• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I like Joyner much more at FS than I do at CB.

You don't think he'd be extremely limited there?

I'm not worried about him getting hurt like Mathieu; I just don't think he's going to be feared very much over the middle. It might be asking a lot wanting a guy who can hit (like Whitner) AND cover well (unlike Whitner). And if I had to choose between the two I'd take covering ability every day of the week. But Joyner is really small. He'd probably be the smallest safety in the NFL. Would you really want the smallest safety in the NFL?

I'd try to avoid having starters with glaring weaknesses if I could.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stephon Tuitt - DL - Fighting Irish

Former NFL scout Bryan Broaddus wrote that he was "shocked" by how slow Notre Dame junior DL Stephon Tuitt played on tape.

"No quickness or change of direction," Broaddus tweeted. Tuitt decided to bolt school early and declare for the NFL draft. The 6-foot-6, 322-pound defensive end is a unique size/speed project who was once clocked at 4.78 seconds in the 40-yard dash. Although Tuitt is routinely ranked amongst the top prospects in the draft by evaluators, we also maintain a healthy skepticism about the prospect. He gained weight and lost quickness this season, and that's a troubling turn of events for a young man who was essentially undergoing the biggest job interview of his lifetime.
Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

Jan 10 - 8:20 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Stephon Tuitt - DL - Fighting Irish

Former NFL scout Bryan Broaddus wrote that he was "shocked" by how slow Notre Dame junior DL Stephon Tuitt played on tape.

"No quickness or change of direction," Broaddus tweeted. Tuitt decided to bolt school early and declare for the NFL draft. The 6-foot-6, 322-pound defensive end is a unique size/speed project who was once clocked at 4.78 seconds in the 40-yard dash. Although Tuitt is routinely ranked amongst the top prospects in the draft by evaluators, we also maintain a healthy skepticism about the prospect. He gained weight and lost quickness this season, and that's a troubling turn of events for a young man who was essentially undergoing the biggest job interview of his lifetime.
Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

Jan 10 - 8:20 PM

zpp.gif

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kony Ealy - DL - Tigers

NFL.com's Charles Davis believes Missouri DL Kony Ealy might project as a pass rushing outside linebacker in the NFL.

"Ealy finished the season a lot stronger than (Michael) Sam and, at this point, it looks like he has better potential at the next level, potentially as a 3-4 outside 'backer," Davis writes. Ealy's projection will likely be all over the board, but we see him more as a large defensive end who moves inside in sub-package situations. There is a chance he is a top-20 pick.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 10 - 1:33 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Can someone tell me why the crap Bradley Roby has been rated so low this year? I know the guy had a down year as a junior. I don't care. The guy is as serious a football prospect as you're going to find IMO. You can't teach the kind of speed, toughness & instincts he has. The guy absolutely flies to the ball. I want that in red & gold.

He's a little raw. He might not be great right away. I don't care. I think he's going to be a franchise CB. Get him in a 49er uniform!

He's starting to look like my Tank Carradine of the 2014 draft. Meaning he's the guy the Niners absolutely MUST get if his stock stays this low. And they won't have to deal with a redshirt rookie year with Roby.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think he'd be extremely limited there?

I'm not worried about him getting hurt like Mathieu; I just don't think he's going to be feared very much over the middle. It might be asking a lot wanting a guy who can hit (like Whitner) AND cover well (unlike Whitner). And if I had to choose between the two I'd take covering ability every day of the week. But Joyner is really small. He'd probably be the smallest safety in the NFL. Would you really want the smallest safety in the NFL?

I'd try to avoid having starters with glaring weaknesses if I could.

He's not a big hitter, no, so he's not gonna strike that type of fear. But he diagnoses plays really well from that position, covers a lot of ground, and knows how to get to the football. He CAN work as a CB, but he'd more be more of a game-to-game matchup piece rather than go-to cover guy.

And he's right there with Earl Thomas in size. Bob Sanders was that size too (albeit he was made of jelly). It's not unprecedented.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NinerSickness;4347801[B said:
]Can someone tell me why the crap Bradley Roby has been rated so low this year? I know the guy had a down year as a junior. I don't care. The guy is as serious a football prospect [/B]as you're going to find IMO. You can't teach the kind of speed, toughness & instincts he has. The guy absolutely flies to the ball. I want that in red & gold.

He's a little raw. He might not be great right away. I don't care. I think he's going to be a franchise CB. Get him in a 49er uniform!

He's starting to look like my Tank Carradine of the 2014 draft. Meaning he's the guy the Niners absolutely MUST get if his stock stays this low. And they won't have to deal with a redshirt rookie year with Roby.

Jared Abbrederis! After he torched him for over 200 yards Roby just started falling.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jared Abbrederis! After he torched him for over 200 yards Roby just started falling.

Yep. And I'm assuming Sammy Watkins took him to school as well (I didn't see who was covering Watkins every play).

I still want Roby on the Niners. Badly.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And I'm assuming Sammy Watkins took him to school as well (I didn't see who was covering Watkins every play).

I still want Roby on the Niners. Badly.

Roby sat that game out. His nagging knee injury hasn't helped his stock either.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just so I'm remembering correctly... Correct me if I'm wrong. SF has:

1. 1st rounder
2. Chiefs' 2nd rounder
3. 2nd rounder
4. Titans' 3rd rounder
5. 3rd rounder
6. 4th rounder

...and then some comp' pick(s) & later picks. Is this right? Or did I forget one / some?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I'm remembering correctly... Correct me if I'm wrong. SF has:

1. 1st rounder
2. Chiefs' 2nd rounder
3. 2nd rounder
4. Titans' 3rd rounder
5. 3rd rounder
6. 4th rounder

...and then some comp' pick(s) & later picks. Is this right? Or did I forget one / some?

And maybe another comp 3rd (or 4th) for Goldson

:yahoo:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Roby sat that game out. His nagging knee injury hasn't helped his stock either.

:what: Oh wow. I completely missed that.

Well that actually makes me feel better about him. So does the fact that he's had a nagging knee injury; when he's healthy he's the real deal.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:what: Oh wow. I completely missed that.

Well that actually makes me feel better about him. So does the fact that he's had a nagging knee injury; when he's healthy he's the real deal.

I agree. Also Deone Bucannon is a ss that we NEED in red and gold.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And maybe another comp 3rd (or 4th) for Goldson

:yahoo:

Nice! Ok. As people here can probably tell I'm getting a little antsy waiting for the Carolina game in which the Niners are going to dominate! So here's my what-the-hell-are-you-doing-talking-about-this-during-the-playoffs, way-too-early dream offseason:

Niners sign:

Boldin
Alex Mack. Boom. A little crazy? Yes. One of the best O-lines in the history of the NFL? :nod: I doubt he hits URFA though. :(
Antonio Cromartie. 2-year deal. That'd be friggn' sweet.

Niners draft:

1 - Stephon Tuitt.
2 - Bradley Roby. After trading up from the Chiefs' 2nd round spot. Let's just say it costs a 3rd & change)
3 - Lamarcus Joyner. I honestly have no idea where he's going to go at this point. Is mid 2nd round too unrealistic even for a dream-offseason thread? It'd probably take the rest of the big picks to move up from the Titans' 3rd.
Comp' for Goldson: Donte Moncrief. He'd probably be gone by this point, but ya never know.

...Then they go to work finding a FS. If they like Joyner there then that'd be cool too. But this roster would make me:
andysandberg.jpg

Honourable mentions: Dominique Easley would be a nice pickup if he falls far enough even though he might have to sit his rookie year.

Also the Niners would probably have to cut Carlos Rogers. I expect 'em to do that regardless.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Ok. As people here can probably tell I'm getting a little antsy waiting for the Carolina game in which the Niners are going to dominate! So here's my what-the-hell-are-you-doing-talking-about-this-during-the-playoffs, way-too-early dream offseason:

Niners sign:

Boldin
Alex Mack. Boom. A little crazy? Yes. One of the best O-lines in the history of the NFL? :nod: I doubt he hits URFA though. :(
Antonio Cromartie. 2-year deal. That'd be friggn' sweet.

Niners draft:

1 - Stephon Tuitt.
2 - Bradley Roby. After trading up from the Chiefs' 2nd round spot. Let's just say it costs a 3rd & change)
3 - Lamarcus Joyner. I honestly have no idea where he's going to go at this point. Is mid 2nd round too unrealistic even for a dream-offseason thread? It'd probably take the rest of the big picks to move up from the Titans' 3rd.
Comp' for Goldson: Donte Moncrief. He'd probably be gone by this point, but ya never know.

...Then they go to work finding a FS. If they like Joyner there then that'd be cool too. But this roster would make me:
andysandberg.jpg

Honourable mentions: Dominique Easley would be a nice pickup if he falls far enough even though he might have to sit his rookie year.

Also the Niners would probably have to cut Carlos Rogers. I expect 'em to do that regardless.

Tuitt over Hageman? Hageman will dominate at 5 tech. He'll finally get to see 1 blocker with our front. I see him as a perfect fit.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOLn0cB3D4]Ra'Shede Hageman vs Wisconsin (2012) - YouTube[/ame]

Look how he moves the pocket and how it takes 2 and 3 to block him. This is against a talented Wisconsin line too!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tuitt over Hageman?

Hell to the no, but Hageman would probably cost a monumental trade up.

I'd be perfectly fine trading up for Hageman. But if they stay put I want Tuitt.