• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
CB metrics:
Peshek: CB Metrics 1.0 - Out Of The Box - Rotoworld.com

Mitchell rises and Gilbert falls.

PANIC!!!!! MOVE UP FOR MITCHELL!!!!!

jk... interesting, I would be intrigued to see some comparisons of past players coming out. As in, Revis vs group in 2007, etc.. Sherman vs group would be an interesting look as well when he came out in 2011.

I wonder if Mitchell moves up to 2nd round conversation? unless people have already been pegging him there? I haven't heard much of him personally. Any duck fans out there watch games?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1: CB Roby (more instinctual then any other CB in the draft IMO...and his measurables are off the charts!)
2: WR Moncrief (don't think he lasts until the 3rd)
2: S Buchanon (Whitner v2.0, only much better in coverage)
3: DE Easley (he is a beast and if he returns from injury, he and Tank can be the 3-4 DE we can reload this defense around, would be surprised if he lasted until the 3rd...but so did Ray Ray so maybe there's a chance)
3: C Stork (I think he is the 2nd best C in the draft and good value in the 3rd)
3: WR Matthews (Idk why I like him, but I really do)

I also like Matthews from Vandy. I think he is the nephew of Jerry Rice. He's not a burner, but he has good hands, good route runner, and has good size. He's 6'3" and 210 lbs. I don't think he will last past 2nd round.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PANIC!!!!! MOVE UP FOR MITCHELL!!!!!

jk... interesting, I would be intrigued to see some comparisons of past players coming out. As in, Revis vs group in 2007, etc.. Sherman vs group would be an interesting look as well when he came out in 2011.

I wonder if Mitchell moves up to 2nd round conversation? unless people have already been pegging him there? I haven't heard much of him personally. Any duck fans out there watch games?

There is some chatter that Mitchell is better than Ikewhatevermu the other Oregon CB that stayed in school and was considered a first round pick. I'm interested to see the numbers on the three Gatorbacks but I doubt they come.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I believe a lot of that was scheme based with Roby. Urban already said the secondary was aggressive and it was from a scheme stand point.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
RV I'm in Big Ten country like u. Roby Is big & fast, but I saw him get burned more than enuff. I wouldn't touch him n the 1st rd. IMO!!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
RV I'm in Big Ten country like u. Roby Is big & fast, but I saw him get burned more than enuff. I wouldn't touch him n the 1st rd. IMO!!

He did get burned no doubt about it. He also had 63 tackles and 13 PD this year. He had a down year. Last year he was very good. The buckeyes defense on a whole was bad. They were the complete opposite of aggressive. I think Roby will be a damn good corner. He also is a great special teams guys. I wouldn't be mad if the niners tagged him at 30. I doubt he last to our first second round pick.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would take him n the 2nd. He is a great special teams guy. I lost 50$ on OSU when they played MSU 4 the Big Ten title. Lol!!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would take him n the 2nd. He is a great special teams guy. I lost 50$ on OSU when they played MSU 4 the Big Ten title. Lol!!

Let's not talk about that game.... Still hurts. That defense was just putrid. Bosa and Spence are friggin stars though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ra'Shede Hageman - DL - Golden Gophers

Minnesota DL Ra'Shede Hageman is "scheme friendly for all 32 clubs," according to Senior Bowl Director Phil Savage.

Savage believes the 6-foot-6, 311-pound former Gopher with 33 3/4-inch arms is athletic enough to play either 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. "He flashes rare athletic skills and is difficult to knock off his feet," Savage said. "Against direct runs, he has the size to anchor and hold his ground, yet possesses the quickness and balance to chase from the backside. As a pass rusher, he is hit-and-miss, however, there is enough bend and strength to push the pocket and enough lateral quickness to get through half-a-man." If we were running an NFL team with a pick near the end of the first-round, we'd ensure that Hageman didn't slip to Day Two.
Source: SeniorBowl.com

Feb 5 - 5:45 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

An NFC scout said 49ers DE Aldon Smith was a better player at this point in his career than South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney.

"Is he going to become a Day 1 starter?" the scout said. "I really don't know that. Aldon Smith, watching him in college, he was pretty raw, but he was further along, in my opinion, than Clowney is. But obviously, Clowney is more athletic than him, so I don't know. ... He could be [Julius] Peppers in time. But to say he's going to walk in the league Day 1 and rip it up, tear it up, like Ndamukong Suh or Aldon Smith or Von Miller? It's hard for me to say that ... He's not a better rusher than Von Miller." Former Philadelphia Eagles scout John Middlekauff expressed off-the-field concerns about Clowney: "I have no reservations about his physical attributes and upside. To me, it's more the off-the-field stuff. I want to know what makes this guy tick." The former Gamecocks star continues to confound scouts, but we'd be comfortable taking him in the Top-3.
Source: SportsIllustrated.com

Feb 5 - 6:31 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

An NFC scout said 49ers DE Aldon Smith was a better player at this point in his career than South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney.

"Is he going to become a Day 1 starter?" the scout said. "I really don't know that. Aldon Smith, watching him in college, he was pretty raw, but he was further along, in my opinion, than Clowney is. But obviously, Clowney is more athletic than him, so I don't know. ... He could be [Julius] Peppers in time. But to say he's going to walk in the league Day 1 and rip it up, tear it up, like Ndamukong Suh or Aldon Smith or Von Miller? It's hard for me to say that ... He's not a better rusher than Von Miller." Former Philadelphia Eagles scout John Middlekauff expressed off-the-field concerns about Clowney: "I have no reservations about his physical attributes and upside. To me, it's more the off-the-field stuff. I want to know what makes this guy tick." The former Gamecocks star continues to confound scouts, but we'd be comfortable taking him in the Top-3.
Source: SportsIllustrated.com

Feb 5 - 6:31 PM

This is called running out of things to say about a guy and trying to say anything, anything at all, to sound relevant.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jameis Winston - QB - Player

Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher told reporters Wednesday that he doesn't expect 2013 Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston to enter the 2015 NFL draft.

"I expect Jameis to be here two more years," Fisher stated. It's probably just rose-colored hope on the part of Fisher, who would obviously prefer his dynamic quarterback to play (at least) three college seasons before going pro. Winston redshirted in 2012, and will indeed be eligible for the 2015 draft. As a redshirt freshman in 2013, Winston compiled a 40:10 TD-to-INT ratio and led the Noles to a national title. He's the heavy favorite to be selected No. 1 overall in 2015, and likely would've been the No. 1 pick this year were he eligible.
Source: FSU Football on Twitter

Feb 5 - 8:29 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weston Richburg - C - Rams

Reese's Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage believes that Colorado State senior C Weston Richburg "really helped himself" at the Senior Bowl.

"When I went back and watched the tape, excellent hand positioning, good knee bend, he's strong in terms of anchoring the pocket," Savage said. "I thought he definitely emerged as one of the better interior lineman for the North." CBS Sports' Rob Rang wrote last month that Richburg is gaining on Arkansas' Travis Swanson as the nation's top center prospect.
Source: YouTube.com

Feb 4 - 10:12 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryan Stork - C - Seminoles

Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage was pleasantly surprised by the play of Florida State redshirt senior center Bryan Stork at the exhibition.

"He was working through some physical ailments coming off the BCS title game, but showed extreme toughness, very good technique, hands were on the inside, enough agility to maneuver and work the pocket from that center spot," Savage said. Stork won the 2013 Rimington Trophy given to the nation's best center. The 6-foot-4, 300-pounder, who snapped the ball to Heisman winner QB Jameis Winston, led an offensive line that blocked for one of the nation's best offenses. "I think he emerges... as a player who has some momentum heading into the combine," Savage said.

Feb 4 - 11:01 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zack Martin - T - Fighting Irish

"Most people" project Notre Dame OL Zack Martin as a "Pro Bowl-level guard," according to Reese's Senior Bowl Executive Director Phil Savage.

Savage added that he believes Martin can overcome his less-than-ideal height and arm length to become an NFL left tackle. Martin has taken huge steps this offseason to dispel evaluators' concern with his lack of size. He shot up to debut at No. 17 overall on Mel Kiper's Big Board late last month after a big Senior Bowl week. "Martin is a great competitor, and absorbs power well for a tackle with shorter arms, but he also handles speed pretty effectively due to his quick feet," Kiper wrote at the time. "The arms could make him a likelier bet to land at guard, but the fact that he can play tackle at a pretty high level will get him looks there."

Feb 4 - 9:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is called running out of things to say about a guy and trying to say anything, anything at all, to sound relevant.

:agree:

South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney could play in any defensive system, according to ESPN's Mel Kiper.

Kiper's comments came in response to a Twitter question in which he was asked if Clowney could play in a 3-4 system at the next level. "Can 'translate' to anything," Kiper wrote. "Coaches adjust to great talent -- don't overthink system fit." Clowney is a likely Top-5 pick, and it'd be a surprise if he didn't land with a 4-3 defense.
Source: Mel Kiper on Twitter

Feb 4 - 7:44 PM