• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Devonta Freeman - RB - Seminoles

NFL.com's Gil Brandt ranks Florida State RB Devonta Freeman ahead of teammate James Wilder Jr.

"Freeman is a short, compact runner who is very effective between the tackles," Brandt wrote. Freeman scampered for 1,016 yards on 5.9 yards per carry in helping FSU win the title this past season. "He's also a good receiver, with 47 catches in his three seasons. He's built a lot like Redskins RB Alfred Morris but doesn't quite have the same skill set," Brandt wrote.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 13 - 5:07 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Yankey - G - Cardinal

Stanford redshirt junior G David Yankey declared for the NFL draft.

Yankey decided to bolt with a season of eligibility remaining after spending four years on campus; he's already earned his degree from Stanford. "I reached my decision following conversations with family and coaches, and am greatly looking forward to the next chapter in life," Yankey said in a statement. "The decision was not easy. I have loved my time at Stanford and am a proud member of Nerd Nation. I am humbled at the prospect of joining a long list of Stanford alumni currently playing in the NFL." Yankey was unanimously voted an All-American in 2013, the eighth unanimous All-American at Stanford. Already NFL-ready, he could be a top-50 selection.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Jan 13 - 3:44 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tre Mason - RB - Tigers

NFL.com's Gil Brandt ranked Auburn's Tre Mason as the draft's best running back.

Brandt isn't playing around with his evaluation, either: He continues to compare Mason to Tony Dorsett. "The Dorsett comparison had to do with Mason's unbelievable quickness -- he's the kind of back who can start and stop on a dime and leave you eight cents worth of change," Brandt wrote. Mason, who finished the season with 1,816 rushing yards and 23 touchdowns and was a Heisman finalist, received a third-round grade from the NFL's advisory board. "I would put him more around the second round. You would like to have a running back who's a little taller and heavier than Mason, but he's not a bad size for a running back, at about 5-foot-9, 205 pounds, and anyway, his speed makes up for whatever he lacks in size. It's also true that Auburn's offensive system helps players like Mason be productive, but I believe that his quickness and running ability will allow him to be very effective in whatever system he plays in," Brandt wrote.

Jan 13 - 2:59 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlos Hyde - RB - Buckeyes

Ohio State RB Carlos Hyde drew a Le'Veon Bell comparison from NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

The former Michigan State star, who just completed his rookie season with the Steelers, was a second-round selection in last year's draft. Rotoworld's Josh Norris compares Hyde to Zac Stacy and Frank Gore and believes he'll be the No. 1 senior running back selected. "[Hyde's] speed and quickness might not be off the charts, but he's a big back that can do everything pretty well, including catching the ball. He also has a skill not a lot of college backs have, and that's pass protection," Brandt opined.

Jan 13 - 3:15 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ka'Deem Carey - RB - Wildcats

Arizona junior RB Ka'Deem Carey will enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

The school announced his decision on Monday. Carey didn't have much else to prove at the collegiate level after he rushed for 3,814 yards and 42 touchdowns over the past two seasons. Carey didn't rush for less than 119 yards in a game this past season; the 5-foot-10, 207-pounder finishes his collegiate career having rushed for 100 yards in 16 consecutive games. CBS Sports ranks Carey as the draft's best running back and predicts that he'll be selected in the second round (the Wildcat star reportedly received a second-round grade from the NFL's Draft Advisory Board). Because of Carey's ridiculous explosiveness and athleticism, we've often compared him to Eagles star Shady McCoy.
Source: CBS Sports

Jan 13 - 3:30 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Charles Sims - RB - Mountaineers

West Virginia senior RB Charles Sims is "a little bit of a sleeper," according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

"[Sims] will stir up a lot of interest as draft day nears," Brandt wrote. "West Virginia didn't have a good offensive line this season, and it hampered him, but he is a very good all-around back who can really catch the ball well and is a good runner." Brandt's NFL.com colleague Bucky Brooks wrote in November that Sims would have a "Matt Forte-like impact in the pro game." Sims is a great receiver out of the backfield, and that might get him drafted higher than expert's expect in May.

Jan 13 - 4:19 PM

This kid was nasty when he played at University of Houston. Funny thing is he really does run like Forte. I never noticed that until Bucky Brooks is clueless most of the times but this assessment of his is accurate:

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Both He or Xavier Su'a-Filo could become very good centers in the NFL IMO if a team were willing to make them make that switch.

Has Yankey ever played center in college? Not questioning your analysis; just curious.

Kap is tall enough to see over what would probably be the tallest center in the NFL in Yankey, so it could work. But something tells me Seattle wouldn't make that move. :D

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Yankey ever played center in college? Not questioning your analysis; just curious.

Kap is tall enough to see over what would probably be the tallest center in the NFL in Yankey, so it could work. But something tells me Seattle wouldn't make that move. :D

is a Tall Center a good thing?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure he would do well against Seattle. He doesn't have the greatest first step and he's not a guy who gets separation from physical corners. I get the feeling that Sherman would destroy him. Browner too.

"They" said the same thing about Alshon Jefferey, then he had a breakout 2nd second season after an injury plauged first

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No, I have never seen him play center before. However, you can tell that he has what it takes to play that position at a high level. He has great balance, and looks so comfortable pulling. Yet he plays with Alex Boone type like tenacity/anger with a lot of strength to go along with that. He is a very smart young man who won't have much difficulties in calling out the assignments for his comrades. He is very athletic and I don't think people give him enough credit for his athleticism. Frederick went to the Cowboys in the first round and had a very good rookie year, I think Yankey is a better player than Frederick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"They" said the same thing about Alshon Jefferey, then he had a breakout 2nd second season after an injury plauged first

I'm not convinced Alshon is all that great. He had a great season, but he seems a lot closer to Roy Williams than Brandon Marshall (Roy also had one great season).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
is a Tall Center a good thing?

People said a 6'8 guard was going to be borderline impossible. Boone is proving them wrong…

Again, it's just a suggestion though. Goodwin is retiring and we need a smart / good player to come right in to take on that job. Yankey is not my 1st choice by all means. I would select him with our 2nd round pick (not KC's). My first choice would be Travis Swanson. He is also a tall fella at 6'4, but the only difference between he and Yankey is that he has been playing the C position throughout his collegiate career.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People said a 6'8 guard was going to be borderline impossible. Boone is proving them wrong…

Again, it's just a suggestion though. Goodwin is retiring and we need a smart / good player to come right in to take on that job. Yankey is not my 1st choice by all means. I would select him with our 2nd round pick (not KC's). My first choice would be Travis Swanson. He is also a tall fella at 6'4, but the only difference between he and Yankey is that he has been playing the C position throughout his collegiate career.

I agree with Boone...

I wasn't sure that C could be proved differently as G was... thought the C need to be low to the ground to get the push necessary..

not bashing anything just wondering if its plausible... if so by all means, like you said Goodwin is done and we need a C, young n strong n smart is the way to go.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have lower-body / core strength concerns about Yankey.

Wish they did clean lifts at the combine instead of the bench press for linemen.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw this on twitter:

Bridgewater: 82% (!), Manziel: 71.5%, Bortles: 63.4%

Completion percentage rolling out (INCLUDES THROWAWAYS)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the big knock on Alshon was his conditioning.

Benjamin might be a good receiver at the next level, but I still think Seattle would shut him down. What's the point in trading up to draft a guy that high when he probably won't be very useful for us when he needs to be?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the big knock on Alshon was his conditioning.

Benjamin might be a good receiver at the next level, but I still think Seattle would shut him down. What's the point in trading up to draft a guy that high when he probably won't be very useful for us when he needs to be?

There would be no point. There would be no point of drafting him in ANY ROUND if this was the case.

The big knock on Alshon was tha he wasn't able to get seperation in college, everybody pointed to the game that Janoris Jenkins shut him down when Henkins was at Florida.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how well Benjamin would fare as a move TE. Could be a great fallback plan for a team that drafts him. Hell he might train like a mofo and run some great times at the combine and this becomes moot.