• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Mathews - QB - Big Red

After speaking with NFL executives, ESPN's Adam Caplan believes Cornell senior QB Jeff Mathews will go between Rounds 5-7.

Sounds about right to us, though Mathews' stock could inhale helium if he blows away evaluators during the draft process. Mathews measured 6-foot-3 and 3 eighths of an inch and weighed in at 225 pounds at the East-West Shrine game. Mathews will continue to look spectacular in shorts -- as he displays accuracy, velocity, and anticipation, as well as Ivy League intelligence -- but his game deteriorates against pressure.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Jan 17 - 6:44 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Panthers

NFL executives that spoke with ESPN's Adam Caplan believe Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo will go between Rounds 4-5.

The senior passer has a quick trigger and is adept at moving freely with debris flying around him. We liked the improvement we saw this season in Garoppolo's comfort level in the pocket. We think he could get picked in the third round. It's also conceivable that a team could fall in love with Garoppolo and pluck him in the second.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Jan 17 - 6:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darqueze Dennard - DB - Spartans

Michigan State senior CB Darqueze Dennard won't participate in the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Dennard accepted an invitation to play in the game way back in November, and his name was on the roster released Wednesday. In the last 48 hours, however, Dennard had a change of heart, because his name isn't listed anymore. Dennard (5-foot-11, 197 pounds) "might be the most physical corner in this draft class," according to NFL.com's Mike Huguenin.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 17 - 8:26 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Texas A&M redshirt sophomore WR Mike Evans is one of five players who should have stayed in school for an extra season.

"I can see why he didn't want to stay -- for one thing, he's losing a great quarterback to the draft --but I really believe that staying and improving his route-running and understanding of the passing game would've made him an even better player than he already is," Brandt writes. The four other prospects listed are USC's Dion Bailey, Wyoming's Brett Smith, Colorado's Paul Richardson, and FSU's James Wilder.

Jan 17 - 2:24 PM

This guy was getting top-15 hype at some points this season, but I never bought it. He's a good prospect, but I wouldn't draft a WR in the first round this year unless his name is Marqise or Sammy.

Like David Yankey, I think he has obvious holes as a prospect. I'm not sold on Michigan State corner Darqueze Dennard either at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Texas A&M redshirt sophomore WR Mike Evans is one of five players who should have stayed in school for an extra season.

"I can see why he didn't want to stay -- for one thing, he's losing a great quarterback to the draft --but I really believe that staying and improving his route-running and understanding of the passing game would've made him an even better player than he already is," Brandt writes. The four other prospects listed are USC's Dion Bailey, Wyoming's Brett Smith, Colorado's Paul Richardson, and FSU's James Wilder.

Jan 17 - 2:24 PM

I never understood why people said this crap. So in the NFL he won't be able to improve his route-running and understand of the passing game, but at Texas A&M he will?

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kenny Guiton is entering the draft. I don't like anyone in the early rounds besides Bridgewater and Bortles at the QB position but Guiton (and really anyone) has to be better than Colt McCoy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I never understood why people said this crap. So in the NFL he won't be able to improve his route-running and understand of the passing game, but at Texas A&M he will?

:agree:

...Unless we're talking about a QB because a QB who's debating NFL VS college is pretty much guaranteed he'll get starts the next season if he stays in college.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney told reporters he will fully participate in the NFL Combine.

"The numbers I am going to put up are going to be amazing," Clowney told Josh Kendall. The defensive end struggled with injuries this year, specifically bone spurs in his foot, but it appears Clowney might putt off surgery for a second straight offseason. If his workout goes according to plan, expect many who criticized Clowney this season to fall back in love. We have called him a rare talent all along.
Source: Josh Kendall on Twitter

Jan 18 - 5:16 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. With A&M's offensive scheme, I don't think there is much more that he will learn there about being an NFL WR.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A record 98 underclassmen declared for the 2014 NFL draft.

The 2013 draft featured 73 underclassmen, by comparison, making 2014 the sixth consecutive season that a new underclassmen declaration record has been set. The deadline for underclassmen to apply was on Wednesday, Jan. 15. The draft will take place between May 8-10 in New York.
Source: Associated Press

Jan 19 - 2:22 PM

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kenny Guiton is entering the draft. I don't like anyone in the early rounds besides Bridgewater and Bortles at the QB position but Guiton (and really anyone) has to be better than Colt McCoy.

Big fan of Guiton as far as a leader. He really turned things around towards the end of his career for tOSU. When you are the back up QB, and you get voted captain by your teammates, it says something. His QB skills.... Another story.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A record 98 underclassmen declared for the 2014 NFL draft.

The 2013 draft featured 73 underclassmen, by comparison, making 2014 the sixth consecutive season that a new underclassmen declaration record has been set. The deadline for underclassmen to apply was on Wednesday, Jan. 15. The draft will take place between May 8-10 in New York.
Source: Associated Press

Jan 19 - 2:22 PM

The sad part is that some of these guys won't even get drafted, to leave school early and not get drafted makes you look really dumb especially when you could have been helping your team win games in college and living the life of a college athlete.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

The Browns are "willing to trade up" to select Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel in the draft, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora

Cleveland definitely has the necessary ammunition to swing a trade with two first-round picks (Nos. 4 and 26), and they've been almost obnoxiously connected to Manziel over the past few weeks. GM Mike Lombardi is sharp and aggressive, and we do have to wonder at this point if he's using the media (as he may have this fall when Josh Gordon became the league's most-discussed potential trade chip) to inflate Manziel's stock precisely because he'd prefer another QB (such as Teddy Bridgewater or Blake Bortles) fall to the Browns. Sit back and enjoy. This clandestine soap opera has only just begun.
Source: CBS Sports

Jan 19 - 3:47 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Panthers

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah wrote that Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo was the biggest winner of Saturday's East-West Shrine Game.

Garoppolo earned offensive MVP honors for completing nine of 14 passes for 100 yards and no interceptions in the East's 23-13 victory. "Garoppolo stood out as the best player during the week of practice and he put together a strong performance during the game on Saturday," Jeremiah wrote. "He showed very quick feet in his setup, a lightning-quick release and accuracy to all three levels. I was very impressed with the command and poise he displayed in the pocket. He has built up a lot of momentum heading into the Reese's Senior Bowl (Jan. 25 on NFL Network)."

Jan 19 - 4:27 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

The Browns are "willing to trade up" to select Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel in the draft, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora

Cleveland definitely has the necessary ammunition to swing a trade with two first-round picks (Nos. 4 and 26), and they've been almost obnoxiously connected to Manziel over the past few weeks. GM Mike Lombardi is sharp and aggressive, and we do have to wonder at this point if he's using the media (as he may have this fall when Josh Gordon became the league's most-discussed potential trade chip) to inflate Manziel's stock precisely because he'd prefer another QB (such as Teddy Bridgewater or Blake Bortles) fall to the Browns. Sit back and enjoy. This clandestine soap opera has only just begun.
Source: CBS Sports

Jan 19 - 3:47 PM

How on Earth have the Browns determined what QB they want when they don't even have a coach (do they?). You would think that they would wait for the coaching staff to give some of their input on the situation?

We need to go after Gordon.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - DB - Cornhuskers

Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste is the "kind of long, rangy defender that NFL scouts are coveting in the wake of the Seattle Seahawks' success this season," according to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

Jean-Baptiste's size (6-foot-2 3/8, 215 pounds) has drawn plenty of attention from scouts since the season ended and his collegiate eligibility exhausted. "He displays exceptional ball skills and awareness for a man of his size," Brooks wrote. "Now, some of that is to be expected based on his experience as a receiver -- Jean-Baptiste played wide receiver for nearly two seasons at Nebraska before moving to cornerback. He naturally plucked the ball in drills and showed excellent awareness defending receivers on deep balls. With Jean-Baptiste possessing the size and movement skills to snuff out elite receivers in press coverage, the buzz is building for Jean-Baptiste to enter the conversation as a top cornerback prospect."

Jan 21 - 11:01 AM

[YOUTUBE]cq-FztyrMqQ[/YOUTUBE]

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is why AJ McCarron pulled out of this event:

Aaron Colvin - DB - Sooners

Oklahoma CB Aaron Colvin suffered a torn ACL during Tuesday's Senior Bowl practice, according to NFL.com's Albert Breer.

Brandon Boykin suffered a broken leg during his time in Mobile a few years ago and dropped to the fourth round because of it. Colvin was having a good week after a few subpar seasons, but teams were likely intrigued by his catch up seed. Colvin will likely still be drafted during the third day in May.
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Jan 21 - 6:01 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the wake of Colvin's injury, I wonder if Mayock and company will want to continue their bias criticism of prospects who decides not to participate in this event:

A.J. McCarron - QB - Crimson Tide

Alabama senior QB A.J. McCarron is not a first-round pick, according to NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock.

Mayock was disappointed that McCarron pulled out of the Senior Bowl. He said the quarterback missed a chance to "put [his] stamp on being the best senior quarterback in the country and [show] you're a first-round pick. Why are you not here? Somebody's going to take advantage of that, and you're going to not be happy with it." Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage, a former NFL GM, said that healthy scratches should consider "that [when] you make a commitment, you should follow through with it." Jason Cole of the National Football Post reported last week that McCarron has an injured left shoulder.

Jan 20 - 8:30 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - DB - Cornhuskers

Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste is the "kind of long, rangy defender that NFL scouts are coveting in the wake of the Seattle Seahawks' success this season," according to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

Jean-Baptiste's size (6-foot-2 3/8, 215 pounds) has drawn plenty of attention from scouts since the season ended and his collegiate eligibility exhausted. "He displays exceptional ball skills and awareness for a man of his size," Brooks wrote. "Now, some of that is to be expected based on his experience as a receiver -- Jean-Baptiste played wide receiver for nearly two seasons at Nebraska before moving to cornerback. He naturally plucked the ball in drills and showed excellent awareness defending receivers on deep balls. With Jean-Baptiste possessing the size and movement skills to snuff out elite receivers in press coverage, the buzz is building for Jean-Baptiste to enter the conversation as a top cornerback prospect."

Jan 21 - 11:01 AM

[YOUTUBE]cq-FztyrMqQ[/YOUTUBE]

I like his coverage abilities. What round is he expected to go in?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like his coverage abilities. What round is he expected to go in?

2nd or 3rd. He's an intriguing guy to keep an eye out for. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ends up at the bottom of the first when it's all said and done.

But the corner who's getting a lot of steam right now is Vanderbilt's Andre Hall. He may be this year's version of DJ Hayden - a guy who's stock will soar tremendously in the last minute.