• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek Carr - QB - Player

Multiple reports out of Mobile this week agree Fresno State QB Derek Carr has been easily the Senior Bowl's most impressive quarterback.

The 2014 Senior Bowl quarterback turnout isn't overwhelming, especially after Alabama's A.J. McCarron dropped out, but this is notable nonetheless. A first-round possibility, Carr should be severely outperforming the likes of Jimmy Garoppolo, Logan Thomas, Stephen Morris, and David Fales. We're a little surprised Clemson's Tajh Boyd isn't having a better week.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Jan 21 - 9:45 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd - QB - Player

Clemson QB Tajh Boyd says the Raiders have shown more interest in him than any team at this week's Senior Bowl.

It'd certainly be an interesting fit. Boyd is a projected second- to early third-day draft choice with a big arm and plus athleticism. The Raiders dabbled with the read-option when Terrelle Pryor played in 2013. Knocks against Boyd include his accuracy and size, as he measured in at 6-foot 3/4 and 222 pounds Monday. Reports out of Mobile indicate Boyd has struggled in practice.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Jan 21 - 10:02 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Brandt:

Stanley Jean-Baptiste, DB, Nebraska
Jean-Baptiste has rare size (6-foot-2 3/8, 215); he looks like a clone of Richard Sherman. I'm sure the Seahawks, among most NFL teams, will be paying close attention to this player. He's a junior-college transfer who only played cornerback for a season and a half at Nebraska after switching from wide receiver in 2011. Has very long arms (78 3/8 wingspan) and is a willing tackler. Looks fast in coverage and has quickness. If he looks like he can cover in man drills this week, he might move up into my top 100. Smart player who entered 2013 with his degree already in hand.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on him and another big CB Pierre Desir:
01/21/14 - 2014 Senior Bowl: 10 observations from Monday's North practice...6. Linenwood CB Pierre Desir and Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste are both tall, long defensive backs who have the athleticism to turn and run with receivers downfield. They both did a nice job in press-man to get physical at the line of scrimmage and then ride the receiver through the route, although both got away with a little too much holding. Neither are elite when controlling their start/stop momentum, but neither are allergic to contact either. And with several teams who utilize press-man techniques on defense looking for the next Richard Sherman, both Desir and Jean-Baptiste are players to watch this week. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is who I want starting in combination with Eric Reid next year.

Stephen O'BAAAAANG

I think he'll run a 4.65 at the combine (if he was even invited), he'd be an absolute steal in the 5th or lower. He'll probably end up a UDFA, because Bill was too dumb to start him at safety after he had a tremendous game at safety. He was a situational LB and a very occasional safety for the rest of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its perfect how more cb options are rising, we need secondary in a major way.
We need a starting cb and a slot cb, hopefully Cully goes to fs now with Reid sliding over to ss.

I like the kid Ifo from Oregon and Verrett from TCU in the slot.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Another versus:

Louis Nix or Marqise Lee. Whom would you rather have?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
One guy I definitely don't want, based on where people think he's going to go, is Clinton-Dix. Don't get me wrong; he's a great player. But he's nowhere near as good as Reid IMO, and that's the kind of safety you want if you're drafting in the top 10, teens or 20's.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Watkins and Clowney....

IDK who i want in terms of trading up.... hard to find a real position of need...

I think our top need, debatable, is CB... we have LBs, DEs, Ss but not that top quality CB... Im not sure if this is the draft for it although I reckon CBs with similar molds to Sherman will be elevated come draft time.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Watkins and Clowney....

IDK who i want in terms of trading up.... hard to find a real position of need...

I think our top need, debatable, is CB... we have LBs, DEs, Ss but not that top quality CB... Im not sure if this is the draft for it although I reckon CBs with similar molds to Sherman will be elevated come draft time.

It seems to be our top need is CB, is there one worth giving up a 3rd round and a 1st round to move up in the 1st and get?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Nix over Lee, though I wouldn't mind getting either. I think finding a NT like Nix is more difficult than finding a WR like Lee.