• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see of Jimmy Garoppolo, the more I like. He's going to get knocked because he didn't play for a major program, but the guy definitely has potential. I'd be willing to spend a high 3rd round pick on him if we get the chance. Possibly even a late 2nd. We still have a long ways to go in the draft process, but this is somebody that I could see moving up draft boards. He was really the most impressive in the East/West shrine game. That's going to help him get even more attention unfortunately. Plus, he looks like he could be Jim Harbaugh's son.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jordan Matthews - WR - Commodores

Vanderbilt senior WR Jordan Matthews was "spectacular" at Tuesday's Senior Bowl practice, according to NFL.com's Chase Goodbread.

Matthews was upset with himself for dropping some passes on Monday, and he made up for it the next day. "He will go into the briar patch, take his hits and keep on ticking," NFL Media analyst Charles Davis said after Tuesday's practice. "I never worry about that part with him. Obviously, people are going to want to know what he runs (at the combine). All in all, I think he's a big-time prospect. Let's face it: How many quarterbacks threw to him at Vanderbilt? Try to name them all. Yet everyone knew he was coming each week in the SEC." Matthews remained after practice to work on red-zone throws with Derek Carr. He's a coach's dream.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 22 - 12:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of us may not like Sullivan, but he is right about this kid. I consider him a very good sleeper. May be this year's version of Kenny Stills:

Mike Davis - WR - Longhorns

Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley said WR coach Jerry Sullivan is high on Texas WR Mike Davis.

Davis is a vertical receiver who wins on downfield routes and skinny posts. The Longhorns passing offense was not overly impressive last season... or the year before, but Davis has speed the NFL covets. We believe he needs to catch the football more comfortably, as he tends to fight it.
Source: Chase Goodbread on Twitter

Jan 23 - 10:49 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Matthews - WR - Commodores

Vanderbilt senior WR Jordan Matthews was "spectacular" at Tuesday's Senior Bowl practice, according to NFL.com's Chase Goodbread.

Matthews was upset with himself for dropping some passes on Monday, and he made up for it the next day. "He will go into the briar patch, take his hits and keep on ticking," NFL Media analyst Charles Davis said after Tuesday's practice. "I never worry about that part with him. Obviously, people are going to want to know what he runs (at the combine). All in all, I think he's a big-time prospect. Let's face it: How many quarterbacks threw to him at Vanderbilt? Try to name them all. Yet everyone knew he was coming each week in the SEC." Matthews remained after practice to work on red-zone throws with Derek Carr. He's a coach's dream.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 22 - 12:00 PM

The WR no one's talking about. I would be absolutely drooling if he fell to us in the 2nd. He'll, he's one of the few guys I want at 30.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The WR no one's talking about. I would be absolutely drooling if he fell to us in the 2nd. He'll, I want him at 30.

Here's my problem with that: I like Donte Moncref more, and it sounds like he'll be picked lower. Moncrief looks bigger, faster & I think he's better at catching the ball.

I also liked Justin Hunter & Cordarrelle Patterson more than Matthews. I liked Hopkins about the same (maybe Matthews a little more; higher ceiling).

Marqise Lee & Moncrief are the only WRs I thin pose good value in this draft for the Niners (at this point). Lee seems like the next Reggie Wayne; and I like his attitude.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff believes South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney has "the potential to be one of the marquee-type pass rushers" in the NFL.

"When I first heard that he was the best that people had seen in 20 years or whenever, I was skeptical because I never fall into the trap of comparing people over that many years," Dimitroff started. "But obviously, he is an incredible talent with wild upside. He’s going to be a very big contributor on a football team from Day 1. We all know that. The league knows that." The Falcons need to improve their pressure and pass rushing unit, but they likely will not be in a position to select Clowney.
Source: ESPN

Jan 23 - 12:14 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jake Matthews - T - Aggies

Falcons GM Thomas Dimirtroff believes Texas A&M T Jake Matthews has a chance to go No. 1 overall if he turns the right heads.

"He is a such a technique-sound individual," Dimirtroff told reporters. "He has such an understanding of the game, being from a historic NFL football family. He’s just so well-rounded in so many ways on and off the field that he’s going to be a guy who is going to turn a lot of heads." The Falcons might be in play for an offensive tackle early in the draft, but that prospects could be Auburn's Greg Robinson. The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein spoke with one NFL scout who noted some teams are projecting Matthews to center.
Source: ESPN

Jan 23 - 12:36 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - DB - Cornhuskers

Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste was listed as one of Todd McShay's most impressive defensive players during Senior Bowl week.

Utah corner Keith McGill, Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald, Wisconsin linebacker Chris Borland, and Auburn defensive end Dee Ford were also included in that list. Jean-Baptiste has everything the NFL looks for in terms of frame and length, but he does not get physical with receivers at this point in his development. An NFL team could change that, however.
Source: Todd McShay on Twitter

Jan 23 - 12:45 PM

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to act like I pay attention too much to college.

So I'm asking most of the regulars here.

What does everyone think of Bucannon?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has been my #1 target to replace Whitner for a while now.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Didn't see him this year, but last year I watched many WSU games and always thought he should move to OLB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my problem with that: I like Donte Moncref more, and it sounds like he'll be picked lower. Moncrief looks bigger, faster & I think he's better at catching the ball.

I also liked Justin Hunter & Cordarrelle Patterson more than Matthews. I liked Hopkins about the same (maybe Matthews a little more; higher ceiling).

Marqise Lee & Moncrief are the only WRs I thin pose good value in this draft for the Niners (at this point). Lee seems like the next Reggie Wayne; and I like his attitude.

We'll agree to disagree. Matthews is my #2 WR in the draft, and is a better WR prospects than Patterson.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Lattimore to Hit Offseason Running

A pretty cool video in the link. Lattimore being drafted.

I'm excited to see this kid and hopefully he can hold up.

I don't think people realize how huge this guy could be for us. Our backfield is so talented right now. I am still beyond ecstatic that he's on our team. He's the best RB to come out of the draft since Adrian Peterson IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw a mock (SI?) today that had us taking CB Justin Gilbert...

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw someone mentioning Allen Robinson WR Penn St. I watched near zero CFB this year so I have no idea if this is a good thing or not. Just passing it along.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw someone mentioning Allen Robinson WR Penn St. I watched near zero CFB this year so I have no idea if this is a good thing or not. Just passing it along.

Robinson is comparable to Michael Crabtree.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I do follow he has been high on my list too.

Would you grab him at 30?

A lot of guys would have to be gone at #30 before I would do it. In the end I would trade down and pick him up. I think he goes early 2nd round. I'm not confident he makes it to our Chiefs pick.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Saunders. DeSean Jackson clone?

I guess if he runs in the 4.3s at the combine he will be talked about a lot more. I know DeSean Jackson was viewed as a first rounder and had a lot of love but it helped that a lot of us were watching Cal games. Jalen seems incredibly under the radar right now. Dude could run deep and get ignored by Kaep and he could also take punt return duties from LaMichael Bust. Seems like an obvious candidate for us but he probably rockets up from his 3rd/4th round ranking at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: