• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's a burner & what we need. But with how deep the WR class is he should be around.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is comparable to Michael Crabtree.

The first comparison I thought of when watching Robinson was Josh Gordon. I think Robinson is a little more physical than Crabtree.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The first comparison I thought of when watching Robinson was Josh Gordon. I think Robinson is a little more physical than Crabtree.

Well body type wise I see why, but I see Allen Robinson running a 4.5(compared to Gordon's 4.3?) and he has better ball skills than Gordon. Watkins is the receiver I liken to Gordon.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jack Mewhort - T - Buckeyes

One NFL executive brought up Ohio State T Jack Mewhort as a possible first-round pick, according to The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard.

Notre Dame OT Zack Martin and Minnesota DL Ra’Shede Hageman were also mentioned by the personnel man. Bedard added QB Derek Carr, DE Dee Ford and DT Aaron Donald to that list. Many have mentioned Mewhort as solely a right tackle in the NFL, but the difference between the two size is not that large. Mewhort makes it easy to like him, as he generates extension and control when winning against his opposition.
Source: The MMQB

Jan 24 - 11:02 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Detroit should draft him with their first round pick. 2nd round draft a corner, 3rd and fourth round receivers.

C.J. Mosley - LB - Crimson Tide

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl called Alabama senior LB C.J. Mosley a "flat out stud."

Mosley has "ELITE instincts and eyes," Wedil tweeted. "Vastly improved taking on blocks in tight quarters this year. Definition of alpha." Mosley did not attend the Senior Bowl, but he has transformed his game in the last two years, moving from a coverage based player to an all around monster. Our own Josh Norris has compared him to Sean Lee.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Jan 24 - 11:55 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Logan Thomas - QB - Hokies

The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard believes QB Logan Thomas is the "perfect guy for a team to develop down the road."

Bedard does admit Thomas is wildly inconsistent, but adds the quarterback can "really spin the ball." There continues to be buzz linking Thomas and picks in the second day of the draft. From a talent perspective, we think that is crazy, but the NFL's obsession with size is real.

Jan 24 - 2:48 PM

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Thomas - QB - Hokies

The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard believes QB Logan Thomas is the "perfect guy for a team to develop down the road."

Bedard does admit Thomas is wildly inconsistent, but adds the quarterback can "really spin the ball." There continues to be buzz linking Thomas and picks in the second day of the draft. From a talent perspective, we think that is crazy, but the NFL's obsession with size is real.

Jan 24 - 2:48 PM

I was a bigger fan of him last season. He's definitely a project, but capable. He's probably a late 2nd- early 3rd round pick.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How do you figure?

With a calculator.

The more I watch Watkins, the more I think he is just by far and away the best WR prospect. But I admit I know nothing. He just seems different on the field.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How do you figure?

This year, we witnessed a 95% Crabtree. He's not the same player we had during the last 8 games of the 2012-13 season.

Robinson though he is bigger, does not have the same aggressiveness/ball skills as Crabtree. Crabtree is more elusive after the catch and has much better hands. If Robinson is drafted in the 1st round I will be very surprised. He's more of a Brandon LaFell than he is Crabtree. Either you are underestimating how good of a receiver Crabtree is, or you're simply overrating Robinson's talent as a receiver.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With a calculator.

The more I watch Watkins, the more I think he is just by far and away the best WR prospect. But I admit I know nothing. He just seems different on the field.

He definitely is. He's going to take the league by storm. I like Watkins better than I did Patterson last year, and you guys know how much I liked CP last year. He's a dynamite with the ball in his hands, to me he's closer to Julio Jones than people make him out to be. I keep seeing people making a comment to the extent of "he's not Julio Jones or AJ Green", well to me I think he is. If you gave AJ a rating of 98, and Julio a 97 when they were prospects, Watkins is right behind them with a 95. To me that's right there with them.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This year, we witnessed a 95% Crabtree. He's not the same player we had during the last 8 games of the 2012-13 season.

Robinson though he is bigger, does not have the same aggressiveness/ball skills as Crabtree. Crabtree is more elusive after the catch and has much better hands. If Robinson is drafted in the 1st round I will be very surprised. He's more of a Brandon LaFell than he is Crabtree. Either you are underestimating how good of a receiver Crabtree is, or you're simply overrating Robinson's talent as a receiver.

Let's use a tier system

Ball skills - They're both 1-Tier
Elusiveness(perhaps too generous) - Crabs 2 and Rob 3
Physicality - Rob 2 and Crabs 3
Hands - Crab 1 and Rob 2

To make the LaFell comparison is just silly, you must not have noticed that Robinson doesn't have a problem catching the ball and is far more fluid than LeDrop.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberson has the measurables but he missed a lot of games this year with injury and suspension. Gonna be a classic risk pick but then most are anyway. I doubt I'd take him at 30.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My 49ers Mock for now

Round 1, Darqueze Dennard CB
Round 2, (Chiefs) – Jarvis Landry WR
Round 2, Devonta Freeman RB
Round 3, (Titans) Drummond S
Round 3, CENTER
Round 3, (Comp) DL
Round 4, Aaron Murray QB
Round 5, Jeremy Gallon WR/PR
Round 6, Terrance Mitchell CB
Round 7, (Saints) Steph-O’Beng SS/ST

There are 3 other picks in the 7th round, but was not dedicated enough to fill them in. Use your imagination.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Wright - DB - 49ers

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson believes the 49ers would only be interested in re-signing free agent CB Eric Wright for the veteran minimum.

Wright spent the first nine weeks on NFI this season and saw limited playing time as the No. 4 cornerback during the second half. There were rumors that the 49ers were concerned with his work ethic late in the year and he was a healthy scratch during the NFC Championship. Wright is unlikely to be brought back at the veteran minimum, but shouldn't command more than a one-year, incentive-based contract in free agency.
Source: ESPN.com

Jan 25 - 2:14 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 49ers Mock for now

Round 1, Darqueze Dennard CB
Round 2, (Chiefs) – Jarvis Landry WR
Round 2, Devonta Freeman RB
Round 3, (Titans) Drummond S
Round 3, CENTER
Round 3, (Comp) DL
Round 4, Aaron Murray QB
Round 5, Jeremy Gallon WR/PR
Round 6, Terrance Mitchell CB
Round 7, (Saints) Steph-O’Beng SS/ST

There are 3 other picks in the 7th round, but was not dedicated enough to fill them in. Use your imagination.

Probably the only two picks I like on there. Landy I can live with, but I'm thinking there might be a better option at WR at that point (like Matthews).

Dennard in the first I can definitely live with, but I'd like him much more in the 2nd. He's the type of CB you're gonna have to move around to find the right matchups for him game-to-game but when you do he'll do really well. He's also an awesome tackler and a great technician.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dennard in the first I can definitely live with, but I'd like him much more in the 2nd. He's the type of CB you're gonna have to move around to find the right matchups for him game-to-game but when you do he'll do really well. He's also an awesome tackler and a great technician.

I think we're on the same page with him. Solid prospect, but I wasn't overly impressed with him.

I'm still a much bigger fan of Bradley Roby; Roby's a must-have for me at this point.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we're on the same page with him. Solid prospect, but I wasn't overly impressed with him.

I'm still a much bigger fan of Bradley Roby; Roby's a must-have for me at this point.

If we draft Roby in the first I would break my TV. It would mean that we passed up on a much better player (Hageman per se). Why get no instincts Roby in the first when you can get Jalen Watkins, Purifoy, or Jean Baptiste in the 2nd (those guys are just as good with better upside)?