• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If we draft Roby in the first I would break my TV. It would mean that we passed up on a much better player (Hageman per se). Why get no instincts Roby in the first when you can get Jalen Watkins, Purifoy, or Jean Baptiste in the 2nd (those guys are just as good with better upside)?

Better upside than Roby??? Roby's got quickness & toughness you simply can't teach. He had a down year, but he was dealing with injuries.

And I'm pretty sure Watkins & Hageman go well before Roby, so that's not really a fair comparison. It's like saying Clowney would be a better pick to a lesser extent.

I'm all for Purifoy though. His teammate Roberson too. They'd probably be good 2nd-round picks. But they're not in Roby's class as far as talent goes.

Jean-Baptiste is on my radar too, but I'm dying for a Roby / Cromartie (either one) combo' at CB next year.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're on the same page with him. Solid prospect, but I wasn't overly impressed with him.

I'm still a much bigger fan of Bradley Roby; Roby's a must-have for me at this point.

Roby's one of the few guys we agree on Sickness. Tremendous talent. You can teach discipline and focus, you can't teach what he has.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Roby's one of the few guys we agree on Sickness. Tremendous talent. You can teach discipline and focus, you can't teach what he has.

"Few" guys? So far we only disagree about Matthews. And I like Matthews! A lot. I'd just rather have Marqise Lee because I think WRs like him are harder to find, and he can open up the play book more. And I'm maintaining my man-crush on Moncrief.

On whom else do we disagree? I'd be interested to hear what you think because I neglected my NCAA-watching responsibilities this year a little bit for boring stuff like graduating from college. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Better upside than Roby??? Roby's got quickness & toughness you simply can't teach. He had a down year, but he was dealing with injuries.

And I'm pretty sure Watkins & Hageman go well before Roby, so that's not really a fair comparison. It's like saying Clowney would be a better pick to a lesser extent.

I'm all for Purifoy though. His teammate Roberson too. They'd probably be good 2nd-round picks. But they're not in Roby's class as far as talent goes.

Jean-Baptiste is on my radar too, but I'm dying for a Roby / Cromartie (either one) combo' at CB next year.

I was referring to Sammy Watkins' brother Jalen. Hageman will be in 9ers range (we will be trading once again Sick). Anyway, Chris Culliver has great speed and toughness as well that you simply can't teach, but he is a certified bum. I'm not questioning Roby's athleticism, if it were that he would be in the Champ Bailey level or close to it. I am only concern about his instincts for that position.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was referring to Sammy Watkins' brother Jalen.

ohigetit.jpg

Hageman will be in 9ers range (we will be trading once again Sick). Anyway, Chris Culliver has great speed and toughness as well that you simply can't teach, but he is a certified bum.[/QUOTE]

Culliver has speed you can't teach; Roby has quickness you can't teach. Roby's acceleration is just ridiculous, and that's much more important than straight-line speed when playing CB (as you know).

I'd be all for trading up for Hageman. He, Watkins (of the Sammy persuasion), Lee, Nix & Clowney are the only guys for whom I'd trade up at this point.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix would be a beast in the middle of the 49ers 3-4 defense.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probably the only two picks I like on there. Landy I can live with, but I'm thinking there might be a better option at WR at that point (like Matthews).

Dennard in the first I can definitely live with, but I'd like him much more in the 2nd. He's the type of CB you're gonna have to move around to find the right matchups for him game-to-game but when you do he'll do really well. He's also an awesome tackler and a great technician.

My opinion is much higher on Dennard, I think he can be a shutdown corner in the NFL, and should be considered an early-mid 1st rounder (11-15 overall). He's good to excellent at everything but catching the ball, but that in my opinion is the only thing keeping him from being a top 10 pick.

And Jarvis Landry:

He makes plays when it matters and he can make the highest degree of difficulty plays like this one.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Culliver has speed you can't teach; Roby has quickness you can't teach. Roby's acceleration is just ridiculous, and that's much more important than straight-line speed when playing CB (as you know).
[/B]

But he's a terrible CB. He's not even remotely good, he gets burned constantly. He could be the best special teams gunner next year, but what makes you believe he's worth putting at CB? Best case scenario he gets moved to SS.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix would be a beast in the middle of the 49ers 3-4 defense.

I would be shocked if the team spent any high pick on DL this year. Last year DL depth was a major weakness going into the offseason, this year it looks to be a strength. Next year we have Tank, Dial, TJE and Dobbs as back ups with Dorsey (who played pretty well) and Ian Williams coming back. We have more depth than we know what to do with at the moment.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that stat reflective of who is and who isn't a good CB though? Do you regret Nate Clements not being on the team last year? Or is Fletcher the best CB in the league, NFC, NFC West, on his own team?

It's reflective of the notion that he's not "terrible". He was a 2nd year CB making a position switch, and has crazy potential to boot. He has earned every right to compete for a starting job this off-season.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's reflective of the notion that he's not "terrible". He was a 2nd year CB making a position switch, and has crazy potential to boot. He has earned every right to compete for a starting job this off-season.

So after a "spectacular" year, Mike Harris, from the Jags gets demoted to 4th string on the roster behind the likes of Gratz, Ball, W. Blackmon. This PFF sig stat is awful, it obviously doesn't correlate well to being best.

EDIT: By the way, when I quoted sickness I was talking about Roby. Culliver sucks too though,.. CONTINUE

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after a "spectacular" year, Mike Harris, from the Jags gets demoted to 4th string on the roster behind the likes of Gratz, Ball, W. Blackmon. This PFF sig stat is awful, it obviously doesn't correlate well to being best.

EDIT: By the way, when I quoted sickness I was talking about Roby. Culliver sucks too though,.. CONTINUE

169.png

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah spoke with multiple NFL teams who were impressed by Fresno State QB Derek Carr's "maturity and football intelligence" after interviewing him.

Carr exited the event just as he entered it, as the top ranked attendee at the position. Jeremiah ranks Eastern Illinois' Jimmy Garoppolo as the No. 2 passer at the event, followed by David Fales, Tajh Boyd, Logan Thomas, and Stephen Morris. Our own Josh Norris ranked them in the same order, except he placed Thomas at No. 4 and Boyd at No. 5.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 26 - 12:52 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So what position do you take on Seantrel Henderson? He was a disaster last year with injuries & behavioral issues, but would you want the Niners to invest a pick on him in hopes that he might be a winning lottery ticket like they hope Lattimore is?

I think Bryant McKinnie has proven you can be a complete dumbass & douche bag off the field & still consistently play at a high level at tackle. Henderson has had all kinds of problems, but the man is simply a gargantuan mass of humanity who can move freakishly quickly for a 6'8 350 monster.

The Niners need to hit some home runs in the draft to prevent the salary cap / injures / age from deteriourating the overall talent level. Henderson is definitely on my radar. And with the insane tackle talent in this draft class, he shouldn't be that high of a pick.

What say you? Take a project to ride the pine a few years & see if he can replace a guy? Or would you pass?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what position do you take on Seantrel Henderson? He was a disaster last year with injuries & behavioral issues, but would you want the Niners to invest a pick on him in hopes that he might be a winning lottery ticket like they hope Lattimore is?

I think Bryant McKinnie has proven you can be a complete dumbass & douche bag off the field & still consistently play at a high level at tackle. Henderson has had all kinds of problems, but the man is simply a gargantuan mass of humanity who can move freakishly quickly for a 6'8 350 monster.

The Niners need to hit some home runs in the draft to prevent the salary cap / injures / age from deteriourating the overall talent level. Henderson is definitely on my radar. And with the insane tackle talent in this draft class, he shouldn't be that high of a pick.

What say you? Take a project to ride the pine a few years & see if he can replace a guy? Or would you pass?

He's a little better than Phil Loadholt. I don't think he has what it takes to be a franchise LT based on what what I have seen thus far in his career, but he still has room to develop and be very good. He got abused last night by Van Noy of BYU.

I am extremely happy in having Alex Boone as our emergency LT if Staley were to go down. Seantrel could be our emergency RT and we could develop him as our Phil Loadholt type of player. Not sure he will last beyond the 2nd round though simply b/c a team will fall in love with his size and upside. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a team moves up to draft him at the end of the first / early second. The Seahawks did that a couple years ago with Carpenter. I don't want us to address the T position until the 4th or 5th round. Seantrell will be long gone by then.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's a little better than Phil Loadholt. I don't think he has what it takes to be a franchise LT based on what what I have seen thus far in his career, but he still has room to develop and be very good. He got abused last night by Van Noy of BYU.

I am extremely happy in having Alex Boone as our emergency LT if Staley were to go down. Seantrel could be our emergency RT and we could develop him as our Phil Loadholt type of player. Not sure he will last beyond the 2nd round though simply b/c a team will fall in love with his size and upside. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a team moves up to draft him at the end of the first / early second. The Seahawks did that a couple years agao with Carpenter. I don't want us to address the T position until the 4th or 5th round. Seantrell will be long gone by then.

Well I made the mistake of under-valuing Loadholt because he played LT was going up against the other teams' best pass-rushers. He's clearly a good RT.

Henderson has played RT, but he's significantly quicker than Loadholt. He'd be really tempting to take. If he developed quickly & the team believed in him the team could trade Anthony Davis to shore up cap room for another position of need.

2nd round seems about right for him. I hope he falls much lower & the Niners pull up quick to retrieve it. There aren't a ton of players past th3 early 3rd round I absolutely love in this draft (unlike last year & especially 2010). Moncrief might be one; we'll see. Henderson would definitely be another if he's there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who are your favourite possible late 2nd round / 3rd round & lower guys this year?

So far mine are:

Seantrel Henderson, Dominique Easley & Donte Moncrief.

Maybe Connnor Shaw if he fell far enough.

And that's about it. Not really enamoured of the depth in this draft class. Which is weird because a record number of juniours declared.