

Ronald Powell VS Aaron Lynch. 2 highly-touted college players who never came close to justifying the hype. Which one would you rather have?

I'd take Powell. He's still on my radar for the 5th round or later. Could be a good fit in SF as a developmental project / special teams player.

I'd throw Jackson Jeffcoat's name out there too, but I think he's a pure 4-3 DE. I don't see him as a Brian Orakpo.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be people be upset or intrigue if the Niners drafted Kony Ealy?

While it doesn't necessarily help us in our most needed needs but I would fall under the intrigued boat.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Would be people be upset or intrigue if the Niners drafted Kony Ealy?

Hell no I wouldn't! Can't have too many Mizzu D-lineman on the team.

He'll probably be long gone before the Niners pick though, and I wouldn't want 'em to trade up for that guy.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no I wouldn't! Can't have too many Mizzu D-lineman on the team.

He'll probably be long gone before the Niners pick though, and I wouldn't want 'em to trade up for that guy.

Doesn't he share some Aldon like intangibles? It was interesting comparison and I was thinking that Mizzou has some good prospects... the last one I trashed turned out to be our best weapon in years(Aldon)...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Doesn't he share some Aldon like intangibles? It was interesting comparison and I was thinking that Mizzou has some good prospects... the last one I trashed turned out to be our best weapon in years(Aldon)...

I think it's actually Aldon's taginbles that make him so great. But Ealy sure has some quickness, core strength, length, etc like Aldon does. Obviously it'd be a little unrealistic to expect similar results to a guy who has more sacks per game than any other player in NFL history, but Ealy is certainly a great specimen.

His teammate CB E.J. Gaines is pretty intriguing too.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Mettenberger - QB - Player

LSU QB Zach Mettenberger had to wait until early January to have his ACL repaired after suffering the injury on November 29.

Mettenberger also tore his MCL, for which doctors had to wait to heal before putting him through the knee reconstruction. "I fully anticipate to be good enough to go and do a five- and seven-step drop for scouts," Mettenberger insisted, referring to pre-draft workouts. "I’ve been pushing myself really hard. I’m expecting to be fully healthy in the 4-5 month range." Mettenberger was seen as a fringe first-round prospect before the ligament tears.
Source: Shreveport Times

Feb 9 - 5:18 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Timmy Jernigan - DL - Player

ESPN Chicago's Mike C. Wright could "definitely" envision the Bears using the No. 14 pick in May's draft on Florida State DT Timmy Jernigan.

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay's most recent mock drafts have Chicago selecting Jernigan, and Wright agrees with their logic. Defensive line was a huge weakness for the 2013 Bears, as they were relentlessly gashed by opposing run games and got no interior penetration after losing Henry Melton for the year. Jernigan goes 6-foot-2, 292 and would play "three technique" in Chicago.
Source: ESPN Chicago

Feb 9 - 6:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watch how the teams in the NFL discriminates against him by not drafting him. Would he ever be accepted in the locker room?

Michael Sam - LB - Player

Missouri OLB Michael Sam revealed on ESPN's SportsCenter Sunday evening that he is gay.

The SEC's Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2013, Sam is a projected middle-round pick who notched 11.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss as a senior. When Sam is drafted -- and we don't expect this news to suddenly torpedo his stock -- he will officially become the NFL's first openly gay player. Expect Sam's coming out to be a huge story at the Combine in two weeks. Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, "GMs and experienced personnel men" were either already aware of Sam's sexuality before Sunday night's "news," or they had "heard scouts talking about it."
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Feb 9 - 8:09 PM

Michael Sam - LB - Player

Missouri All-American edge rusher Michael Sam told teammates earlier this season he is gay, and he will become the first openly gay NFL player later this year.

ESPN's Adam Schefter spoke with one NFL executive who said "this young man is courageous." Obviously this is uncharted territory for the NFL level, but Sam apparently told his collegiate teammates in the summer of 2013 and they supported him, even keeping it a secret from the media. Sam was a very productive college player, but likely is a mid-to-late round selection due to his limitations and lack of multiple pass rush moves. "I’m not naïve," Sam said. "I know this is a huge deal and I know how important this is. But my role as of right now is to train for the combine and play in the N.F.L." The timing is important, as we are only two weeks away from the NFL Combine.
Source: The New York Times

Feb 9 - 8:09 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ESPN's Adam Schefter spoke with one NFL executive who said "this young man is courageous."

Coregeous??? :rolleyes2: Running into a burning building to save someone is courageous. This guy said he's a homosexual in an age where people almost definitely would have found out anyway. What a stupid, lame attempt at making this guy something he's not.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coregeous??? :rolleyes2: Running into a burning building to save someone is courageous. This guy said he's a homosexual in an age where people almost definitely would have found out anyway. What a stupid, lame attempt at making this guy something he's not.

A lot of people already knew. Almost every student who cared about football knew. My roommate said he knew a few people who already knew that.. If he didn't say anything it would have been leaked by some media jackass at the combine.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's actually Aldon's taginbles that make him so great. But Ealy sure has some quickness, core strength, length, etc like Aldon does. Obviously it'd be a little unrealistic to expect similar results to a guy who has more sacks per game than any other player in NFL history, but Ealy is certainly a great specimen.

His teammate CB E.J. Gaines is pretty intriguing too.

Ealy just caught my attention a few weeks back.. never really honed in on him til recently and Idk... i think to myself, what if the niners did, not saying im for it, would i been mad or ok? I'm leaning towards ok with the natural gripe of the other positions needed to be upgraded/filled.

Gaine is rising on some mocks, so his name is about to come up higher come draft time.