• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know u want Justin Gilbert Ray. But if K.B. was there for us would u draft him?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would be no point. There would be no point of drafting him in ANY ROUND if this was the case.

The big knock on Alshon was tha he wasn't able to get seperation in college, everybody pointed to the game that Janoris Jenkins shut him down when Henkins was at Florida.

So do you disagree with my comments about that Seahawks secondary being able to shut him down? Some guys will do well against most teams, but they have a hard time getting off of good corners who can press. I just see Benjamin in that category. Do you disagree?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know u want Justin Gilbert Ray. But if K.B. was there for us would u draft him?

At this point, no. If he shows well at the combine I could change my mind. Still the problem is I love the depth of this WR class. CB, not so much.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you disagree with my comments about that Seahawks secondary being able to shut him down? Some guys will do well against most teams, but they have a hard time getting off of good corners who can press. I just see Benjamin in that category. Do you disagree?

I dont disagree nor do I agree. I dont know enough about Benjamin.

At the sametime, I think Browner is done as a Hawk, which could change the conversation a bit.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree nor do I agree. I dont know enough about Benjamin.

At the sametime, I think Browner is done as a Hawk, which could change the conversation a bit.

Maxwell is now a better CB than Browner.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a lot more comfortable with Maxwell playing cb than with Browner pressing,grabbing and hitting our wr's.

You haven't seen how much Maxwell does the same then.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Calvin Pryor - DB - Cardinals

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah ranks Louisville junior S Calvin Pryor as the top prospect at his position.

Pryor checks in at No. 14 overall. Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, who is widely considered the top prospect at the position, is listed just behind Pryor at No. 15. Pryor did not receive a lot of attention during the season, likely because many did not expect him to declare, but he has interchangeable safety skills and should be a first-round pick at a position that lacks talent in the NFL.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 16 - 10:13 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morgan Moses - T - Cavaliers

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay listed Virginia T Morgan Moses as the No. 23 overall prospect in the class.

"Moses has the potential to be one of the surprises of this year's draft, given his physical tools," McShay writes. "He is a big, tall, long-armed left tackle who shows good shock with his initial punch and looks a lot more natural in his pass protection sets this season than he did last year at right tackle." Moses checks in above tackle prospects like Zack Martin, Antonio Richardson, and Billy Turner. The Virginia Cavalier will attend the Senior Bowl.
Source: ESPN

Jan 16 - 11:14 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

Auburn redshirt sophomore T Greg Robinson and UNC junior TE Eric Ebron have been generating buzz among NFL evaluators.

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah noted the two prospects had scouts and executives talking during East-West Shrine week. Robinson has a real chance to be the first tackle off the board, while Ebron could test in the same range as Vernon Davis.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Jan 16 - 11:36 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just thought I'd mention what I think are the top needs of the offseason.

1. Center. Absolutely the #1 need. Keep that OL strong and good things will happen. Get a real center, and it'll be even stronger.

2. CB. This should be obvious.

3a) KR / PR I know KR / PR has been devalued since they moved the kickoffs up, but it's still a huge need IMO.

3b) WR. This should depend on if Boldin comes back. If so, WR actually isn't a huge, immediate need. I'd still love a trade up for Lee though. The current Niners' offense plus a deep threat & center would be unstoppable.

4) NT / DE. I love the Dorsey acquisition. I really do. But you can never have too many good DL.

5. Safety. It's so low because it should be so easy to fill. And Culliver might be able to play FS when he's healthy.

6. QB. I have my eye on Connor Shaw late in the draft.

...If the Niners can get a stud C, a #1 CB and a good KR / PR this offseason (and re-sign Boldin), they will be unstoppable IMO (except for injury of course). If they can get that plus a deep threat at WR... That'd be downright scary for the rest of the NFL.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Calvin Pryor - DB - Cardinals

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah ranks Louisville junior S Calvin Pryor as the top prospect at his position.

Pryor checks in at No. 14 overall. Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, who is widely considered the top prospect at the position, is listed just behind Pryor at No. 15. Pryor did not receive a lot of attention during the season, likely because many did not expect him to declare, but he has interchangeable safety skills and should be a first-round pick at a position that lacks talent in the NFL.

Jan 16 - 10:13 AM

Had that since the UCF game.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also related to Jerry Rice, which says a lot about his knowledge of the wr position and about what it takes to be a pro.

As it stands he seems to have dropped from one of the top wr's at the start of the season to being there for us in the second

Not a bad guy to be related to- the G.O.A.T. WR. Yes- I'm hoping to snag Matthews (or Landry) in the 2nd. Certainly don't mind the Reggie Wayne comparison in the article either. People were comparing Keenan Allen to Reggie Wayne last year and he turned out pretty good.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Waddup yall..... So here are several thoughts rummaging around my brain stem..

1-- Impact WR needs to be addressed. Boldin and/or Crabtree will be gone by the end of the 2015 season. Their potential replacements should hopefully be acquired sooner rather than later since we do a terrible job generally developing wr's. I know we have some FSU fans and Kelvin Benjamin is an enigma from their inconsitent views from what I have gathered. I wouldn't mind looking at him from a mismatch perspective, however his development could be hampered by us? I also wouldn't mind looking at for some reason if he drops is Sammy Watkins.. I wouldn't mind a trade up to around 9-13. Giving up our 1st, 3rd this year and 1st next year I believe would do it.

2-- We need cb's.. Brown/Rogers are gone i believe this offseason. Brock is a solid contributor at the position, Culliver has potential still. Wright can contribute as well, but I believe I echo the sentiments of many in the belief we need a true stud #1.. Not sure realistically if there is one avail, but knowing that we generally like to target bigger corners, I wouldn't be opposed to an early combo of cb's.. possibly EJ Gaines & Quandre Diggs in the 3rd -- haven't watched any of their stuff, just size/speed and notations of what they did through their college career intrigue me.

3-- OL Depth.. Obviously everyone knows we need a Center, but I think we need to look into Snyders replacement and just further depth at the T position. I wouldn't be opposed to 3 draft selections for this group.

4--Safety depth.. I personally am very happy with the Whitner/Reid combo and some know my desire to lock up Whitner. If that's unpossible, obviously it would adjust this need to higher in the pecking order, but in general I would like us to address some needs here due to the potential versatility to be used on ST which I believe Ventrone/Skuta/Lem/Osgood will be broken up soon just due to their potential prohibitive cost of retaining.

5--DL depth.. Man.. it just seems like everything I am writing everyone has been saying for months so far.. is it that obvious for us or are we all that out of line? anyhow.. Dorsey has been decent for us, hopefully Williams comes back in the same ability/shape he was in. Justin, while being old and obviously on the decline re-upped through 2016. Tank just picked last year but obvious serious injury concerns as he didn't play for us this season. Dobbs/Jerod-Eddie good depth/rotational ability. Not sure how much potential starting abilty. And obviously the European guy down the line. I wouldn't be opposed to some serious consideration at the NT position within the first two rounds and/or stud DE.

6-- OLB depth. I am not sure if I am in the minority on this thought, but I moderately believe that our FO wouldn't hate the idea of trading Skuta and securing a draft pick replacement. Not saying we would get anything terribly high in value, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something along the 5th next year/6th this year if they are intent on moving him. Also, I would hazard a guess to say that Brooks would not live out his contract so I would think they may want to look into this position on the third day for a boom player..

I didn't get as good of a chance to watch some college this season as I would like so I don't necessarily have the best eye on the talent coming out.. Hope everyone has a great day and by all means, if you have any thoughts on the players/positions I mentioned, I would love to hear them. I am gonna try and watch some film(i.e. youtube) on certain ppl and def will tape shrine/senior bowl/combine to gather some other thoughts.. btw, jk on the serious aspect of youtube film..

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also related to Jerry Rice, which says a lot about his knowledge of the wr position and about what it takes to be a pro.

As it stands he seems to have dropped from one of the top wr's at the start of the season to being there for us in the second

I had him pegged as a second rounder. He is one of the guys I have my eye on in that area.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Texas A&M redshirt sophomore WR Mike Evans is one of five players who should have stayed in school for an extra season.

"I can see why he didn't want to stay -- for one thing, he's losing a great quarterback to the draft --but I really believe that staying and improving his route-running and understanding of the passing game would've made him an even better player than he already is," Brandt writes. The four other prospects listed are USC's Dion Bailey, Wyoming's Brett Smith, Colorado's Paul Richardson, and FSU's James Wilder.

Jan 17 - 2:24 PM