• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I am posting this for Sick, because I am sick (no pun intended) and tired of him saying that there is no safety in the 2014 draft who's as good a prospect as Eric Reid was last year. He hasn't watched Ha-Ha I'm assuming:

1.) How Do Scouts Break Down NFL Safety Prospects? | Bleacher Report

2.) 2014 NFL Draft: Highlighting the Top 10 Safeties | Bleacher Report

I've watched a ton of Ha Ha; I don't think he's as good as Reid. He's a great prospect, but I like Reid more; and I'm not sure he's all he's cracked up to be.

Reid is already one of the 3 or 4 best safeties in the NFL. That's a pretty high bar over which C-Dix could attempt to jump.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone like Clemson's other WR Martavis Bryant as a project? It seems like the light finally turned on for him late last year. He runs damn fast for size and he's a great redzone threat. He seems to be rising up the board (I wouldn't touch him until round 3 though)....

This would hinge on the 49ers drafting 2 WR's as there are other guys I like more that could produce sooner.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To a point yes, but if they don't feel the want to risk missing on another wr drafted at the end of the first round and we could still leave this draft with these potential picks. trade would be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd next year to move up

1st rounder - Watkins
2nd rounder -Travis Swanson, c,
3rd rounder - Kyle Fuller, CB
3rd rounder(comp) - Antone Exum, SS
4th rounder - Jeff Janis, WR
5th rounder - Aaron Colvin, CB

I don't think that trade would do it, at least to get into the top-5. It could get us into the top-10, potentially. I'm not sold on Watkins, though. He's got great ability, but our offense isn't going to maximize that talent. We don't utilize those short routes he excels on. I'd prefer more of a downfield threat who we can land later at much less expense.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone like Clemson's other WR Martavis Bryant as a project? It seems like the light finally turned on for him late last year. He runs damn fast for size and he's a great redzone threat. He seems to be rising up the board (I wouldn't touch him until round 3 though)....

This would hinge on the 49ers drafting 2 WR's as there are other guys I like more that could produce sooner.

With his speed and size, I doubt he would last to where the Niners pick in the 3rd round especially if he has a great showing at the combines

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think that trade would do it, at least to get into the top-5. It could get us into the top-10, potentially. I'm not sold on Watkins, though. He's got great ability, but our offense isn't going to maximize that talent. We don't utilize those short routes he excels on. I'd prefer more of a downfield threat who we can land later at much less expense.

Someone mentioned Crabtree as a similar type of player. Crabtree came from a spread/screen-based college offense and it took him 3-4 years to come into his own in the NFL. I don't deny that Watkins can become a well-rounded receiver, but at what cost (of draft picks) and development time?

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes very much so. Didn't realize he entered the draft, would take him as early as the 2nd

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The good news this offseason - and last offseason - is that before we start moving around the board, we should have seven picks before Seattle makes their third pick. I'm hoping Baalke can turn some of those into future picks, but with a draft this deep, we have a chance to seriously reload on both sides of the ball.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news this offseason - and last offseason - is that before we start moving around the board, we should have seven picks before Seattle makes their third pick. I'm hoping Baalke can turn some of those into future picks, but with a draft this deep, we have a chance to seriously reload on both sides of the ball.

I agree. I'm sure it will be a good mixture of both. I don't mind trading back for future picks at all. Of course, that depends who's on the board.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

Draft insider Tony Pauline listed 39 WRs with draftable grades to go along with 15 TEs that received the same designation.

15 wide receivers have top three round grades, while five tight ends have that label. Clemson's Sammy Watkins tops the receiver list and Jace Amaro tops the tight end group. 28 wide receivers and 16 tight ends were selected last year.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Jan 31 - 1:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Former NFL scout Russ Lande would be "very nervous" selecting South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney in the first half of the first-round.

"Given that he has the talent to be a dominating defender....Clowney's tendency to disappear for long stretches is maddening," Lande writes. The ex-scout added he is certain a team will select Clowney in the top-five picks since "players with his skill set come along maybe once every 10 years, and Clowney has the potential to be a Hall of Fame defensive player." It would be a shock if Clowney is not the first defensive player off the board in May.
Source: Sports on Earth

Feb 1 - 10:27 AM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is so stacked where we pick that I don't think we should move up. We need to add more cheap young talent to take over. We already have an entire draft that basically went down the toilet. I'd like to see us trade up from the later rounds though.

I agree. We need to keep getting younger and more talented as well as building our depth with talented players that can step in at a moments notice. I say stay put.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Former NFL scout Russ Lande would be "very nervous" selecting South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney in the first half of the first-round.

"Given that he has the talent to be a dominating defender....Clowney's tendency to disappear for long stretches is maddening," Lande writes. The ex-scout added he is certain a team will select Clowney in the top-five picks since "players with his skill set come along maybe once every 10 years, and Clowney has the potential to be a Hall of Fame defensive player." It would be a shock if Clowney is not the first defensive player off the board in May.
Source: Sports on Earth

Feb 1 - 10:27 AM

Really, Russ? So if Clowney is there at 15, you'd be nervous about taking him? :L

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want us to draft this kid so badly, he is so gifted and still very underrated. I think he could make one heck of a starting center or guard in the league.

Xavier Su'a-Filo - G - Bruins

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl has been impressed with UCLA G Xavier Su'a-Filo's balance.

"Can count on one hand how many times UCLA OG Su'a-Filo was on the ground through three tapes," Weidl tweeted. "Agile and plays with excellent balance." Weidl adds the guard class is much like the wide receiver class, in that the non-seniors bolster the crop. Su'a-Filo has a real chance of being the top interior lineman selected in May.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Feb 1 - 12:03 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Really, Russ? So if Clowney is there at 15, you'd be nervous about taking him? :L

Seriously. That was a case of someone wanting to sound smart. If Clowney is there at #1 (which I'm pretty sure he will be) much less 15, it'd be stupid to pass on him.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just realized my daughter turns 1 on the first day of the draft. What a way for her to celebrate her birthday! Her first NFL draft... Hope this is good luck

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just realized my daughter turns 1 on the first day of the draft. What a way for her to celebrate her birthday! Her first NFL draft... Hope this is good luck[/QUOTE

Advance Happy B-day to you daughter!!! ... Maybe Baalke can have her point at a list of players to draft :-)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I want us to draft this kid so badly, he is so gifted and still very underrated. I think he could make one heck of a starting center or guard in the league.

Xavier Su'a-Filo - G - Bruins

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl has been impressed with UCLA G Xavier Su'a-Filo's balance.

"Can count on one hand how many times UCLA OG Su'a-Filo was on the ground through three tapes," Weidl tweeted. "Agile and plays with excellent balance." Weidl adds the guard class is much like the wide receiver class, in that the non-seniors bolster the crop. Su'a-Filo has a real chance of being the top interior lineman selected in May.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Feb 1 - 12:03 PM

I'd be happy with a prospect like him at center. Saw him play both left tackle & left guard. Has he ever played center before?

Center is the biggest non-QB need of the offseason. Keep the OL strong.

Nay... Make it even stronger!

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just realized my daughter turns 1 on the first day of the draft. What a way for her to celebrate her birthday! Her first NFL draft... Hope this is good luck

That's pretty cool. But if we hit it big on the draft, you might have to keep changing her birthday every year to coincide with the draft :)