• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I mean how could you not love this guy? I might even like him more than Hageman if his knee is 100%. Maybe.

ehs.gif

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who are your favourite possible late 2nd round / 3rd round & lower guys this year?

Zach Mettenberger; Carlos Hyde; Ka'Deem Carey; Bishop Sankey; Charles Sims; Chris Borland; Loucheiz Purifoy; Jean-Baptiste; Dominique Easley; Ben Gardner; Deone Bucannon; Kurtis Drummond; Xavier Su'a-Filo.

I would consider those players to be "steals" if you can grab them in the late 2nd early 3rd round. If I were to do a list for 4th round picks, of course it's natural that the list will look much more extensive. For instance, there are certain players you wouldn't be happy with in the first round, but if you happen to grab them there in the 3rd round you would do backflips for (i.e. Keenan Allen).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see how the Vikings would pass up on him. The way he throws that quick screen passes…a match made in heaven for a player like Cordarelle Patterson:

Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

Fresno State QB Derek Carr finished 7 of 12 for 45 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's Senior Bowl.

Rotoworld's Josh Norris believed that Carr's draft stock remained steady during the All-Star week. "We know he has an arm to hit every level of the field despite throwing plenty of screens in college," Norris wrote in his Senior Bowl Review. "Carr doesn't always throw from a balanced base, but he has improved willingness to take a hit on release. His footwork can be a mess, though, and that will frustrate the fanbase where he lands, similarly to Jay Cutler or Matthew Stafford. Carr has a great arm and he knows it." Carr measured in at 6'2 and 1/8th of an inch and 215 pounds at the event.
Source: Rotoworld

Jan 26 - 7:17 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Borland - LB - Badgers

Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland collected a Senior Bowl-high eight tackles, one TFL and forced a fumble, and "filled gaps between the tackles fearlessly," according to NFL.com's Chase Goodbread.

"The NFL Scouting Combine, where Borland's 40-yard dash will be the race of his life, figures to determine a lot about Borland's draft status," wrote Goodbread. Borland (5-foot-11, 243 pounds) is often compared to former Dolphins' star Zach Thomas. Few attack blockers with the same pop and technique as Borland.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 26 - 7:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Logan Thomas - QB - Hokies

NFL.com's Chase Goodbread writes that "pocket presence remains an issue for" Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas.

Thomas struggled mightily in Saturday's Senior Bowl, taking as many sacks, five, as he had pass attempts. "Credit him for being fearless in the pocket and seeking open receivers in the face of a rush, but at some point, he's got to learn to move within the pocket to buy himself an extra second of time to throw. He didn't do that Saturday," Goodbread wrote. The 6-foot-6, 254-pound signal caller will be over-drafted in May because of his body.

Jan 26 - 7:44 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Panthers

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks wrote that Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo "has jumped squarely on the radar of every NFL executive with his solid play over the past two weeks."

NFL.com colleague Daniel Jeremiah called Garoppolo the biggest winner of the East-West Shrine Game, and the EUI QB also stood out amongst Senior Bowl signal callers. "Garoppolo showed exceptional footwork making throws inside the pocket, while also displaying remarkable athleticism and body control tossing the ball on the move," Brooks wrote. "In addition, Garoppolo has made quick, decisive reads with the ball, showing a compact delivery and quick release. Although Garoppollo's play won't vault him into consideration as a franchise quarterback, there are several teams that will view him as an intriguing developmental prospect with starting potential based on his strong showing in Mobile."

Jan 26 - 8:02 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Zach Mettenberger; Carlos Hyde; Ka'Deem Carey; Bishop Sankey; Charles Sims; Chris Borland; Loucheiz Purifoy; Jean-Baptiste; Dominique Easley; Ben Gardner; Deone Bucannon; Kurtis Drummond; Xavier Su'a-Filo.

I would consider those players to be "steals" if you can grab them in the late 2nd early 3rd round. If I were to do a list for 4th round picks, of course it's natural that the list will look much more extensive. For instance, there are certain players you wouldn't be happy with in the first round, but if you happen to grab them there in the 3rd round you would do backflips for (i.e. Keenan Allen).

You're really that high on Mettenberger? You sure you want to endorse an LSU QB with great college receivers? (think 2007).

I'd be surprised to see Jean-Baptiste still on the board in the late 2nd.

Xavier Su'a-Filo? Do you see him as a center? I'm not sure I like his feet enough.

Purifoy would be great in the late 2nd. But, like J-B, I'd be surprised to see him there.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Borland - LB - Badgers

Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland collected a Senior Bowl-high eight tackles, one TFL and forced a fumble, and "filled gaps between the tackles fearlessly," according to NFL.com's Chase Goodbread.

"The NFL Scouting Combine, where Borland's 40-yard dash will be the race of his life, figures to determine a lot about Borland's draft status," wrote Goodbread. Borland (5-foot-11, 243 pounds) is often compared to former Dolphins' star Zach Thomas. Few attack blockers with the same pop and technique as Borland.

Jan 26 - 7:28 PM

Im not sure if Borland has ball skills or not, but he'd make a helluva fb if he does.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're really that high on Mettenberger? You sure you want to endorse an LSU QB with great college receivers? (think 2007).

I'd be surprised to see Jean-Baptiste still on the board in the late 2nd.

Xavier Su'a-Filo? Do you see him as a center? I'm not sure I like his feet enough.

Purifoy would be great in the late 2nd. But, like J-B, I'd be surprised to see him there.

Yes I am high on him based on where he is projected to go - if Mettenberger is there in the 3rd I would consider him. In the 3rd round, you're not trying to get your "franchise QB". You're simply trying to get your solid backup number 2 QB for the future. A guy that can come in for Kaep, if he were to get hurt for 2-3 weeks. You would want a QB that can step in and make some key throws at crucial times, without having to rely on the guy to have to win the game for us on his own. Just rely on our defense, play mistake free football and make the key throws in due time. Like McCown had done this year in the relief of Jay Cutler.

Su'a-Filo can play guard very well, but I think he could also make the transition to center and play that position just as well in the NFL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im not sure if Borland has ball skills or not, but he'd make a helluva fb if he does.

Why make him change position and he can be a starter in the league at his current position. A position that is in high demand at that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seantrel Henderson - T - Hurricanes

Miami T Seantrel Henderson struggled during the Senior Bowl.

A forgettable week of practice culminated in a game in which Henderson repeatedly allowed North edge rushers to pressure his quarterbacks. "This film is going to be scrutinized more than any tape they put out there," North coach Mike Smith of the Atlanta Falcons said. That's not a comforting thought for the massive tackle. Rotoworld's Josh Norris noted the drop of Henderson's stock in his Senior Bowl Review column. "Henderson seemed to plateau and failed to use his combination of athleticism and strength effectively," Norris wrote. "I still think Henderson can be successful if he lands with the right team."

Jan 26 - 8:15 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stephen Morris - QB - Hurricanes

Miami QB Stephen Morris was 10 of 18 for a game-high 89 yards but was also intercepted twice in Saturday's Senior Bowl.

Rotoworld's Josh Norris called Morris "undraftable" in his post-game column, writing that the former Hurricanes QB was "solely a vertical passer." NFL.com's Bucky Brooks, another former admirer, was likewise underwhelmed by Morris' performance. "I was disappointed with his lack of accuracy and ball placement. He repeatedly missed open receivers at intermediate range, and tossed a pair of interceptions in the fourth quarter," Brooks wrote.

Jan 26 - 8:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Ford - DL - Tigers

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks believes Auburn senior DE Dee Ford "is building a strong case to be included in the conversation as a possible first-round selection" in May's draft.

Ford burst onto the first-round radar over the weekend after registering two sacks and earning MVP honors in Saturday's Senior Bowl. "I made a little money," Ford said after the game, a clear reference to his draft stock. "Ford was the most dominant pass rusher in 1-on-1 and team drills throughout the week; he continued to overwhelm blockers with his exceptional first-step quickness and snap count anticipation," Brooks wrote. "Ford ... [displayed] spectacular disruptive skills off the edge" and "seemingly lived in the backfield on passing plays."

Jan 26 - 8:46 PM

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say Allen has shown he had first round talent with his play this year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would say Allen has shown he had first round talent with his play this year.

Most of us knew that. We were shocked he lasted that long in the draft. I was mad that we had used our 3rd round pick for the trade to grab Eric Reid, and therefore we weren't able to steal him with our first 3rd round pick. Oh well. Hopefully we can get another player in this year's draft that will fall out of the first round to the 3rd round.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they can, I do think Lattimore has the potential to be a steal if he can come back from the injury.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the Vikings would pass up on him. The way he throws that quick screen passes…a match made in heaven for a player like Cordarelle Patterson:

Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

Fresno State QB Derek Carr finished 7 of 12 for 45 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's Senior Bowl.

Rotoworld's Josh Norris believed that Carr's draft stock remained steady during the All-Star week. "We know he has an arm to hit every level of the field despite throwing plenty of screens in college," Norris wrote in his Senior Bowl Review. "Carr doesn't always throw from a balanced base, but he has improved willingness to take a hit on release. His footwork can be a mess, though, and that will frustrate the fanbase where he lands, similarly to Jay Cutler or Matthew Stafford. Carr has a great arm and he knows it." Carr measured in at 6'2 and 1/8th of an inch and 215 pounds at the event.
Source: Rotoworld

Jan 26 - 7:17 PM

It was a pipe dream anyways, but Carr is the guy I would've considered had he dropped to the second. Was hoping people would be talking more about Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater. Brilliant arm, built the same way as Aaron Rodgers. Outstanding release, quick feet, mechanically sound, and a LIVE arm. #1 QB in this draft. I don't think he's a guy that can start right away though. I'd want to him to sit on the bench a year to soak it all in. He also needs to work some on his pocket movement and his post-snap reads and reading off coverage.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pipe dream anyways, but Carr is the guy I would've considered had he dropped to the second. Was hoping people would be talking more about Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater. Brilliant arm, built the same way as Aaron Rodgers. Outstanding release, quick feet, mechanically sound, and a LIVE arm. #1 QB in this draft. I don't think he's a guy that can start right away though. I'd want to him to sit on the bench a year to soak it all in. He also needs to work some on his pocket movement and his post-snap reads and reading off coverage.

I'm a little surprised that you like him as the #1 prospect. I had a feeling he was going to get a bad wrap because of the level of competition and the obvious comparisons to his brother. I actually think he has a lot better chance of succeeding than his brother, which isn't saying much, but if anything he's going to be under estimated. At what point do we even draft a backup QB? I'm personally okay with the 2nd round if they feel like the guy we're drafting is a steal at that point in the draft.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your favourite possible late 2nd round / 3rd round & lower guys this year?

So far mine are:

Seantrel Henderson, Dominique Easley & Donte Moncrief.

Maybe Connnor Shaw if he fell far enough.

And that's about it. Not really enamoured of the depth in this draft class. Which is weird because a record number of juniours declared.

Loving me some Moncrief. Him and Bucannon in the 2nd would float my boat. I really can't believe how little Moncrief is talked about. He is the total package. Size, hands, routes, run blocking, acceleration, I don't see him caught from behind either. I think if he had a decent QB he would be talked about as a first round pick. Well there is still the combine so he could blow that up and wind up there anyway. I'm kind of hoping he doesn't time well so we can steal him. He clearly has game speed so I'm not worried about his 40 time.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make him change position and he can be a starter in the league at his current position. A position that is in high demand at that.

Not a position change, iron man style. The way it seems this staff likes lbs to be.

He'll probably go too high for us to grab him though, I can't see Borland going late 3rd.

Now I can see Andrew Jackson being drafted by us late 3rd and playing both sides of the ball.