• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morgan Moses - T - Cavaliers

Scouts Inc.'s staff believes Virginia T Morgan Moses displayed the best pass protection skill of any offensive lineman during the Senior Bowl.

"Moses can work on his consistency, but he uses his length to cut off the edge, shows the ability to redirect and is strong enough to anchor," the trio of Todd McShay, Kevin Weidl, and Steve Muench wrote. Moses has great length and a desirable frame, but we just can;t get over his waist bending ways. He has a chance at a second-round selection, but our own Josh Norris does not agree with that evaluation at this time.
Source: ESPN

Jan 27 - 10:52 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he drops to the 15th pick, do we bite? I highly, highly doubt it:

Anthony Barr - LB - Bruins

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay called UCLA edge rusher Anthony Barr's game against Arizona "a little disturbing."

Our own Josh Norris has ranked Khalil Mack over Anthony Barr for some time, and expect the national evaluation to move that way the closer we get to the draft. Barr will put up great numbers at the Combine, but he is not as far along in his development as given credit for. He still wins with great speed off the edge, but it is apparent that Barr has only spent two seasons on the defensive side of the ball.
Source: Todd McShay on Twitter

Jan 27 - 12:39 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like a quick bandaid fix like they did with Tank Carradine last year:

Zach Mettenberger - QB - Tigers

LSU QB Zach Mettenberger is already working on agility and drop-back drills, according to ESPN's Adam Caplan.

Mettenberger underwent ACL surgery 24 days ago and was forced to delay the procedure so his MCL could heal. Caplan notes Mettenberger already has "really good" range of motion. It appears there is a chance that Mettenberger participates in some aspect of the pre-draft process, but we still expect him to be selected on the third day.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Jan 27 - 12:50 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
While we're on Moncrief youtube videos, check out this TD grab. That's Kenny Vaccaro he dusts for the TD after jumping over the CB, & Vaccaro under-estimates his speed.

He burned Eric Reid for a TD in 2012 too:

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't get the fan base upset at the Lone Star State. Don't do it to Bridgewater! If they draft him, those nuts over there will approach him on some: "We don't take your kind 'round here, boy!!"

Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

Billboards are beginning to sprout up around Houston that proclaim, "Keep Johnny Football in Texas!"

The campaign to urge the Texans to select Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel No. 1 is the brainchild of attorney and Texas A&M Board of Regents member Tony Buzbee. Interestingly, Buzbee is one of owner Bob McNair's neighbors. In addition, Buzbee created the website draftjohnnymanziel.com, which emphatically states: "Dont' blow it Bob -- Draft Johnny!"
Source: Mike McCoy on Twitter

Jan 27 - 7:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arthur Lynch - TE - Bulldogs

Georgia TE Arthur Lynch "had an outstanding week of practice and helped his draft stock" at the Senior Bowl, according to NFL.com's Chase Goodbread.

After putting on a show for scouts during the week, Lynch had to be dismayed that he only caught one pass for one yard during Saturday's game. Playing with an inconsistent group of South QBs, scouts are sure to forgive Lynch's effort. Lynch, a highly regarded prep prospect, excels as an in-line blocker. He'll be a third-day pick.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 27 - 7:16 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crockett Gillmore - TE - Rams

Colorado State TE Crockett Gilmore had a Senior Bowl-high five catches, 61 receiving yards and scored the first touchdown of the game.

Gilmore (6-foot-6, 255 pounds) barely practiced at all during the week because he was a late addition due to injuries on the roster. It didn't matter, as he left the game as one of its offensive stars. The former defensive end caught 107 passes for 1,264 yards and eight touchdowns over three seasons with the Rams.

Jan 27 - 7:29 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle is going to draft him for obvious reasons. He has special skills.

Chris Davis - DB - Tigers

NFL.com's Chase Goodbread noted that Auburn CB Chris Davis "had some issues in coverage during the practice week" at the Senior Bowl.

Two different scouts told the writer that Davis was "holding receivers downfield too much." While Davis didn't show NFL execs much during drills, he put on a show during the game, grabbing an interception and slithering for an impressive 17-yard return. Davis was a three-year starter at Auburn.

Jan 27 - 7:43 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmie Ward - DB - Huskies

CBS Sports's Rob Rang deemed NIU S Jimmie Ward the "Senior Bowl's most impressive pass defender this year."

"Scouts knew heading into the Senior Bowl that Ward possessed the fluidity and instincts to cover but competition in the MAC is much different than in Mobile," Rang wrote. Ward (5-foot-11, 192 pounds) is "athletic enough to handle deep coverage, as well as slide down to cover slot receivers," according to the evaluator. Ward, considered a good leader, was a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award last season, given annually to the nation's top defensive back.
Source: CBS Sports

Jan 27 - 7:59 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weston Richburg - C - Rams

CBS Sports' Rob Rang notes that Colorado State senior C Weston Richburg's stock is "rising quickly."

Rang concedes that Arkansas' Travis Swanson is the nation's top center prospect, but Richburg is gaining ground. Teams in need of a center will certainly investigate Richburg's tape with fervor in the coming months. "Richburg showed the anchor to handle powerful bull-rushers, as well as impressive agility in getting to the second level," Rang wrote.

Jan 27 - 8:17 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morgan Moses - T - Cavaliers

Virginia T Morgan Moses improved his draft stock at the Senior Bowl, wrote Rob Rang of CBS Sports.

This sentiment was echoed by Scout Inc., which rated Moses' pass protection skill as the best of any lineman at the Senior Bowl. "At 6-foot-6, 325 pounds, Moses possesses the frame you'd expect of a dominating run blocker and he showed the ability to clear wide rushing lanes throughout the week," Rang wrote. "Moses boosted his stock this week, however, by providing reliable pass protection, demonstrating the arm length (34 3/4"), balance and surprising athleticism teams are looking for in a top-64 selection." Rotoworld's Josh Norris loves Moses' frame, but isn't enamored with the tackle's propensity to bend at the waist.

Jan 27 - 9:21 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stephen Morris - QB - Hurricanes

Scouts referred to Miami QB Stephen Morris as "Tin Cup" at the Senior Bowl due to his ease at making difficult throws and his struggles with executing routine passes.

"Morris boasts a strong arm and throws the deep ball with touch, but like the other two quarterbacks on the North squad (Boyd and Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas), he struggled with accuracy throughout the week," wrote CBS Sports' Rob Rang. Rotoworld's Josh Norris labeled Morris "undraftable" after Senior Bowl week. An up-and-down 2013 season did Morris' pro aspirations no favors, and he has further complicated his situation by struggling at the Senior Bowl exhibition and measuring in at a disappointing 6'1 and 3/4ths of an inch and 208 pounds.

Jan 27 - 9:39 PM

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him play against 'Bama for the first time last year and he got eaten up alive on that game by Barret Jones and DJ Fluker. Perhaps it wasn't his fault b/c if your dlinemen are outmatched by the opposing offensive line unit, there's not much you can do when offensive linemen are already in the second level… Despite that he didn't show that he had enough speed or agility to play with the big boys.

However, I also seen a couple other games he has played in 2012 and one game this year in which I can't recall against whom. The guy is a thumper!! He knows how to shoot gaps and deliver the big hits on running backs behind the LOS. He reminds me a lot of Vontaze Burfict with regard to his instincts and his ability to deliver punishing hits. I really admire his tenacity!!

HOWEVER, he is a liability against much faster players such as an athletic pass catching tall TE. We ask a lot of our ILBs to be able to play man-to-man against TEs. I think he would struggle mightily with that particular assignment. Also, I questioned his speed, he takes forever to get sidelines to sidelines. He's the type of MLB that will be able to play extremely well against a power back such as Lacy, Zach Stacy, and Lynch, but really struggle against a Giovanni Bernard, Andre Ellington, Isiah Pead. He is a guy I would definitely welcome to see in a 49ers uni, he has that mentality, tenacity that we play with - but at the same time he's a liability in certain aspect of the game.

I like him just as much as I like Telvin Smith of FSU. Jackson I think will get drafted first, but Smith, being that he's a former safety, would fit right in our system with regard to having the innate skills set to run and cover backs and TEs. If Smith can be stashed on our practice squad for 2 years and put him in a serious training program to gain weight, that dude would be a beast in the league. He's only been a starter as a LB for one year, and has accomplished a whole lot in this short period of time.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread about Smith, but to answer your question, Jackson in the right defense would make a team very proud in a short period of time. he has the "it" factor - you just have to hide his deficiencies similar to how the Seahawks are able to hide Kam Chancellor's as SS in their scheme.

Right on for the info, but if you find him on one of those things you be posting would you please post.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who are your favourite possible late 2nd round / 3rd round & lower guys this year?

So far mine are:

Seantrel Henderson, Dominique Easley & Donte Moncrief.

Maybe Connnor Shaw if he fell far enough.

And that's about it. Not really enamoured of the depth in this draft class. Which is weird because a record number of juniours declared.

Have to add a name to this list I've forgotten: Will Sutton. Probably better at the 3 technique than the 5; but his stock has taken a monumental fall from last year, and he didn't all of a sudden turn into a marginally-draftable player like Quinton Dial or something.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Logan Thomas - QB - Hokies

Draft insider Tony Pauline noted grades from NFL evaluators on Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas range from the second-round to the fifth-round.

"I get the idea there’s a general feeling teams really wanting to like Thomas," Pauline adds. "He has the physical skills teams desire and many point to constant coordinator changes at Virginia Tech as a major problem in the development of Thomas." The Hokie is not a good quarterback right now, but upside is an obsession, especially compared to prospects at the position who might be limited. We expect Thomas to be selected in the third- or fourth-round.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Jan 28 - 9:32 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shayne Skov - LB - Cardinal

Stanford ILB Shayne Skov "will not run faster than 4.8-seconds" in the forty at the NFL Combine, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

Pauline adds Skov bowed out of the Senior Bowl to prepare for the Combine. We love the event for the spectacle that it is, but forty times can be overblown for prospects who fill certain roles. For example, Brandon Spikes ran a 5.05 at Florida's pro day. Skov improved his game in 2013, likely due to health.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Jan 28 - 9:42 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then why is Moncrief not getting the hype?

He wasn't fed the ball a lot and his QB missed him on so many deep passes that I'm surprised Moncrief didn't go T.O. on him. Moncrief also roasted Jonathan Banks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you!!! You're maybe the first person I've read who's joining me imbibing of the Moncrief Koolaid. I like Jordan Matthews a lot, but when I saw Moncrief play I was like...

Moncrief is bigger. Moncrief is faster. They both are similar, but Moncrief is both bigger & faster. Why is Matthews ranked ahead of Moncrief again?

People see Moncrief run & they don't realize how big the guy is. He's listed at 6'3 223. That's the same height & 3 pounds bigger than Julio Jones.

First time I saw him I thought he was 6'4" and I was thinking damn this guy makes Benjamin look like a stiff cock trying to run. Then I pulled up his height and his school says 6'3" but I think draft scout had him at 6'2" and change. I'm really interested to find out the truth on that.