• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's pretty cool. But if we hit it big on the draft, you might have to keep changing her birthday every year to coincide with the draft :)

For a second I thought you were going to say I would have to have more kids.... Scared the shit out of me.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blake Bortles - QB - Player

ESPN Cleveland considers UCF's Blake Bortles the "best fit" for the Browns amongst this year's draft-eligible .

It appears many teams are going to consider Bortles their "best fit" thanks to his size (6-foot-4, 230 pounds) and command of the pocket. Cleveland isn't believed to be one of them, however. GM Mike Lombardi's club has been strongly connected to Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel for months. At this point in the draft process, Bortles resembles a rich man's Jake Locker, but very much appears destined to go in the top 10.
Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter

Feb 3 - 2:02 PM

Blake Bortles - QB - Golden Knights

Draft insider Tony Pauline ranks UCF's Blake Bortles has his No. 1 QB in the 2014 class.

Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater is No. 2, followed by Derek Carr and Johnny Manziel. All four earned first-round grades. Bortles has a very good chance at being the first quarterback selected in May, since teams will love his size and strong pocket movement. LSU's Zach Mettenberger was the only quarterback to earn a second-round grade, while AJ McCarron drew a third-round label.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Feb 3 - 10:50 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlos Hyde - RB - Buckeyes

Ohio State's Carlos Hyde ranks as draft insider Tony Pauline's top RB.

Hyde earned a fringe first-round grade. We love the Buckeye's talent, mainly his ability to beat first contact and his experience as a pass protector. Three running backs were given solid second-round grades: Lache Seastrunk, Bishop Sankey and Ka'Deem Carey.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Feb 3 - 11:21 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of my fav players:

Telvin Smith - LB - Seminoles

Florida State senior Telvin Smith wants to stay at LB in the NFL rather than move to S, which some suggest.

As he should. "A normal day is 6:30 waking up, eatin’, workout, eatin’, speed training, eatin’, snack, eatin,’" Smith said when asked to describe his daily routine. "A lot of eatin’ going on, that’s about it." We are not nutritionists, but it appears Smith is attempting to bulk up. We do not understand why some want to move Smith to safety, which is further away from the football, solely due to his height and weight combination.
Source: Noles Sports

Feb 3 - 11:48 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Storm Johnson - RB - Golden Knights

UCF RB Storm Johnson should be selected in the third- or fourth-round, according to former NFL exec Greg Gabriel.

"Johnson has a lot of talent. He just doesn’t have great top-end speed," Gabriel writes. "He will become a steady NFL running back, and I look for him to be an eventual starter in the league." We were surprised by Johnson's excellent vision and open field anticipation when watching him. That is difficult to find in a bigger back.
Source: National Football Post

Feb 3 - 1:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Landry - WR - Tigers

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believes that LSU junior WR Jarvis Landry is more pro-ready than Odell Beckham Jr.

"Working mainly from the slot, he is an instinctive route-runner and does a nice job of reading coverages on the fly," wrote Weidl. "While he lacks elite quickness and top-end speed, Landry makes up for it with polished routes, and he transitions well out of cuts. Finally, Landry has one of the more natural sets of hands in this class and is fearless working in traffic down the middle of the field." Landry was one of the best receivers in the country at winning in contested situations last season.
Source: ESPN Insider

Feb 3 - 8:01 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Odell Beckham Jr. - WR - Tigers

LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. will continue to gain momentum "as scouts get into more late game tape and we approach the combine and pro-day phase of the process," according to Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl.

Weidl thinks Beckham Jr. will test exceedingly well at the combine. "While he still needs polish as a route-runner and has some occasional drops, Beckham's blend of suddenness, acceleration and top-end speed is evident on tape," wrote Weidl. "He brings strong vertical capabilities outside the hashes, and he is dangerous with the ball in his hands after the catch and in the return game." Scouts are beginning to prefer Beckham Jr. over teammate Jarvis Landry, according to Weidl. "Beckham has the speed explosiveness to create big plays outside the hashes and develop into a strong No. 2, ideally as an X receiver," he wrote. "On the flip side, some scouts have expressed concerns about whether Landry can thrive in a No. 2 role because he doesn't have exceptional size to overcome average quickness and top-end speed, which may give him problems consistently creating separation on the outside."
Source: ESPN Insider

Feb 3 - 8:14 PM

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo, can you give me a list of your top 5 WR? Do you have Moncrief in there?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current Walter football 49ers Mock:

30)• San Francisco 49ers: Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
The 49ers need to fix their secondary. Their group of cornerbacks isn't very strong, as Carlos Rogers has understandably declined at 32. He's due $6.25 million next year, so San Francisco could cut ties with him. The 49ers extended Tramaine Brock, but they'll still need corner help.

56)• San Francisco 49ers: Craig Loston, S, LSU
The 49ers spent a first-round pick on a safety last year, but they may have to use another selection on one with Donte Whitner heading into free agency.

61) San Francisco 49ers: Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
Anquan Boldin and Mario Manningham will both be free agents next March. The 49ers will need a new receiver to complement Michael Crabtree.

77) San Francisco 49ers: Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
NaVorro Bowman tore his ACL and MCL in the NFC Championship. He may not be ready for the season opener, so the 49ers may want to add some depth here.

94) San Francisco 49ers: Dominique Easley, DE, Florida
The 49ers will need a successor for Justin Smith (Tank Carradine, maybe?) and also some depth on the defensive line. With four Day 2 selections, they can take a chance on someone like Dominique Easley, a tremendous talent who is coming off a terrible injury.

125) San Francisco 49ers: Adrian Hubbard, DE/OLB, Alabama
This is a value pick for the 49ers, who may want to add another outside linebacker just in case Aldon Smith gets into more trouble.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The 49ers will need a successor for Justin Smith (Tank Carradine, maybe?) and also some depth on the defensive line. With four Day 2 selections, they can take a chance on someone like Dominique Easley, a tremendous talent who is coming off a terrible injury.

:yahoo: :clap: :hope:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current Walter football 49ers Mock:

30)• San Francisco 49ers: Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
The 49ers need to fix their secondary. Their group of cornerbacks isn't very strong, as Carlos Rogers has understandably declined at 32. He's due $6.25 million next year, so San Francisco could cut ties with him. The 49ers extended Tramaine Brock, but they'll still need corner help.

56)• San Francisco 49ers: Craig Loston, S, LSU
The 49ers spent a first-round pick on a safety last year, but they may have to use another selection on one with Donte Whitner heading into free agency.

61) San Francisco 49ers: Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
Anquan Boldin and Mario Manningham will both be free agents next March. The 49ers will need a new receiver to complement Michael Crabtree.

77) San Francisco 49ers: Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
NaVorro Bowman tore his ACL and MCL in the NFC Championship. He may not be ready for the season opener, so the 49ers may want to add some depth here.

125) San Francisco 49ers: Adrian Hubbard, DE/OLB, Alabama
This is a value pick for the 49ers, who may want to add another outside linebacker just in case Aldon Smith gets into more trouble.

Put in Bucannon at 56 and Moncrief at 61 and I'm good.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me cornerbacks from the Gators' program. They know how to develop them:

Marcus Roberson - DB - Gators

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler lists Florida's Marcus Roberson as the top CB in the draft.

Roberson checks in at No. 16 overall on Brugler's board. "A fearless, confident cover corner, Roberson battled through several injuries in 2013, most notably a left knee issue," Brugler writes. "But when healthy, he has the footwork, movement skills and competitive nature to blanket receivers along with the instincts to make plays on the ball." Roberson was a highly touted corner heading into the season, but the combination of injuries and suspensions allowed other prospects to pass him in the national eye.
Source: CBS Sports

Jan 28 - 11:17 AM

This is the guy I had mentioned a couple weeks back in Walter Camps Mock, but put into the wrong thread. I don't know much about him. Was hoping you guys could shed some light.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is the guy I had mentioned a couple weeks back in Walter Camps Mock, but put into the wrong thread. I don't know much about him. Was hoping you guys could shed some light.

More highly recruited than his teammate Louichez Purifoy, but at least last year most people considered Purifoy to be the better prospect. I tend to agree with that sentiment, but I'll have to see more of 'em & see how they each do at the combine.

He's a good prospect IMO, and I think he'll be a starter in the NFL. Don't think he's a special prospect by any means.

I'm a much bigger fan of Bradley Roby.

grunionca911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just thought I would move this here

What if they start the first 3 rounds like this:

1st: Beckham Jr. WR LSU
2nd: Roberson or Purifoy CB's Fla
2nd: Buchannon S Wash St or Reynolds S Stan
3rd: Moncrief WR Ole Miss
3rd: Stork C Fla St
3rd: Easley DL Fla (Guessing they get this Comp pick for Goldson)

Thoughts??

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts??

I like Beckham. I've seen a lot of mocks with us taking him first rd.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts??

1: CB Roby (more instinctual then any other CB in the draft IMO...and his measurables are off the charts!)
2: WR Moncrief (don't think he lasts until the 3rd)
2: S Buchanon (Whitner v2.0, only much better in coverage)
3: DE Easley (he is a beast and if he returns from injury, he and Tank can be the 3-4 DE we can reload this defense around, would be surprised if he lasted until the 3rd...but so did Ray Ray so maybe there's a chance)
3: C Stork (I think he is the 2nd best C in the draft and good value in the 3rd)
3: WR Matthews (Idk why I like him, but I really do)

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1: CB Roby (more instinctual then any other CB in the draft IMO...and his measurables are off the charts!)
2: WR Moncrief (don't think he lasts until the 3rd)
2: S Buchanon (Whitner v2.0, only much better in coverage)
3: DE Easley (he is a beast and if he returns from injury, he and Tank can be the 3-4 DE we can reload this defense around, would be surprised if he lasted until the 3rd...but so did Ray Ray so maybe there's a chance)
3: C Stork (I think he is the 2nd best C in the draft and good value in the 3rd)
3: WR Matthews (Idk why I like him, but I really do)

That should be no one's opinion.