• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:agree:

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney could play in any defensive system, according to ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper's comments came in response to a Twitter question in which he was asked if Clowney could play in a 3-4 system at the next level. "Can 'translate' to anything," Kiper wrote. "Coaches adjust to great talent -- don't overthink system fit." Clowney is a likely Top-5 pick, and it'd be a surprise if he didn't land with a 4-3 defense.
Source: Mel Kiper on Twitter

Feb 4 - 7:44 PM

Top 5?

If he's still on the board at 4 or 5 SF needs to pull an Atlanta Falcons like trade & get him. That'd be friggn' ridiculous. Aldon & Clowney rushing the QB? With Tank coming in on 3rd down & sub'ing for guys? Yikes!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Top 5?

If he's still on the board at 4 or 5 SF needs to pull an Atlanta Falcons like trade & get him. That'd be friggn' ridiculous. Aldon & Clowney rushing the QB? With Tank coming in on 3rd down & sub'ing for guys? Yikes!

For 2 years now I've been preaching and praying that we do a coach Ditka type trade in order to acquire this monster they call Jadeveon. That Defense would be too much for any offense to contend with for 60 minutes. Guarantee SB. Seattle D would have nothing on us.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo what do you think of the CB prospects?

I really like Gilbert but there is absolutely no chance that we get our hands on him IMO. Dennard doesn't seem like he plays very fast IMO. I REALLY like Roberson's coverage abilities but hate how weak he is in run support. Baptiste is growing on me a bit due to his size and abilities.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo what do you think of the CB prospects?

I really like Gilbert but there is absolutely no chance that we get our hands on him IMO. Dennard doesn't seem like he plays very fast IMO. I REALLY like Roberson's coverage abilities but hate how weak he is in run support. Baptiste is growing on me a bit due to his size and abilities.

This is a very underrated group of prospects Dub. I actually like all of those guys you commented on above. Purifoy would be a steal for us in the 2nd round. He wouldn't be an instant starter for us in his first year, but by 2015 I could see him developing to become one of the best cover corners in the best division in football. If you like Jean-Baptiste then you should also consider Keith McGill of Utah. Some scouts actually prefer him than Jean-Baptiste, he's not as stiff as I once thought. He resembles Brandon Browner in the way he looks physically and also based on the way he plays the game. EJ Gaines doesn't get a lot of recognition on this board but he has a lot talent as well and has what it takes to be a solid starter. Sammy Watkins' half brother Jaylen was the least talked about player on the Gators impressive defensive back unit. He could be a steal in the 5th round just like Aaron Colvin (injury). Two guys you should start doing a bit of research on is Walt Aikens of Liberty and Andre Hall of Vanderbilt. They remind me of Packers corner, his name escapes me (not Sam Shields). The dude who almost won the rookie of the year last year or the year prior to last year. Anyway, they could be available for our pickings in the mid rounds if we do decide to address another position with our early round picks.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very underrated group of prospects Dub. I actually like all of those guys you commented on above. Purifoy would be a steal for us in the 2nd round. He wouldn't be an instant starter for us in his first year, but by 2015 I could see him developing to become one of the best cover corners in the best division in football. If you like Jean-Baptiste then you should also consider Keith McGill of Utah. Some scouts actually prefer him than Jean-Baptiste, he's not as stiff as I once thought. He resembles Brandon Browner in the way he looks physically and also based on the way he plays the game. EJ Gaines doesn't get a lot of recognition on this board but he has a lot talent as well and has what it takes to be a solid starter. Sammy Watkins' half brother Jaylen was the least talked about player on the Gators impressive defensive back unit. He could be a steal in the 5th round just like Aaron Colvin (injury). Two guys you should start doing a bit of research on is Walt Aikens of Liberty and Andre Hall of Vanderbilt. They remind me of Packers corner, his name escapes me (not Sam Shields). The dude who almost won the rookie of the year last year or the year prior to last year. Anyway, they could be available for our pickings in the mid rounds if we do decide to address another position with our early round picks.

I actually like this group of CB's better than I do the WR's (outside of Watkins) but I do believe that we should strike early to get what we are looking for (a #1 CB), I think there are several guys in the draft that should fit that mold but Gilbert, Roberson and to a lesser extent Roby seem to fit that mold.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's a player I forgot about (and so has the rest of the world apparently): E.J. Gaines CB Missouri. could be a sleeper.

Man I love this CB class.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bryan Stork - C - Seminoles

Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage was pleasantly surprised by the play of Florida State redshirt senior center Bryan Stork at the exhibition.

"He was working through some physical ailments coming off the BCS title game, but showed extreme toughness, very good technique, hands were on the inside, enough agility to maneuver and work the pocket from that center spot," Savage said. Stork won the 2013 Rimington Trophy given to the nation's best center. The 6-foot-4, 300-pounder, who snapped the ball to Heisman winner QB Jameis Winston, led an offensive line that blocked for one of the nation's best offenses. "I think he emerges... as a player who has some momentum heading into the combine," Savage said.
Source: YouTube.com

Feb 4 - 11:01 PM

Meh. I was never all that impressed with him as a pro' prospect. Seems like a better college player than pro' prospect. If the Niners draft him I couldn't see him beating out Kilgore as the starting center.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to start lessoning our perception on Kilgore(pre drunk scene)...

Kilgore has been with us for 3 years right? he's a servicable backup at best... I don't see him taking over any OL spot as a starter... including C... if he could or would be successful, he would've been out there by now.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This CB class is not as good as everyone thinks.

Dennard anywhere in the draft
T.Mitchell after the 4th round
and Pierre Desir depending on his combine in the 2nd or 3rd

Are the only CBs with good value that I've seen so far.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ignore this. I'll do a bit more looking around, just found Bashaud Breeland who looks legit.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is called running out of things to say about a guy and trying to say anything, anything at all, to sound relevant.

Throw it out there and hope it spooks another team so he can fall to you.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You're not impress with Kyle Fuller?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're not impress with Kyle Fuller?

I am! And V-tech DBs have had a pretty good success rate in the NFL lately.

I'm starting to notice some guys I forgot like Fuller, Brandon Thomas from Clemson (late-round center prospect?), E.J. Gaines & a few others.

This CB class is ridiculous. I absolutely love Roby, I think the Gator CBs are a pretty safe-ish bet, Dennard has a really high floor, Jason Verrett & Fuller are good prospects, Aaron Colvin & EJ Gaines could be sleepers (Colvin if he's healthy), Stanley Jean-Baptiste looks like he could be the next Malcolm Jenkins, Vic Hampton is a decent prospect. You have me pretty much convinced that Sammy Watkins' little brother could be a good investment...

I liked Justin Gilbert last year, but he's gotten so much hype that he's priced himself out of my "likes" list into my "dislikes" list. But he's still a good CB.

CRAZY good CB & OT class. Gotta get a couple CBs & an OT in this draft class IMO. Maybe even 3 CBs if you count Jean-Baptise (FS).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...As much as I love the CB class this year, I'm not as enamoured of the safety class as most people here.

Deone Bucannon for example: I'm not seeing it. I mean I'm REALLY not seeing it. This guy doesn't just look like a guy I don't want; he looks downright bad by NFL standards.

The other Dion (Bailey)... meh. Not impressed. Also doesn't help he's a USC safety.

Calvin Pryor was always an interesting prospect to me, but like Justin Gilbert he's been priced out of a good value by now IMO.

Never thought Ed Reynolds was much of a prospect in terms of coverage ability.

Lamarcus Joyner's the only one who's even remotely intriguing to me.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A note on the CB class: Forgot to say I think Darqueze Dennard is overrated, but he's still a solid prospect. I just wouldn't take him as high as he's projected; not by a long shot.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore this. I'll do a bit more looking around, just found Bashaud Breeland who looks legit.

Seems like he would represent good value as well as upside. The downside may be that he isn't quite NFL ready, but a solid developmental guy that could start in a couple years.