• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
WR is one of the deepest positions in this draft.

Good point. Here's how I'd rank the positions in this draft from deep to shallow (excluding K, LS, P, KR/PR):

1. OT
2. CB
3. WR
4. TE
5. RB
6. DT (starting to get shallow)
7. FS / SS
8. OLB
9. OG
10. C
11. QB
12. ILB
13. DE

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Here's how I'd rank the positions in this draft from deep to shallow (excluding K, LS, P, KR/PR):

1. OT
2. CB
3. WR
4. TE
5. RB
6. DT (starting to get shallow)
7. FS / SS
8. OLB
9. OG
10. C
11. QB
12. ILB
13. DE

I've definitely noticed the talent at the top 3 positions (OT, CB, and WR). I wish the Safety class was better, though.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It Seems like we could really try and move up in this draft since it looks like it will be more stacked than next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see baalke move up again. We have a stacked roster and he could take advantage of that.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It Seems like we could really try and move up in this draft since it looks like it will be more stacked than next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see baalke move up again. We have a stacked roster and he could take advantage of that.

They will, I just hope its f or one of the two top cb's.
Gilbert was mocked to us last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is so stacked where we pick that I don't think we should move up. We need to add more cheap young talent to take over. We already have an entire draft that basically went down the toilet. I'd like to see us trade up from the later rounds though.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we re-sign Dawson and Boldin. If we do that I see 9 no-brainer roster openings to fill the slots that could be vacated by:
Rogers
Brown
Whitner
Snyder
Dahl
Baldwin
Osgood
Goodwin
McCoy

I'm assuming Tank and Lattimore knocks out Dobbs and fills in for the departed Dixon.
Draft CBs, WRs, Safeties, interior olinemen, developmental QB. I could live with Osgood coming back with a min deal. He is a stud ST guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How? 70.30% of the completed passes for Watkins are behind the LOS to 5 yards. That's a pretty pathetic stat if you're talking about Kaepernick needs a WR that can work downfield.

Well to me it takes into account his drop rate which was under 4.5%, his ability to provide constant YAC, even in relation to the amount of screens he does run which severely tilts the value his way. The routes he runs when not on screens provides ability to explode downfield. Also, I think he could be the player the 9ers envsioned with AJ Jenkins. They (imo) value someone that can be explosive at any point of the route/catch. With relation to the value that Lee could provide at a lower cost than Watkins, with a drop rate almost triple Watkins', that to me cust that discussion off at that point.

With comparison value, If we can secure the highest ceiling player at a position while still holding on to picks in the first, second, and third rounds of THIS draft, I don't understand why we wouldn't. Most everyone is cognizant of the need at the WR position within two years. I am also not advocating selecting him and then disregarding the position, I think we have such a need at the end of crab's contract we should work on securing two high ceiling wr's. (Jeff Janis in the 4th is my other hope.)

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to me it takes into account his drop rate which was under 4.5%, his ability to provide constant YAC, even in relation to the amount of screens he does run which severely tilts the value his way. The routes he runs when not on screens provides ability to explode downfield. Also, I think he could be the player the 9ers envsioned with AJ Jenkins. They (imo) value someone that can be explosive at any point of the route/catch. With relation to the value that Lee could provide at a lower cost than Watkins, with a drop rate almost triple Watkins', that to me cust that discussion off at that point.

With comparison value, If we can secure the highest ceiling player at a position while still holding on to picks in the first, second, and third rounds of THIS draft, I don't understand why we wouldn't. Most everyone is cognizant of the need at the WR position within two years. I am also not advocating selecting him and then disregarding the position, I think we have such a need at the end of crab's contract we should work on securing two high ceiling wr's. (Jeff Janis in the 4th is my other hope.)

If they want what they envisioned Jenkins to then why trade way up for him? Whoever they thought Jenkins would be was worth the 30th pick.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If they want what they envisioned Jenkins to then why trade way up for him? Whoever they thought Jenkins would be was worth the 30th pick.

To a point yes, but if they don't feel the want to risk missing on another wr drafted at the end of the first round and we could still leave this draft with these potential picks. trade would be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd next year to move up

1st rounder - Watkins
2nd rounder -Travis Swanson, c,
3rd rounder - Kyle Fuller, CB
3rd rounder(comp) - Antone Exum, SS
4th rounder - Jeff Janis, WR
5th rounder - Aaron Colvin, CB

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Wouldn't you think that that drop rate is inflated because most of the passes he gets are from 5 yards or less? It's not like at those distances the QB will gun the ball to the receiver

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The secret is out, I was hoping we would have gotten the chance to steal him in the early 3rd round to be our center:

Xavier Su'a-Filo - G - Bruins

Draft insider Tony Pauline didn't assign a first-round grade to any interior lineman.

UCLA G Xavier Su'a-Filo, an early entrant into the draft, received a second-round grade along with fellow early enrollee David Yankey of Stanford. Mississippi State's Gabe Jackson was given a 2-3 round grade, while Alabama's Anthony Steen and Baylor's Cyril Richardson were ranked third-round talents. Su'a-Filo, 23, played left tackle as a freshman and then took a few years off due to a mission.
Source: DraftInsider.net

Jan 30 - 5:42 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I Wouldn't argue much with that assessment, it's pretty accurate IMO, the only difference with my ranking is that I would put Robinson in the 3rd round:

Allen Robinson - WR - Nittany Lions

Draft insider Tony Pauline ranked three wide receivers as sure-fire first round picks.

Clemson's Sammy Watkins, Texas A&M's Mike Evans, and USC's Marqise Lee all took home first-round grades from the evaluator. Penn State's Allen Robinson and Oregon State's Brandin Cooks landed on the 1-2 round bubble, while Florida State's Kelvin Benjamin and LSU's Odell Beckham Jr. received second-round grades.

Jan 30 - 5:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another accurate evaluation IMO. The only thing I would suggest is to envision elite guards (those who are intelligent, very strong and agile as centers):

Travis Swanson - C - Razorbacks

Arkansas' Travis Swanson and USC' Marcus Martin were rated as the draft's best two centers by draft insider Tony Pauline.

Both pulled third-round grades out of Pauline. The center position is notoriously hard to predict during the draft process because team needs plays such a big role. Razorbacks' head coach Bret Bielema said during the season that Swanson is "no less" than a second-round pick, and we tend to agree with that. Swanson's top competition for No. 1 center might end up coming not from Martin, but from stealthy draft board riser Weston Richburg of Colorado State, who has impressed scouts during the postseason exhibition phase. Richburg earned a 3-4 round grade from Pauline.

Jan 30 - 5:33 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damnnn, he'd be considered a tremendous steal at that point if he were selected at that round. Big steal similar to Chargers' situation regarding Keenan Allen. I know we are loaded at TE, but I would be very upset if we were to pass up on him at that round, unless of course someone like Purifoy was also available...

Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Huskies

Washington junior TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins drew a third-round grade from draft insider Tony Pauline.

Jace Amaro and Eric Ebron predictably were assigned the only first-round ranks amongst tight ends. Pauline also gave Notre Dame's Troy Niklas a third-round grade, while Iowa's C.J. Fiedorowicz is in the 3-4 range. We think Seferian-Jenkins will go in the second round.

Jan 30 - 5:14 PM